NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    North Wilkesboro, you remember when they raced there?????
    That track was awesome, uphill and downhill at a short track, just plain awesome. It reopened for a brief period a few years ago but its closed again, sad really. It was so much better than the cookie cutter tracks
    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Congrats to Chase !!!
      Amazing !
      You did well also Larson !
      Love it when you kids put it to the Sprint Cup vets in the NWS race !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Congrats to Chase !!!
        Amazing !
        Congrats, Chase!

These guys are making Kyle Busch look like the old guy.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Congrats to Chase !!!
          Amazing !
          Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Congrats, Chase!

These guys are making Kyle Busch look like the old guy.
          The kid is doing a heck of a job & it appears like he could be a star in the making.

Question is...will they rush him into cup or give him some time? The way he is racing, he may very well be ready but i would wait til next season.
          sigpic

Comment

• Damn if Clint didn't wreck Kurt the 88 would have had win # 2.... I knew the 4 would get him at the end.... Damnit .........

Comment

• Harvick is making the switch to Stewart Haas look like a great decision. I think they have been experimenting with some stuff since they won Phoenix, hence all the blown motors but its paying off
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                Damn if Clint didn't wreck Kurt the 88 would have had win # 2.... I knew the 4 would get him at the end.... Damnit .........
                That 4 car was badder than anything else on that track that day !

Richmond: Kurt will give Clint a good one I bet !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

That 4 car was badder than anything else on that track that day !

Richmond: Kurt will give Clint a good one I bet !!!
                  He had the car no doubt. Jr should have pulled a Sr and dumped him lol....

Comment

• NASCAR not planning additional SAFER barriers: NASCAR has undergone significant format modifications this season in an attempt to bolster its reach, but additional major changes are unlikely. "More tweaks, if any at all are made, they'd be minor because we believe the current format we have is built to stand a long time," NASCAR chairman Brian France said Friday at a conference with sports editors.
                    France suggested that the changes to the championship structure has altered the way drivers race, forcing them to increase "taking risks" and being more aggressive in the pursuit of victories, as opposed to securing points. When weighing safety, however, France didn't indicate that more changes would be likely, despite several calls from drivers to install SAFER barriers that help absorb crash impacts to any parts of racetrack walls that have concrete. "We're going to put SAFER walls wherever it's necessary," France said. "There are parts of the track that we may determine aren't necessary for those walls. When and if we think they are, we'll obviously make sure that happens. We do add SAFER walls to the inside areas depending on if it's necessary. We'll do it wherever it's appropriate. Period. We already have. We've been clear about that. We don't think it's necessary, as an example, to do it on pit lane, because they're not running fast enough and it wouldn't make any sense to do that, so wherever it's appropriate, we'll do it."
                    Since each race track is different, there are challenges to installing SAFER walls in all places where cars are exposed to concrete. According to France, several factors determine whether or not the barriers are necessary.(USA Today)(4-26-2014)

This kind of ticks me off. They won't need them till they need them, then it might be too late. I might be a bit biased because its my home track but Iowa speedway did it right, the whole track has safer barriers.
                    sigpic

Comment

• We've seen cars hit the inside walls where they didn't think cars would hit. This is a situation where I think they should listen to the drivers.

Congrats to Joey!

Good race. I'm pulling for Gordon to win a race. He's been close.

Oh, and did anyone notice who said he was a Broncos fan?

I knew JR was a Skins fan. Nice to have RG3 there.
                      Last edited by Peanut; 04-26-2014, 11:59 PM.
                      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Congrats Joey

Comment

• Brads a buthead imo. What did he expect him to do? They were racing for the win, he didn't do anything wrong and whats more Brad wouldve done the same thing. You guys see the Aussie incident, didn't know he had it in him. Looked like Mears earned it imo. Was interesting, we will see what nascar has to say about that one later in the week and we will see if their is any lingering reactions to either situation next week. Should be interesting. Just another week in Nascar.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            Brads a buthead imo. What did he expect him to do? They were racing for the win, he didn't do anything wrong and whats more Brad wouldve done the same thing. You guys see the Aussie incident, didn't know he had it in him. Looked like Mears earned it imo. Was interesting, we will see what nascar has to say about that one later in the week and we will see if their is any lingering reactions to either situation next week. Should be interesting. Just another week in Nascar.
                            I agree, i have no problem with how the finish played out, in fact i thought it was awesome & i think keselowski is a big baby & i don't care for him very much, seems like he thinks he owns the track or something & is always getting into it with somebody.

Race was just ok until the end, in fact it was a big disappointment that the tires failed yet again & couldn't last more than 50-55 laps. How many times has it been this year 3 or 4? maybe more? Goodyear is not cutting it & perhaps it's time for nascar to look elsewhere.

Yeah that post race with mears & ambrose, that was good stuff & i was laughing my rear off but indeed mears asked for it by shoving marcose to start.

Now for the painful part for me, i have some things to say about tony & his pathetic performance but perhaps i will put it in a new post because i may rant for a while...
                            sigpic

Comment

• Ok so where shall i start? how about 25th -1 lap & if not for the tire problems & cautions falling, probably would have been like -5 laps maybe like a 30th & just no improvement from the start of the race all the way to the end. How do you not make a single improvement? not even for 3 or 4 spots! just like 2 weeks ago at darlington even though he finished 9th...

For the better part of 3/4 of darlington & that is being generous because it was more like all but about the last 20-25 laps he rode around outside the top 20 & at one point was 2 laps down but got lucky with the cautions falling just right & also misfortune of others that allowed him to move up to a spot he absolutely didn't deserve, he basicly pulled one out of...well you know & that really is a similar story with the other top 10's he has got.

Really he hasn't "raced" his way into the top 10 all year but rather through strategy & cautions & problem for others that got him his 4 top 10's, he hasn't been running in the top 10 but for maybe one race at texas & that is where he started on pole & lead for a bit but then barely hung on for a 10th so he went backwards which is happening every week, he just cannot pass anybody anymore & it's sad to watch.

So what is the problem? i have a few theories i will throw out...

1. The leg injury is still a big factor & he just cannot muscle the car around like he could if he was healthy but i know he would never admit to it or use it as an excuse.

2. The crew chief is the problem & is not giving him what he needs & cannot make the right adjusments to fix the car, however this is his 3rd different CC since Zippy so i can't imagine it's all on those guys, maybe some but not for that many of them. So that leaves me to tha last one & what i think may really be going on...

3. The additon of a 4th team & all the aspects of him being owner & worrying about the whole group is taking his focus away from his own team & car thus causing the poor performance because he has too much on his plate & i believe he would rather get the other cars right & struggle himself as opposed to worrying about himself, it's just how tony is but something has got to change & it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Yes i know tony is a second half driver but there is major problems with the performance of the #14 & it's not going to just go away or fix itself & i don't see any improvement until something is done.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nice right hook Ambrose!! Channeling his inner Allison!
                                sigpic
                                What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

Working...
                                X