NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    Brickyard 400. That was the worst 'racing' I have ever seen.

6 competition cautions?

What a joke.
    You're right on the money here.

I haven't seen many races as of late, but I was able to catch part of this one and got fed up with it.
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• 11 cautions, of which 9 maybe 10 were competition yellows.
      Pathetic showing from goodyear, and no matter how NASCAR want to spin it, there was no excuse for it.

NASCAR should have left the last 50 laps up to the teams, by this time they knew exactly what was going to happen, and it would have made the teams and drivers decide how badly they wanted to risk everything.
      All race the waffled on about indy being the place you risk it all to win, and what we got was 10 short sprint races of which only 1 mattered, which amounted to 8 laps of racing.
      if indycars can run flat out at 220mph with huge cornering forces and downforce putting stupid amounts of presure on a tyre for 40 laps, I fail to see why Goodyear cant bring a tyre that will last 15 laps, especially as this happens every year.
      "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
      Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
        11 cautions, of which 9 maybe 10 were competition yellows.
        Pathetic showing from goodyear, and no matter how NASCAR want to spin it, there was no excuse for it.

NASCAR should have left the last 50 laps up to the teams, by this time they knew exactly what was going to happen, and it would have made the teams and drivers decide how badly they wanted to risk everything.
        All race the waffled on about indy being the place you risk it all to win, and what we got was 10 short sprint races of which only 1 mattered, which amounted to 8 laps of racing.
        if indycars can run flat out at 220mph with huge cornering forces and downforce putting stupid amounts of presure on a tyre for 40 laps, I fail to see why Goodyear cant bring a tyre that will last 15 laps, especially as this happens every year.
        That's what I couldn't understand. So what if the track eventually 'rubbers up'. Fact is, they have trouble with the tires. They knew the COT was harsh on right sides. It doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Longest consecutive green flag laps---12?

I felt sorry for the people who paid all that money to watch such a pitiful 'race'. I would be yelling for a refund (wouldn't get it, but I would feel better ).
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• NASCAR is very lucky that no one got hurt in a serious accident do to the tires.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            NASCAR is very lucky that no one got hurt in a serious accident do to the tires.
            Nascar is lucky no one got hurt due to the fans being upset. I suppose the only plus was at least pleanty of chances for toilet and beer breaks.
            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
              Nascar is lucky no one got hurt due to the fans being upset. I suppose the only plus was at least pleanty of chances for toilet and beer breaks.
              Well, Hamlin had a beer can in his grill. Someone got mad.
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Well, NASCAR finally did it. Let the cars run in the rain on a road course (NW). Props to them for that. But, I think they should let the teams be 'big boys' and let them decide when to change to rain tires and when to change back to slicks instead of calling competition cautions. As it turned out, they never went back to slicks. And, I thought it was funny that the rain tires were 7 years old.

EDIT: I thought this was funny:

Carl Edwards
                Last edited by Peanut; 08-04-2008, 08:40 AM.
                Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• I hope Edwards gets a "Swiffer" deal out of this.

sigpic

Comment

Well, NASCAR finally did it. Let the cars run in the rain on a road course (NW). Props to them for that. But, I think they should let the teams be 'big boys' and let them decide when to change to rain tires and when to change back to slicks instead of calling competition cautions. As it turned out, they never went back to slicks. And, I thought it was funny that the rain tires were 7 years old.

EDIT: I thought this was funny:

Carl Edwards

That was really funny BFMD !!!

I'm not positive, but I think that all vehicles in competition must have the exact same tire.

So when the officials call for a change of rubber, everyone has to do it.

For example, if NASCAR had decided to go with the Pocono tires at Indy if some of the teams ran out of Indy tires, they would throw a yelow and all teams would have had to switch to the Pocono tire.

Same goes with the rain tire.
                    All teams should have to switch at the same time so that competition is equal.

It was cool to see some rooster tails at the Nation Wide in Cananadada !

btw, I stayed awake through the whole Pocono race !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                      That was really funny BFMD !!!

I'm not positive, but I think that all vehicles in competition must have the exact same tire.

So when the officials call for a change of rubber, everyone has to do it.

For example, if NASCAR had decided to go with the Pocono tires at Indy if some of the teams ran out of Indy tires, they would throw a yelow and all teams would have had to switch to the Pocono tire.

Same goes with the rain tire.
                      All teams should have to switch at the same time so that competition is equal.

It was cool to see some rooster tails at the Nation Wide in Cananadada !

btw, I stayed awake through the whole Pocono race !

I think you're right about the tires. I can understand with the situation at Indy, but I disagree with them doing it on road courses. It's part of racing.

I think it was Ambrose's CC who was upset. He said that NASCAR told the teams at the drivers' meeting that they would leave it up to the teams to make the decision when to go back to slicks. He said it messed up their game plan. Not that it mattered, since they never went back to slicks and Ambrose took himself out by speeding on pit road.

I'm proud of you for staying awake through Pocono!

If it rains at Watkins Glen, think they'll let the big boys race in the rain?

I love road courses!
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

I think you're right about the tires. I can understand with the situation at Indy, but I disagree with them doing it on road courses. It's part of racing.

I think it was Ambrose's CC who was upset. He said that NASCAR told the teams at the drivers' meeting that they would leave it up to the teams to make the decision when to go back to slicks. He said it messed up their game plan. Not that it mattered, since they never went back to slicks and Ambrose took himself out by speeding on pit road.

I'm proud of you for staying awake through Pocono!

If it rains at Watkins Glen, think they'll let the big boys race in the rain?

I love road courses!
                        I have to agree with you 100%, the best drivers in the world have proven themselves in wet races by driving on rain tyres on a dry track as long as possible and by driving on a wet track in dry tyres longer than others.

Nascar wont race in the rain at watkins glen sadly. I believe Montreal was used as a tester for the future.
                        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• I don't know if I would want NASCAR to race in the rain, sure it could be entertaining. My major concern would be the safty of the drivers. I know that they race in F1 racing, but there are lot of difference betwen the two cars. Can you imagine what could go wrong when a race has "The Big One" on a rain soaked track.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I would want NASCAR to race in the rain, sure it could be entertaining. My major concern would be the safty of the drivers. I know that they race in F1 racing, but there are lot of difference betwen the two cars. Can you imagine what could go wrong when a race has "The Big One" on a rain soaked track.
                            SS, they were going so slow Saturday, no one would have gotten hurt.

And, I think that there's more protection in a stockcar than in an open-wheeler. Could be wrong. Just my opinion.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

I don't know if I would want NASCAR to race in the rain, sure it could be entertaining. My major concern would be the safty of the drivers. I know that they race in F1 racing, but there are lot of difference betwen the two cars. Can you imagine what could go wrong when a race has "The Big One" on a rain soaked track.
                              While in a way I agree with you as safety is important. The fact is, Nascars are now so safe there is little to worry about. The biggest problem facing the car is the size of the tyres in relation to the size of the car. They are tiny. Which in turn means they would not clear the water from the track, and also struggle to give any grip at all, but then on the other side, that means they will be going slowly anyway and would challenge the drivers to drive to their full ability. I constantly hear how Jimmie Johnson is supposed to be one of the best drivers in the world, and how nascar drivers are at the top level of motorsport for talent. And while I wont argue these guys are good, I think myself and the rest of the world, still struggle to accept them as "top level" when the series they race for refuse to run in the rain. Ovals are fine, too dangerous regardless, but road courses, no excuse.
                              It's difficult to compair these to F1 cars as far as rain is concerned, by design F1 tyres are there to do one thing, and that is clear the water from the track, I dont remember the exact number, but a single tyre can clear quite a few gallons of water per minute. So 4 of them can create a dry line fairly quickly in all but the heaviest of rain. However in contrast to a nascar which is big and heavy, the design of an F1 car means it needs to drive fast to have any grip, which in rain is difficult, and results in the car aquaplaning for most of the lap. Which is a huge safety risk in itself, also no windscreen wipers and no vision.
                              Hopefully NASCAR will head towards rain races in the future, and Goodyear can provide a tyre that is capable of safely being used. If they cant, Bridgestone/Firestone can, Michelin can and I know Avon can maybe it would be time for nascar to consider letting goodyear go after the incidents of this year.
                              Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_IfM5X7QIU

cool video from a few years ago, Gordon does really well to be honest.
                                Ayrton Senna..

Comment

Working...
                                X