NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    I hate the new running order, its always in the way, they need to put it back on the top of the screen. Overall I thought the duels were good, the first was more exciting than the second one except the wreck at the end. Its weird watching without a driver to cheer for right now. Got to feel bad for the teams who have to load up and go home after tonight. Well on to the 500!
    I know. I went through that. You'll find a driver. Maybe someone who reminds you of Mark (not sure if there is one)? Maybe a driver that he endorses?

I have 3 now. Kyle, Kyle and Joey.

And what's with Tony's comments about Richard Petty?
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      I know. I went through that. You'll find a driver. Maybe someone who reminds you of Mark (not sure if there is one)? Maybe a driver that he endorses?

I have 3 now. Kyle, Kyle and Joey.

And what's with Tony's comments about Richard Petty?

I've been through that also, multiple times since the early 60's.
      I really like that Kyle Larson kid a lot.
      Kyle Busch and Junior have really matured in the past few years.

I don't blame Tony for sticking up for his teammate, King or no King.
      Tony is Tony and he has never been shy or afraid.

Danika did a real good job staying on Tony's tale at the beginning of the duel.

In the 500, I think Tony's team has the best chance to work together.
      If Harvick and Kurt cooperate, those 4 cars could hook up and bring some others with them.
      Tony almost did it on the bottom Thursday night.

It will take team work to win the 500.
      I don't see the Gibbs or Hendrick team working together for very long because of the giant egos.
      After hearing Petty's barb, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica get a checker.

I never was a Mo-Par guy anyway, even back in the day and no man is my king.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Nascar hasn't been the same for me since SR died. But I have to say, it is nice to see the 3 back on the track.... Maybe I can root for the Dillon kid.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
          Nascar hasn't been the same for me since SR died. But I have to say, it is nice to see the 3 back on the track.... Maybe I can root for the Dillon kid.....
          I feel the opposite. I was just coming to post on it and saw yours. I think the 3 should be retired. It is the most famous number because of its Driver , arguably one of the best ever. He and Petty both have 7 champs. I'd say the same about Richards number but he controls it so okay for him. But to me that is Dales number and it should not be brought back at all other than in a retirement and honor type of mode. I am going to be a lil pissed every time I see it on the track. I will try not to hold that against the kid but can't say it won't be hard. As for Childress brining it back:brick: thats how I feel about that. But its just my:2cents:
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• On a lighter note, I think its really cool Chase will be driving for Jr. This year. Excited to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I've been through that also, multiple times since the early 60's.
              I really like that Kyle Larson kid a lot.
              Kyle Busch and Junior have really matured in the past few years.

I don't blame Tony for sticking up for his teammate, King or no King.
              Tony is Tony and he has never been shy or afraid.

Danika did a real good job staying on Tony's tale at the beginning of the duel.

In the 500, I think Tony's team has the best chance to work together.
              If Harvick and Kurt cooperate, those 4 cars could hook up and bring some others with them.
              Tony almost did it on the bottom Thursday night.

It will take team work to win the 500.
              I don't see the Gibbs or Hendrick team working together for very long because of the giant egos.
              After hearing Petty's barb, I wouldn't mind seeing Danica get a checker.

I never was a Mo-Par guy anyway, even back in the day and no man is my king.
              I don't blame him for sticking up for a team member. It was just what he said. I just read that Petty accepted the challenge to race Patrick.

What do you all think about the "pushing rule"? I think it's going to be hard to enforce fairly. Apparently, no one saw Hornaday in the Trucks last night.

The Trucks are on FS1. They moved the box back up to the top. But no intervals. At all, during the whole race. Couldn't tell how far back a truck was (time-wise), how many laps it was down or if a truck was out. I hope they don't do that on the regular FOX network.
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• God i hate the rain!

What is the deal with the 500 & the wheather in recent years? I know it's florida & all but come on!! Can we just have a darn Daytona 500 with some nice conditions already?
                sigpic

Comment

• Shame about Truex, front row and everything and then it all went bad early. Feel bad for those guys. Looked like they had a good car.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    God i hate the rain!

What is the deal with the 500 & the wheather in recent years? I know it's florida & all but come on!! Can we just have a darn Daytona 500 with some nice conditions already?
                    Yup, hate when this turns into an all day affair. I was playing PS3 on one tv while watching coverage on mute on the other lol
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Way to go Jr!!!

Way overdue for winning Daytona again.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Horrible point system aside, that might be the best 500 I've seen in ages! Other than the long awful rain delay!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Congrats to JR!

The 3 and 4 "caused" (in quotes because some would say it wasn't their fault ) 2 accidents each. Poor Larson. Not a good day for him. Did anyone think it funny (as in odd/ironic) that it was the 43 that hit the 10? She took a hard hit and I'm glad she's fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't jest.
                          Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• Pretty good 500 overall, the rain was horrible though lol. Not looking forward to the media giving Jr the championship now that he has won the 500 though
                            sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• As a Jr fan, I''m a happy camper...

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                                Pretty good 500 overall, the rain was horrible though lol. Not looking forward to the media giving Jr the championship now that he has won the 500 though
                                They were doing that during the rain delay. Something about his CC's last year and making memorable. I don't think I would mind if he won.
                                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

Working...
                                X