Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Congrats to JR!


    The 3 and 4 "caused" (in quotes because some would say it wasn't their fault ) 2 accidents each. Poor Larson. Not a good day for him. Did anyone think it funny (as in odd/ironic) that it was the 43 that hit the 10? She took a hard hit and I'm glad she's fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't jest.
    I'm not sure that Harvick caused the first accident, at first i thought he did but after they showed some replays it appeared as though the 36 car may have just ever so slightly got into kevin's quater panel which led to him wiggling a bit back into the 36 car & it was on from there.

    Second one was certainly on him but it was the last lap & you just knew they would never make it back to the line without crashing, it never fails at daytona & talladega.

    It was one long day & of course i was very disappointed that tony had problems, seems like he can't catch a break (no pun intended) since his return.

    Overall it was a good race, i liked how biffle kept switching lanes to keep the lead & really thought he had a shot at the win, but i'm just glad that the 48 didn't win it again.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Now onto this new points thing, i see alot of you do not care for it & i'm not saying i do either but i'm still not sure how i feel about it yet but with that being said, let's play devil's advocate for a moment...

      Every other major sport has a championship game or series to end the season & it means whoever comes out the winner is champion but when you look at how nascar is set up, that is not always the case because of how the points were structured before.

      For example, we go into the final race with driver A having such a huge lead over driver B that all he has to do is finish say 30th. Now it's not always that bad, we had the tie with tony & carl a few years ago & they were like 4 or 5 points apart to start that race & the drama was awesome, tony knew he could win it all but the only gurantee of that was to win the race which he did but for every year like that, there is probably 2 years of someone able to clinch a title without even finishing in the top 10.

      Where is the drama in that? Do we not want that final race to mean something? For a winner take all scenario? Let's face it, you have to have your final race count & not just some guy going through the motions & cruising around.

      I understand the consistency side of the argument & it should matter for something but not to the point of your finale being meaningless which hasn't quite happened but the possibility was there. For instance, what if somebody built up such a big points lead that he clinched after the 9th chase race & the final race was absolutely meaningless? That would be a very bad thing & not good for the sport because how could they promote that last race when your champion is already determined?

      I think in time this new points system will grow on all of us & it will be like boy this isn't bad after all & creates alot of excitement.

      There is however a couple things i don't care for & first one is 16 drivers being in, that is too many & dilutes the overall field & the second part i don't like is the fact that once the chase starts, there will be 4 drivers eliminated after 3 races but if you win one of the 3 races then you automaticly advance to the next 3.

      I disagree with that because i thought it was to be the bottom 4 in points get the ax but not so if someone wins the first race & then tanks it the next 2 but he still moves on even if he is in the bottom 4 & that doesn't seem right to me. I understand they are trying to put a huge importance on winning but i just don't get that automatic advance part.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Congrats to JR!


        The 3 and 4 "caused" (in quotes because some would say it wasn't their fault ) 2 accidents each. Poor Larson. Not a good day for him. Did anyone think it funny (as in odd/ironic) that it was the 43 that hit the 10? She took a hard hit and I'm glad she's fine. Otherwise, I wouldn't jest.
        Can you explain BFIPA's above post ? lol

        I immediately saw the "connection" between the 43 and the 10 !!!

        Congrats to Jr !

        .

        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
          Can you explain BFIPA's above post ? lol

          I immediately saw the "connection" between the 43 and the 10 !!!

          Congrats to Jr !

          .
          I guess it was a bit much & over the top?

          I knew i was starting to ramble a bit but when i saw just how much the post was i was like whoa!

          Try not to fall asleep going through it all.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            I guess it was a bit much & over the top?

            I knew i was starting to ramble a bit but when i saw just how much the post was i was like whoa!

            Try not to fall asleep going through it all.


            I read it all. I'm not liking the new points system. Maybe we'll like it better once we see it play out. I don't mind the 16 drivers in, since I'd rather have the old system back.
            Administrator

            Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

            Lupus Awareness Month

            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Peanut View Post


              I read it all. I'm not liking the new points system. Maybe we'll like it better once we see it play out. I don't mind the 16 drivers in, since I'd rather have the old system back.
              I get what your saying, but i guess the point i was tying to make & i'll ask you this question...

              As the points were before this season or even if they went back to the old system, would you have been ok if somebody had the championship clinched after the 9th chase race & there was still one race left?

              Wouldn't that make the final race feel kinda empty when it should have a ton of buildup & excitement?
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                I get what your saying, but i guess the point i was tying to make & i'll ask you this question...

                As the points were before this season or even if they went back to the old system, would you have been ok if somebody had the championship clinched after the 9th chase race & there was still one race left?

                Wouldn't that make the final race feel kinda empty when it should have a ton of buildup & excitement?
                What if that somebody after that 9th race was Smoke ?


                btw, I was just kidding with Peanut about your post, you worked hard on it and did a good job.
                It's not your fault the point system is convoluted, thank Mr. France. He'll tweak it again in 2015.

                One thing I really like is that it looks like we've seen the last of bump drafting on restrictor tracks !!!

                .

                May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  I get what your saying, but i guess the point i was tying to make & i'll ask you this question...

                  As the points were before this season or even if they went back to the old system, would you have been ok if somebody had the championship clinched after the 9th chase race & there was still one race left?

                  Wouldn't that make the final race feel kinda empty when it should have a ton of buildup & excitement?
                  Yes. Consistency. A close points race makes it more exciting maybe, but I think it would be more fair.

                  Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                  What if that somebody after that 9th race was Smoke ?


                  btw, I was just kidding with Peanut about your post, you worked hard on it and did a good job.
                  It's not your fault the point system is convoluted, thank Mr. France. He'll tweak it again in 2015.

                  One thing I really like is that it looks like we've seen the last of bump drafting on restrictor tracks !!!

                  .
                  Yes!

                  I'm in a yes mood.


                  Too bad they won't transport all that water they vacuumed up Sunday to CA or another drought-stricken area. It wouldn't help the whole state, but it could help a small area. Who do I send my brilliant ideas to?
                  Administrator

                  Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                  Lupus Awareness Month

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    Yes. Consistency. A close points race makes it more exciting maybe, but I think it would be more fair.



                    Yes!

                    I'm in a yes mood.


                    Too bad they won't transport all that water they vacuumed up Sunday to CA or another drought-stricken area. It wouldn't help the whole state, but it could help a small area. Who do I send my brilliant ideas to?
                    I miss the old system too. Racing is about consistency, not winning a bunch of races and finishing in the low 30s in the other ones.
                    sigpic

                    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                      What if that somebody after that 9th race was Smoke ?


                      btw, I was just kidding with Peanut about your post, you worked hard on it and did a good job.
                      It's not your fault the point system is convoluted, thank Mr. France. He'll tweak it again in 2015.

                      One thing I really like is that it looks like we've seen the last of bump drafting on restrictor tracks !!!

                      .
                      Well obviously i would be happy he won a championship but to be honest, yes it would be wierd watching the last race & not seem right & i have an example...when tony won his 2nd back in 2005 he beat jimmie & the points were fairly close (don't recall exact amount) & the 48 was in all honesty the only other one contending even though biffle ended up 2nd in points, anyway back to my point...

                      Jimmie crashed about halfway through that race & it all but sealed it up for tony & while i was happy at first, the rest of the race felt empty or no meaning because it was over before it was over. I think it would have been more gradifying had he beat him without no issues, head to head.

                      I know that is all part of the deal, crashes, flat tires, engine failure etc. etc. but you want to say you beat the best the other guy had to offer.

                      Oh yeah, i knew you were just messing around about the other post but i do have a tendency to go on & on, kinda like i am now ha ha!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • .



                        Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Too bad they won't transport all that water they vacuumed up Sunday to CA or another drought-stricken area. It wouldn't help the whole state, but it could help a small area. Who do I send my brilliant ideas to?
                        Great, now SoCal is raining and heading toward PIR.
                        Sprint practice and quals should get in tomorrow, mostly cloudy and high 70s.
                        Wet weather will get here Fri night and through Saturday.
                        Sunday the showers should pass through by mid-day, high 60s.

                        .

                        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                          .



                          Great, now SoCal is raining and heading toward PIR.
                          Sprint practice and quals should get in tomorrow, mostly cloudy and high 70s.
                          Wet weather will get here Fri night and through Saturday.
                          Sunday the showers should pass through by mid-day, high 60s.

                          .
                          Is that how to break a drought? Have a NASCAR race?

                          Are you going?
                          Administrator

                          Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                          Lupus Awareness Month

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • .



                            Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            Is that how to break a drought? Have a NASCAR race?

                            Are you going?
                            It had been 70 days since we've had a drop of rain.
                            I was surprised that the NW race got that many laps in. It was storming all around the area.
                            I think Kyle has won 7 here and Harvick has finished here in second about 7 times lol.
                            Good news is that most of the precip has move to the East of us.
                            The dryers should be on the track all morning and the Sprint cars will be good to go.

                            This storm is clobbering New Mexico right now, is headed East and moving fast.
                            By the time this moisture combines with other systems, the East coast will be impacted.
                            Peanut, you should be getting some icy rain or snow by Monday.

                            The Sprint quals were really stressful and rough on the cars and crews.
                            NASCAR needs to fix that quick, at least let them flush and cool down in the pit area.

                            Am I going ? You bet I am, I'm going where I can see it best !!!
                            I'm going to my sofa and watch it on TV lol.

                            .

                            May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                              The Sprint quals were really stressful and rough on the cars and crews.
                              NASCAR needs to fix that quick, at least let them flush and cool down in the pit area.

                              Am I going ? You bet I am, I'm going where I can see it best !!!
                              I'm going to my sofa and watch it on TV lol.

                              .
                              That was strange watching that new qualifying format with an open track but what was really wierd was watching them cruise around real slow trying to cool the engines for another run.

                              Nascar's answer to that is going to be that the teams don't have to tape the grill opening shut which is entirely true. If you want to do that then sure your going to get a faster lap but it may be your only real shot because the motor is getting too hot.

                              Nobody told them they have to tape it up, but if you don't then you won't run as fast & that is the problem. Perhaps a solution to that would be for nascar to say no tape, just go out & run like your in practice & whoever is fast so be it. If this new format is here to stay then i think that is the only real answer.

                              Why would you want to risk overheating your motor anyway & possibily risk damage to your motor?
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                                .





                                It had been 70 days since we've had a drop of rain.
                                I was surprised that the NW race got that many laps in. It was storming all around the area.
                                I think Kyle has won 7 here and Harvick has finished here in second about 7 times lol.
                                Good news is that most of the precip has move to the East of us.
                                The dryers should be on the track all morning and the Sprint cars will be good to go.

                                This storm is clobbering New Mexico right now, is headed East and moving fast.
                                By the time this moisture combines with other systems, the East coast will be impacted.
                                Peanut, you should be getting some icy rain or snow by Monday.

                                The Sprint quals were really stressful and rough on the cars and crews.
                                NASCAR needs to fix that quick, at least let them flush and cool down in the pit area.

                                Am I going ? You bet I am, I'm going where I can see it best !!!
                                I'm going to my sofa and watch it on TV lol.

                                .


                                Fast moving storm. It's suppose to hit here late tonight/early Monday. Really hope there's no ice.
                                Administrator

                                Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                                Lupus Awareness Month

                                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X