NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, kid needs a championship though. I'm sick to death of hearing about how he's "racing on his daddy's name" and wouldn't be in nascar if he wasn't an earnhardt....
    Yeah but you & I both know that's horse crap......

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Harvick did end up with engine trouble, but it is odd, isn't it? He was running good until then. Do you think it has anything to his recovery?
      It is definitely something to think about but i'm not really sure if that is the problem considering how he ran at phoenix.

There he finished 16th on the lead lap & actually ran much better than that & would have had a top 10 finish if not for the untimely caution late in the race that trapped him & several others a lap down & they had to take the wave around but he never recoverd from that. So it's hard to say that it's the injury.

Tony's comment after the race..."Something wasn't right" - WOW! He is a freaking genius
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

NASCAR wanted to give the fans more "excitement" with this new qual format.
        We saw some real close calls with cars cooling at 20 mph on the apron Friday.
        These cars are trying to cool down while several cars are tring to put down 195+ laps.
        This is a very dangerous combo.
        When NASCAR decided to use the knock out quals, I'm sure they didn't foresee these complications.
        Phoenix was bad, Vegas worse; how will they do this on a track like Bristol next week ?

An article about quals. I hope NASCAR does the right thing.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        If the track is over 1 mile we go to the 3 stage shoot-out.
        1 mile and under will be the 2 stage.

2 stage: 30 minutes to determine the top 43, top 24 fight for 10 minutes for pole to #24.
        3 stage: 25 minutes for top 43, 10 minutes for top 24, top 12 fight for 5 minutes for pole to #12.

The cars that make early runs and get knocked out of the top 24 will try to get a better lap in.
        The cars that are in jeopardy of missing out of the final 43 will be doing the same.
        Same goes for the bubble cars in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Teams get big bucks just for making the race. No one is going to take off tape.
        NASCAR won't tell them not to use tape either.

In order to run fast, the motors have to be at max op temp, Texas or Bristol.

I think we will see a lot of cars taking cooling down laps next week in Tennessee.
        It's hard enough just to pit at Bristol.
        Can you imagine 43 cars trying to get in hot laps all at the same time.
        Hope that you are right and I'm wrong, we'll see.

And give me back my fast moving skinny ticker tape running order at the top of my screen !!!

Agree!

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        Hello Nascarites :wave:

This offseason I've decided to dip my flippers in the Nascar pool to keep me entertained until football starts again.

I may be pestering you guys with a few silly questions, starting with this one:

Can you explain the Nationwide and Sprint Cup formats to me?
        Is one more important than the other and is it the same drivers that go in both?
        Welcome, Jaws! Ask away. Someone will have an answer.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        It is definitely something to think about but i'm not really sure if that is the problem considering how he ran at phoenix.

There he finished 16th on the lead lap & actually ran much better than that & would have had a top 10 finish if not for the untimely caution late in the race that trapped him & several others a lap down & they had to take the wave around but he never recoverd from that. So it's hard to say that it's the injury.

Tony's comment after the race..."Something wasn't right" - WOW! He is a freaking genius
        If you're frustrated, you know he is too. They'll find the answers.
        Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Oops, it has been drawn to my attention thanks to the friendly CP system that I have thanked the wrong person.
          So today I will get it right.
          Thank you Roushmartin6

And thanks Peanut and everyone who has offered to help me with my questions

Comment

• Hopefully this works. At least they're listening.

•NASCAR to allow cooldown units during qualifying: NASCAR notified its teams this afternoon that effective immediately the following modifications apply to all elements of its national series qualifying including the breaks:
            • One cool down unit connected through either the left side or right side hood flap/cowl flap is allowed to cool the engine
            • The hood must continue to remain closed
            • Plugging in the generator will not be allowed
            • Two crew members will be allowed over the wall to support the car and driver
            • No cool down laps will be permitted
            NASCAR instituted a new group qualifying format for its three national series in January and has continued to evaluate the process through the first three races of the season. The new format has been well-received by fans, competitors, race tracks and other key stakeholders. NASCAR believes that the modifications announced today should help make the qualifying even better and more compelling.
            "The qualifying is new to all of us and as we have said over the past several weeks, we are looking at it from all aspects," said Robin Pemberton, vice president of competition and racing development. "Following discussions, both internally and with others in the garage area, we moved quickly to make a few revisions that will be effective starting with our two national series events at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend. We believe this will only enhance and improve what has demonstrated to be an exciting form of qualifying for our fans, competitors and others involved with the sport. Moving forward we will continue to look at it and address anything else that we may need to as the season unfolds."(NASCAR)(3-11-2014)
            Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• So this next race is in Bristol. That's just over the border from me

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                So this next race is in Bristol. That's just over the border from me
                Are you going? You'd make the news:

Breaking news! Shark sighted roaming Bristol, muttering "Where's the cars? Where's the drivers? I'm hungry."
                Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Are you going? You'd make the news:

Breaking news! Shark sighted roaming Bristol, muttering "Where's the cars? Where's the drivers? I'm hungry."
                  Might just do that.
                  I need a bit of publicity.
                  This Lydia is getting too much attention

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    Is that how to break a drought? Have a NASCAR race?

Glad to see Smoke in the top 5 !
                    Not worried about his leg after he made it through Bristol.

Congrats Carl !

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 03-16-2014, 07:16 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• The crowd was pathetic again. I remember when I went back in 2005, crammed to the max, now you can have a whole section to yourself! Was a pretty good race. Congrats to Carl
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                        Glad to see Smoke in the top 5 !
                        Not worried about his leg after he made it through Bristol.

Congrats Carl !
                        It was a really good day/night for tony & i was actually a bit surprised by how well he ran considering last week & then qualifying 37th for this race, so i expected another poor finish.

But apparently they had some sort of mechanical issue last week at vegas & that is why he ran so poorly. I never heard what it was but Zippy said it was human error on their part & it should have never happened & that alot of other drivers would have crashed that car.

So while that is disappointing, at the same time it makes things seem alot better knowing something was wrong with the car instead of just poor performance, next week at california will tell us alot about where the team is for sure.

On a side note...these 8-10 hour racedays are getting really old, so let's hope we are done with rain delays for a long time.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          It was a really good day/night for tony & i was actually a bit surprised by how well he ran considering last week & then qualifying 37th for this race, so i expected another poor finish.

But apparently they had some sort of mechanical issue last week at vegas & that is why he ran so poorly. I never heard what it was but Zippy said it was human error on their part & it should have never happened & that alot of other drivers would have crashed that car.

So while that is disappointing, at the same time it makes things seem alot better knowing something was wrong with the car instead of just poor performance, next week at california will tell us alot about where the team is for sure.

On a side note...these 8-10 hour racedays are getting really old, so let's hope we are done with rain delays for a long time.
                          But CA really needs the rain.

Don't throw things at me! Rain before and after the race? Would that be okay?

Harvick blew up, didn't he? They do seem to have issues.

Edwards probably would have won anyway, but the last caution was because of human error?
                          Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

But CA really needs the rain.

Don't throw things at me! Rain before and after the race? Would that be okay?

Harvick blew up, didn't he? They do seem to have issues.

Edwards probably would have won anyway, but the last caution was because of human error?
                            That caution at the end was strange & yes it was an error by i think a track official but the race was over & outside of a crash, nothing was going to change in the running order.

So no harm no foul, but had the rain not come...now we have a real problem with another restart & thatmore than likely changes the outcome & speaking of the rain, i was brainstorming (scary thought ha ha!) but i have an idea that could help with the lengthy delays, so i will run it by you gang & see your thoughts...

Now while nothing can be done to stop the rain, what about the amount of time it takes to dry the track once the rain stops? Yes they have those new titan dryers which help some but still take forever so what if they could somehow build a retractable tarp into the base of the wall that once it started to rain it would roll out over & cover the track surface & thus save an enormous amount of time once the rain stops.

Also it could be over the track before the race starts if it's raining so once again when it stops raining the time it takes to get going is greatly reduced.

Is this a crazy idea? Has nascar ever looked into anything like this? Sure if it was possible it would cost alot of money but the time saved would far outweigh that i would think, you wouldn't have as many fans leaving.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              That caution at the end was strange & yes it was an error by i think a track official but the race was over & outside of a crash, nothing was going to change in the running order.

So no harm no foul, but had the rain not come...now we have a real problem with another restart & thatmore than likely changes the outcome & speaking of the rain, i was brainstorming (scary thought ha ha!) but i have an idea that could help with the lengthy delays, so i will run it by you gang & see your thoughts...

Now while nothing can be done to stop the rain, what about the amount of time it takes to dry the track once the rain stops? Yes they have those new titan dryers which help some but still take forever so what if they could somehow build a retractable tarp into the base of the wall that once it started to rain it would roll out over & cover the track surface & thus save an enormous amount of time once the rain stops.

Also it could be over the track before the race starts if it's raining so once again when it stops raining the time it takes to get going is greatly reduced.

Is this a crazy idea? Has nascar ever looked into anything like this? Sure if it was possible it would cost alot of money but the time saved would far outweigh that i would think, you wouldn't have as many fans leaving.
                              Interesting idea. I like it but I don't know how feasible it is. Integrity of the wall? Start from the bottom instead? E-mail someone in NASCAR and see what they say. Make sure you get credit and $ for it.

My idea? A retractable dome. When it rains, close it up and use big fans.

No? You can't see a dome over Daytona?
                              Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• No comments about this weekend?

I'm missing a Joey.

NW was a great race. That was fun.

Tony had another good finish today.
                                Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Working...
                                X