Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • .



    I knew there would be tire issues for the Sprint race after that NWS race.
    Can't believe they didn't extinguish Clint's fire while he was in the pit.
    Bet Kurt got a grin out of that one.




    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    We've seen cars hit the inside walls where they didn't think cars would hit. This is a situation where I think they should listen to the drivers.

    Congrats to Joey!

    Good race. I'm pulling for Gordon to win a race. He's been close.


    Oh, and did anyone notice who said he was a Broncos fan?

    I knew JR was a Skins fan. Nice to have RG3 there.
    I was surprised that Jr was taller than RG III.
    I noticed who said he was a Bronco fan... It was Kyle Busch !!!



    Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Congrats Joey
    Talladega is next Jawsie !
    This will be the first time the Sprint cars will have run there with this new set-up.
    Can't wait to see the effect of those taller spoilers have on the Superspeedway !!!

    May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

    Comment


    • *Googles Talladega*

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Jaws View Post
        *Googles Talladega*


        Not sure if you can share what you found. 'Dega has a certain rep.
        Administrator

        Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

        Lupus Awareness Month

        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Peanut View Post


          Not sure if you can share what you found. 'Dega has a certain rep.
          Talledaga, the Las Vegas of NASCAR. What goes on in the infield stays in the infield. People have said that the party there puts Mardi Gras to shame.
          sigpic

          Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

          Comment


          • Good thing I googled Talladega Nascar then and not just Talladega, otherwise this poor and innocent sharkie would have been shocked!

            Comment


            • .



              Originally posted by Jaws View Post
              Good thing I googled Talladega Nascar then and not just Talladega, otherwise this poor and innocent sharkie would have been shocked!
              Talladega is a nice little town, about 15,000 residents.
              When Nascar comes to town twice a year, that number swells to hundreds of thousands.
              I think that you will enjoy this upcoming race on the biggest and fastest super-speedway in the world.

              May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

              Comment


              • Awesome.
                Can't wait!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                  .


                  Talladega is a nice little town, about 15,000 residents.
                  When Nascar comes to town twice a year, that number swells to hundreds of thousands.
                  I think that you will enjoy this upcoming race on the biggest and fastest super-speedway in the world.
                  Originally posted by Jaws View Post
                  Awesome.
                  Can't wait!
                  Alabama has been hit hard with tornadoes. I haven't heard anything about the race being cancelled.

                  I was going to post part of an article, but the link isn't working.

                  Ambrose has been fined $25,000 for hitting Mears. Mears got fined $15,000 for being hit by Ambrose.

                  Okay, so that was a Peanut interpretation. NASCAR said "For actions detrimental to racing and so on..."
                  Administrator

                  Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                  Lupus Awareness Month

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Ok all you guys & gals talking about Talladega got me pumped up for what should be another restrictor plate thriller...after they ride single file around the top for half the race of course ha ha!

                    Also got me thinking of how i would love to be there just once to experience it all because as we all have hear it is a party.

                    And also made me wonder what races or tracks have we all been to?

                    For me, i have been to...Pocono, Martinsville, Bristol, Vegas & Richmond 3 times but it's been at least 5 years or more since the last race because unfortunately times have been tough in recent years as i'm sure is the case more many folks & we just can't afford it anymore.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • .



                      Peanut, you are right. Prayers for all those impacted by that wave of tornadoes.
                      Hope Dega will be spared.
                      I did see the fines on Ambrose and Mears the other day but didn't post it.
                      I've seen so many fists flying in NASCAR over the years, at least it's not like hockey eh ? lol.
                      What's a few thousand dollars from millionaires lol. Hope the penalties go to charity.


                      Jawsie, Talladega and Daytona are considered Superspeedways.
                      These tracks are so fast that NASCAR enforces restrictors on the fuel and air intake of the Sprint cars.
                      That is why BFIPA referred to Talladega as a "restrictor plate" race. Stock cars were hitting speeds over 200 mph in the 80's so NASCAR implemented the restrictor plate rule for safety. Theoretically, this makes all the cars somewhat equal and the "W" is usually determined by a combination of driver skill, best performance in the pits, best strategy and adjustments by the crew chief. (And luck helps to stay out of the "Big One")


                      BFIPA, I've been to Daytona so many times I can't remember. Used to do the whole nine yards for Speedweek every February and July ! RV packed with buddies and kegs, infield parking, pit passes, go into Daytona every night. That was a long time ago lol. They raced stock cars with chrome bumpers lol.
                      After Bill France built Dega, I went there once. Went to Martinsville and Bristol once. Been to Phoenix and Vegas quite a few times. Would like to go to Darlington, Charlotte, Michigan, Indy, Texas and Dover one day. I might hit the lottery, who knows ?
                      All those road races where the drivers have to make right turns like Watkins Glen and Sonoma, meh, not so much lol !

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                      My favorite part of NASCAR is they are not afraid to televise Prayers and the National Anthem. NASCAR respects and honors our Military. NASCAR's Foundation supports non-profit charities and charitable causes that help children. In addition almost all the drivers are heavily involved in important charity work.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      Juan Pablo is back !

                      Juan Pablo Montoya picks up two Sprint Cup races

                      Juan Pablo Montoya will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014 for two races with Team Penske, the team announced Wednesday.

                      The 38-year-old Colombian will drive the No. 12 Ford Fusion in the June 15 race at Michigan International Speedway, and again July 27 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Greg Erwin will serve as crew chief, and SKF will sponsor the No. 12 car at Michigan.
                      http://sports.yahoo.com/news/juan-pa...5--nascar.html
                      Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 04-30-2014, 07:47 PM.

                      May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                      Comment


                      • AZ, I agree. That's my favorite part, too.

                        I've been to Dover many times. Richmond once. Pocono a couple of times.

                        I've also been to Sears Point. No race. Just wanted to be there. They did have some people learning how to drive race cars.
                        Administrator

                        Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                        Lupus Awareness Month

                        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                          .



                          Peanut, you are right. Prayers for all those impacted by that wave of tornadoes.
                          Hope Dega will be spared.
                          I did see the fines on Ambrose and Mears the other day but didn't post it.
                          I've seen so many fists flying in NASCAR over the years, at least it's not like hockey eh ? lol.
                          What's a few thousand dollars from millionaires lol. Hope the penalties go to charity.


                          Jawsie, Talladega and Daytona are considered Superspeedways.
                          These tracks are so fast that NASCAR enforces restrictors on the fuel and air intake of the Sprint cars.
                          That is why BFIPA referred to Talladega as a "restrictor plate" race. Stock cars were hitting speeds over 200 mph in the 80's so NASCAR implemented the restrictor plate rule for safety. Theoretically, this makes all the cars somewhat equal and the "W" is usually determined by a combination of driver skill, best performance in the pits, best strategy and adjustments by the crew chief. (And luck helps to stay out of the "Big One")


                          BFIPA, I've been to Daytona so many times I can't remember. Used to do the whole nine yards for Speedweek every February and July ! RV packed with buddies and kegs, infield parking, pit passes, go into Daytona every night. That was a long time ago lol. They raced stock cars with chrome bumpers lol.
                          After Bill France built Dega, I went there once. Went to Martinsville and Bristol once. Been to Phoenix and Vegas quite a few times. Would like to go to Darlington, Charlotte, Michigan, Indy, Texas and Dover one day. I might hit the lottery, who knows ?
                          All those road races where the drivers have to make right turns like Watkins Glen and Sonoma, meh, not so much lol !

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                          My favorite part of NASCAR is they are not afraid to televise Prayers and the National Anthem. NASCAR respects and honors our Military. NASCAR's Foundation supports non-profit charities and charitable causes that help children. In addition almost all the drivers are heavily involved in important charity work.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Juan Pablo is back !

                          Juan Pablo Montoya picks up two Sprint Cup races

                          Juan Pablo Montoya will return to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series in 2014 for two races with Team Penske, the team announced Wednesday.

                          The 38-year-old Colombian will drive the No. 12 Ford Fusion in the June 15 race at Michigan International Speedway, and again July 27 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Greg Erwin will serve as crew chief, and SKF will sponsor the No. 12 car at Michigan.
                          http://sports.yahoo.com/news/juan-pa...5--nascar.html
                          You must be a mindreader AZ
                          My next move was to google "restrictor plate", but you saved me the effort
                          I caught a glimpse of some previous races on Nascar Now this morning. Looks ever so exciting!

                          Comment


                          • JR is starting 31st??? How long til he gets to the front???

                            Comment


                            • Woot. I don't have to wait long to see my highlights of this race. On at 8.30 a.m tomorrow morning!

                              Comment


                              • Well peeps it's almost time, so buckle up & pull those belts tight because the thrill ride is about to begin & although this race is always crazy anyway, i predict it will be wilder than ever before due to this points setup.

                                The big one is lurking & i hope i'm wrong on this, but i think we could see a wreck of epic proportions & perhaps see as many as 25-30 cars in one crash or a serious of a couple wrecks.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X