X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I know a lot of people take a break in the off season. I haven't looked at any start dates or anything. I read some of the drivers' Twitter accounts and there's more racing talk. Some, like Larson and Bell race all year (New Zealand).Hope it warms up for them (and the fans).

Besides the local track, what are you looking forward to? I know there's been some changes at Stewart Racing.
    Well i am curious to see if martin truex will have a smooth transition to gibbs or will it take some time?

Also i would like to see if almirola can improve on last season which was a career best for him but yet in a way i feel he & the 10 team may also feel they left a few wins out there, so we shall see how it all plays out.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I'm still here peanut, just not posting much in the off season but i'm ready for some racing....next weekend is the start with i believe they call it "the clash" now?

anyhow, i am really excited for the local track but that isn't until may
    I know a lot of people take a break in the off season. I haven't looked at any start dates or anything. I read some of the drivers' Twitter accounts and there's more racing talk. Some, like Larson and Bell race all year (New Zealand).Hope it warms up for them (and the fans).

Besides the local track, what are you looking forward to? I know there's been some changes at Stewart Racing.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    I think it's almost time for racing to start. I hope I won't be talking to myself.
    I'm still here peanut, just not posting much in the off season but i'm ready for some racing....next weekend is the start with i believe they call it "the clash" now?

anyhow, i am really excited for the local track but that isn't until may

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I think it's almost time for racing to start. I hope I won't be talking to myself.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    That's rough. Been there and it's one of the saddest things my wife and I ever had to deal with. No matter my thoughts on the guy as a driver, my heart goes out to him as a person right now.
    I'm sorry for your loss, Frey. It's a hard thing to go through.

RIP J.D.

Thoughts and prayers to the family.

Joe Gibbs Racing announced late Friday night that J.D. Gibbs had died from a “degenerative neurological disease.” He was 49.

Gibbs, the son of team namesake Joe Gibbs, was the co-founder of JGR. He held management roles with the team throughout its existence. The team said in 2015 that Gibbs was having brain issues but had not figured out their cause.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.
    That's rough. Been there and it's one of the saddest things my wife and I ever had to deal with. No matter my thoughts on the guy as a driver, my heart goes out to him as a person right now.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.
    That is heartbreaking.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Really wanted truex to win it. Still shows how far Brian France has run the sport into the ground, a powerhouse like frr couldn't get a sponsor

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    I think I'm content with sliced bread getting his first championship. I'd have rather have seen Furniture Row go out on top, but I can live with Joey.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Happy for Moffitt winning the Truck championship. I like it when underdogs win. Hope the team and Moffitt can continue next year.

I wanted Bell in Xfinity. Not totally unhappy that Reddick won, though. Apparently, he was the underdog in that series. Kind of odd since he drives for Jr.

PA, I think you know how I feel about Joey. If Kyle couldn't win, I was pulling for Truex (more for Furniture Row Racing, since it was their last race).

Logano is one of those drivers that I like at times and dislike at other times. Nice that it was his first championship and he won for Penske.

Someone said that this was the results under the classic points system:

1) @KyleBusch 1434 pts
    2) @KevinHarvick -48
    3) @MartinTruex_Jr -170
    4) @joeylogano -187
    5) @KurtBusch -218
    6) @keselowski -282
    7) @KyleLarsonRacin -328
    8) @chaseelliott -332
    9) @ClintBowyer -358
    10) @Blaney -368

David Light:

Usually I relied on Jayski, but he stopped doing them after 2016. I did the same thing last year to keep track. After each race, Jayski posts race results that show how many points each driver earned. Take total points from race before Playoffs and keep a running total.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    I'm out of the loop, just heard about the Silver Fox. RIP indeed. He was great for the sport and all those around him.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    RIP David Pearson

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Yeah no surprise with the big 3 although it was dicey for harvick & of course i knew you were for kyle :thumb:

That was some race yesterday, filled with drama & i bet a lot of nervous people...hell i was nervous for harvick after he had the flat, but i always said that would be the only way he didn't make the final four was some sort of problem.

tough break for kurt to end that way because he had a strong car & also how bout almirola? didn't expect him to challenge & threaten that much...bright future for that 10 team
    The flat happened so early in the race, I figured he would be okay (as long as there wasn't significant damage to the car). They did good by not panicking. It wasn't a must win for them.

Too bad for Kurt and the #9. Almirola has done really well. Last year, the 10 was like a mid-20's team.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    3 out of 4 for both of us. Joey messed us up.

I'm going with Kyle. Surprised?
    Yeah no surprise with the big 3 although it was dicey for harvick & of course i knew you were for kyle :thumb:

That was some race yesterday, filled with drama & i bet a lot of nervous people...hell i was nervous for harvick after he had the flat, but i always said that would be the only way he didn't make the final four was some sort of problem.

tough break for kurt to end that way because he had a strong car & also how bout almirola? didn't expect him to challenge & threaten that much...bright future for that 10 team

Leave a comment:

Working...
X