No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty good race today. Glad to see Busch get around Johnson for the win. Really exciting race for sure. I bet Brad was super ticked when he found out Kurt won the race lol
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• I can live without live coverage of races but you would think they would show the highlights earlier than Tuesday night here!

Comment

• Some sad news to pass along related to Jimmie Johnson & his family...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1740551

The brother-in-law of champion NASCAR stock car racer Jimmie Johnson died in a freak skydiving accident Sunday after he collided with another jumper in midair and then failed to deploy his parachute during freefall in eastern San Diego County, Calif., officials said.

Jordan Janway, 27, a veteran skydiving instructor and brother of Johnson’s wife, Chandra Janway Johnson, was training other employees of Skydive San Diego at the time and may have been knocked unconscious during a tandem maneuver that went horribly wrong.

Jimmie Johnson’s representatives released a statement on behalf of the six-time NASCAR champion and his stunned family.

“The Johnsons are saddened by the tragic passing of Chandra's brother, Jordan Janway,” a rep for Jimmie Johnson said in a statement shared with the Daily News. “Jordan was an incredible son, brother, uncle and friend and will be dearly missed. Please keep the Janway family in your thoughts and prayers. The family asks for privacy at this time.”
        I was going to post some stuff about the race but once i saw this news, it didn't seem like an appropiate time as i felt saddened by the tragedy that has happened to that poor family.

Thoughts & prayers to Jimmie & of course his wife & all her family.
        Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 03-31-2014, 04:53 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          Pretty good race today. Glad to see Busch get around Johnson for the win. Really exciting race for sure. I bet Brad was super ticked when he found out Kurt won the race lol
          Yeah I'll bet he was, but imo, if he is mad at anyone he should be mad at himself. I personally think that one was Keslowskis fault. First he hit Kane then he turned left into Bush. Would love to have been a fly on the wall when he saw him win.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            Some sad news to pass along related to Jimmie Johnson & his family...

I was going to post some stuff about the race but once i saw this news, it didn't seem like an appropiate time as i felt saddened by the tragedy that has happened to that poor family.

OMG, that is terrible. I feel really bad for the family. We will pray for them. A very hard couple weeks for Nacar.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Some sad news to pass along related to Jimmie Johnson & his family...

Wow prayers for their family. I have never flown, and have no desire to do so, let alone jump out of a plane. At least he died doing what he loved to do
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• I've had Nascar for breakfast these past couple of days, highlights yesterday and Nascar Now today. It's proving to be good fuel and I work well afterwards!
                Must say, I really enjoyed watching Martinsville.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  I've had Nascar for breakfast these past couple of days, highlights yesterday and Nascar Now today. It's proving to be good fuel and I work well afterwards!
                  Must say, I really enjoyed watching Martinsville.
                  Good for you Jawsie.
                  Martinsville is a paperclip, Texas is next and BIG !!!

Congrats Chase, you did a great job winning the NW !!!
                  :thumb:

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                    Good for you Jawsie.
                    Martinsville is a paperclip, Texas is next and BIG !!!

Congrats Chase, you did a great job winning the NW !!!
                    :thumb:
                    Chase did great!

I was wondering if Harvick was going to complain about these "rich, privileged kids" again.
                    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      Chase did great!

I was wondering if Harvick was going to complain about these "rich, privileged kids" again.

Yep, good for the kid and I hope he wins more than Harvick this year. I definitely think he's got one coming. Other than Jr. Winning it all, nothing would make me happier than seeing the kid make the chase and Harvick not.too bad Harvick already won
                      Last edited by FL BRONCO; 04-05-2014, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• U.K schedulers must have listened to my rant and I get my highlights early Monday morning instead of having to wait 48 hours.

Comment

• Smoke on the pole which does not happen very often, but when he does qualify that strong then he usually is a serious threat for the win.

So i look for the #14 to be up front all day & maybe get his first win of the season & the third for the organization, which seems to be on a roll.

Could we have our 7th different winner in 7 races? How long can it continue? Let's just hope the tires hold up this time because texas is super fast & if the teams don't follow the tire pressure recommendations then there could be big problems.

Enjoy the race all, should be a good one.
                          sigpic

Comment

• *Sigh* Another rain delay........
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              *Sigh* Another rain delay........
                              Delayed until Monday 12 noon eastern
                              I have to work and I'll miss it unless it rains some more tomorrow.
                              Good chance of rain Monday.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              Could we have our 7th different winner in 7 races? How long can it continue?
                              Congrats to Smoke for getting the pole.
                              Could we have 7 different Sprint Cup races rain delayed ? How long could it continue ?
                              PEANUT !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                                Delayed until Monday 12 noon eastern
                                I have to work and I'll miss it unless it rains some more tomorrow.
                                Good chance of rain Monday.

Congrats to Smoke for getting the pole.
                                Could we have 7 different Sprint Cup races rain delayed ? How long could it continue ?
                                PEANUT !!!
                                I too have to work & will miss out unless it gets delayed for a few hours!

Yes this is really starting to get old with all these rain delays.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X