Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Well my brother is happy that Harvick won. I was shocked he didn't take a shot at Childress lol
    sigpic

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

    Comment


    • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      I feel the opposite. I was just coming to post on it and saw yours. I think the 3 should be retired. It is the most famous number because of its Driver , arguably one of the best ever. He and Petty both have 7 champs. I'd say the same about Richards number but he controls it so okay for him. But to me that is Dales number and it should not be brought back at all other than in a retirement and honor type of mode. I am going to be a lil pissed every time I see it on the track. I will try not to hold that against the kid but can't say it won't be hard. As for Childress brining it back:brick: thats how I feel about that. But its just my:2cents:
      If you retired the 3 then you would have to retire the 43 & so on. Pretty soon they'll run out of numbers. Don't get me wrong Earnhardt was & always will be my favorite driver, I started watching when he was in the yellow/blue wrangler #3 car. I just don't think Nascar should retire numbers...

      Comment


      • .



        NASCAR wanted to give the fans more "excitement" with this new qual format.
        We saw some real close calls with cars cooling at 20 mph on the apron Friday.
        These cars are trying to cool down while several cars are tring to put down 195+ laps.
        This is a very dangerous combo.
        When NASCAR decided to use the knock out quals, I'm sure they didn't foresee these complications.
        Phoenix was bad, Vegas worse; how will they do this on a track like Bristol next week ?

        .

        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

        Comment


        • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
          .



          NASCAR wanted to give the fans more "excitement" with this new qual format.
          We saw some real close calls with cars cooling at 20 mph on the apron Friday.
          These cars are trying to cool down while several cars are tring to put down 195+ laps.
          This is a very dangerous combo.
          When NASCAR decided to use the knock out quals, I'm sure they didn't foresee these complications.
          Phoenix was bad, Vegas worse; how will they do this on a track like Bristol next week ?

          .
          Yeah i didn't get to see qualifying but saw some replays & there was some close calls for sure but it's because these teams are pushing the limits with the tape on the grill, taping it up was fine under the old format but not now.

          Honestly AZ i actually think it will be better at bristol because that is only 15 second laps, it's on the bigger tracks that is the problem area because the lap takes longer & the speed is alot greater.

          I think tracks like pocono & indy will really be an issue with overheating because they are 2.5 mile & take over 50 seconds to get around, perhaps michigan & california also being 2 mile tracks.

          I just think if nascar says no tape on the grill for qualifying then it would fix this whole mess.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
            If you retired the 3 then you would have to retire the 43 & so on. Pretty soon they'll run out of numbers. Don't get me wrong Earnhardt was & always will be my favorite driver, I started watching when he was in the yellow/blue wrangler #3 car. I just don't think Nascar should retire numbers...
            Not arguing the 43 shouldn't be retired, but that is kinda up to Petty and since he controls it I'm okay with that. there is not reason they would have to run out of numbers, first off I am not saying you should start retiring every previous champions number, but when you seperate yourself as being one of the best ever with 7 of them, yep that deserves retirement and imo no one else should run that number. I think you earned it and it should always be associated with you and just you from that point forward. Secondly, even though I can't see running out of double digit numbers using that criteria for another couple 100 yrs., there are plenty of numbers that use 3 or more digits.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Honestly AZ i actually think it will be better at bristol because that is only 15 second laps, it's on the bigger tracks that is the problem area because the lap takes longer & the speed is alot greater.
              If the track is over 1 mile we go to the 3 stage shoot-out.
              1 mile and under will be the 2 stage.

              2 stage: 30 minutes to determine the top 43, top 24 fight for 10 minutes for pole to #24.
              3 stage: 25 minutes for top 43, 10 minutes for top 24, top 12 fight for 5 minutes for pole to #12.

              The cars that make early runs and get knocked out of the top 24 will try to get a better lap in.
              The cars that are in jeopardy of missing out of the final 43 will be doing the same.
              Same goes for the bubble cars in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

              Teams get big bucks just for making the race. No one is going to take off tape.
              NASCAR won't tell them not to use tape either.

              In order to run fast, the motors have to be at max op temp, Texas or Bristol.

              I think we will see a lot of cars taking cooling down laps next week in Tennessee.
              It's hard enough just to pit at Bristol.
              Can you imagine 43 cars trying to get in hot laps all at the same time.
              Hope that you are right and I'm wrong, we'll see.






              And give me back my fast moving skinny ticker tape running order at the top of my screen !!!

              .

              May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

              Comment


              • Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                Not arguing the 43 shouldn't be retired, but that is kinda up to Petty and since he controls it I'm okay with that. there is not reason they would have to run out of numbers, first off I am not saying you should start retiring every previous champions number, but when you seperate yourself as being one of the best ever with 7 of them, yep that deserves retirement and imo no one else should run that number. I think you earned it and it should always be associated with you and just you from that point forward. Secondly, even though I can't see running out of double digit numbers using that criteria for another couple 100 yrs., there are plenty of numbers that use 3 or more digits.
                I guess we can agree to disagree. I'll just say Dale Sr was my driver, the only reason I root for Jr is because of Sr & I don't think the number or any numbers should be retired in Nascar...

                Comment


                • On a lighter note that 88 looked stout yet again. I'm loving it.....

                  Comment


                  • 33rd & 4 laps down seriously? I got nothing...that has to be the worst performance of his entire nascar career & yet harvick is running for wins

                    He better seriously think about getting zippy back up on the pit box because this is atrocious!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      33rd & 4 laps down seriously? I got nothing...that has to be the worst performance of his entire nascar career & yet harvick is running for wins

                      He better seriously think about getting zippy back up on the pit box because this is atrocious!
                      Harvick did end up with engine trouble, but it is odd, isn't it? He was running good until then. Do you think it has anything to his recovery?
                      Administrator

                      Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                      Lupus Awareness Month

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Harvick did end up with engine trouble, but it is odd, isn't it? He was running good until then. Do you think it has anything to his recovery?
                        Could be a combination of him getting back in the flow of these cars and Tony usually runs like crap at the beginning of the season (but usually not this bad). Also I'm interested to see if Junior can keep this momentum up, he hasn't run this good since he drove for his dad's team. The Penske Fords are fast as well and i'm shocked that the Gibbs cars aren't running better compared to last year.
                        sigpic

                        2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                        Comment


                        • Hello Nascarites :wave:

                          This offseason I've decided to dip my flippers in the Nascar pool to keep me entertained until football starts again.

                          I may be pestering you guys with a few silly questions, starting with this one:

                          Can you explain the Nationwide and Sprint Cup formats to me?
                          Is one more important than the other and is it the same drivers that go in both?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                            Hello Nascarites :wave:

                            This offseason I've decided to dip my flippers in the Nascar pool to keep me entertained until football starts again.

                            I may be pestering you guys with a few silly questions, starting with this one:

                            Can you explain the Nationwide and Sprint Cup formats to me?
                            Is one more important than the other and is it the same drivers that go in both?
                            Nascar Sprint Cup Series is the top division in Nascar, its the top dogs, the fastest cars, etc.

                            The Nationwide Series is the tier under the Sprint Cup. Its got your up and coming drivers and sadly recently a lot of Sprint Cup drivers in it. Nascar is taking steps to limit the amount of Sprint Cup guys in this series recently. Years ago guys like Mark Martin and Jeff Burton would only run a handfull of races, now you have guys like Kyle Busch and Brad Keslowski who runs just about every race, limiting the chances for new drivers. Recently Nascar has made them choose what series they can earn points in, and they all pick Sprint cup if they want to win the championship. There is talk of them straight limiting them to how many races they can run but nothing official yet.

                            The Truck series is Nascar's 3rd tier division but has some of the best racing. They run less races but they run at more road courses and even a dirt track now.There are a lot of up and coming teams and drivers in this series and definately a great series. You still have cup drivers racing in this but not nearly as bad as the Nationwide series.
                            sigpic

                            2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                              On a lighter note that 88 looked stout yet again. I'm loving it.....
                              Yea, kid needs a championship though. I'm sick to death of hearing about how he's "racing on his daddy's name" and wouldn't be in nascar if he wasn't an earnhardt....
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Thanks Frey. That helps a lot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X