NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    JR is starting 31st??? How long til he gets to the front???
    Quals seemed like a bunch of children at their first day of kindergarden.
    No one knew what to do, confusion was rampant.
    31st is no big deal at Dega, Kyle Bush is starting in the back too.
    They will both find their way up front if they don't wreck.

Originally posted by Jaws View Post
    Woot. I don't have to wait long to see my highlights of this race. On at 8.30 a.m tomorrow morning!
    Good for you Jaws !!!
    If the NWS race was any clue, this Sprint race at Dega should be a wild one.
    Here's to a fun and safe race !!!

Edit: I agree with you BFIPA !!!
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 05-04-2014, 09:58 AM. Reason: BFIPA posted while I was typing my post lol.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• JR up to fourth already.

Can someone tell me how this free pass business works?

Comment

• Happy time Hamlin!

Comment

• Well i didn't care for Kesolowski to start with & now...i hope to god somebody puts that loudmouth punk in his place for his actions of taking out a bunch of cars when he was 6 laps down.

I have no problem with somebody up there racing to get a lap back to try to get back in it, but him being 6 laps down...he had NO BUSINESS up there!!

He is such a tool & could learn alot from the veterans of the sport, I gurantee you would never see guys like Gordon, Johnson, Stewart, Kenseth etc. etc. up there mixing it up being that amount of laps down, they would have respect for others & ride in the back!!!

Ironically he took 3 of those guys out ha ha! what a loser!
          Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 05-04-2014, 02:11 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

• Right from the first race I watched I couldn't warm to Keselowski for some reason.
            I can see now that my aversion to him is well founded!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaws View Post
              JR up to fourth already.

Can someone tell me how this free pass business works?
              A few years ago, drivers were allowed to race back to the line when a caution was out. They could get a lap back doing that. Accidents happened, they deemed it too dangerous so they ruled that there would be no racing back to the line any more. Instead, they put in the free pass. The driver who is the first one a lap down gets to go around the pace car and get their lap back. If there are no one lap downers, then the first driver that is 2 laps down gets one lap back (and so on).

If I confused you, I'm sure someone will be along to clean up my mess.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I'm not done venting yet...

Ok, Tony wasn't up front yet again all race due to overheating problems which leads me to my anger.

So the 14 had overheating issues, we also heard the 4 of harvick talk of overheating or running hot & then we saw water blowing out of Danica's car on a pit stop & i'm not sure, but i thought i also heard the 41 of Kurt Busch talk of running hot as did the 51 of justin algaier...all hendrik motors & of course ALL of stewarat-haas cars.

Funny thing though...did we ever hear about Earnhart, Johnson, Kahne or Gordon's car running hot? NO!! something stinks here & i think Hendrick gave everyone but his own team some bum motors!

And it would make sense considering they (mainly Harvick) have been beating them on track week in, week out.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  I'm not done venting yet...

Ok, Tony wasn't up front yet again all race due to overheating problems which leads me to my anger.

So the 14 had overheating issues, we also heard the 4 of harvick talk of overheating or running hot & then we saw water blowing out of Danica's car on a pit stop & i'm not sure, but i thought i also heard the 41 of Kurt Busch talk of running hot as did the 51 of justin algaier...all hendrik motors & of course ALL of stewarat-haas cars.

Funny thing though...did we ever hear about Earnhart, Johnson, Kahne or Gordon's car running hot? NO!! something stinks here & i think Hendrick gave everyone but his own team some bum motors!

And it would make sense considering they (mainly Harvick) have been beating them on track week in, week out.
                  I think its just a a fluke thing but I wouldn't put it past Hendrick. It was an ok race I thought. The most exciting part was the crowd turnout, it looked like the early 2000s again
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    I'm not done venting yet...

You can vent. I'm a good listener. You all have put up with mine.

I would hate to think that someone would be that low to do something like that. Hendrick has pride and a rep to uphold. Other cars were blowing steam, too. I don't know if they were Hendrick engines or not. Some used too much tape and running in a pack like they do will over-heat the engines.

Tony tends to run in the back at plate races. Odd that he would over-heat back there.

Anyway, you can vent. Tony hasn't had the year you/we thought he would have.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Thanks Peanut for the "Free Pass" explanation.
                      There's a lot of good Teachers in this thread.

Hope I get good grades at the end of the season

Comment

• * @ Kyle Larson's Tweet:*

" 5 a.m alarm to go practice turning right. I like turning right."

https://twitter.com/KyleLarsonRacin/...37241595150336

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                          I think its just a a fluke thing but I wouldn't put it past Hendrick. It was an ok race I thought. The most exciting part was the crowd turnout, it looked like the early 2000s again
                          Yes i noticed that as well, it was a nice sight to see the stands nearly full because attendance has been down for quite a few years.
                          Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          You can vent. I'm a good listener. You all have put up with mine.

I would hate to think that someone would be that low to do something like that. Hendrick has pride and a rep to uphold. Other cars were blowing steam, too. I don't know if they were Hendrick engines or not. Some used too much tape and running in a pack like they do will over-heat the engines.

Tony tends to run in the back at plate races. Odd that he would over-heat back there.

Anyway, you can vent. Tony hasn't had the year you/we thought he would have.
                          Yeah he has been doing that in recent years but he never used to run in the back unless he got shuffled back, he used to race up front alot at Daytona & Dega but now he just rides & it never pays off.

And yeah i don't get how he could be running hot when he was in the very back the whole time, it doesn't make any sense. Also if memory serves me right, i seem to recall him having the exact same issue at Talladega last year & ending up laps down.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Dega reflections:

I can't stand Kyle Busch, but the M&M Pretzel car looked awesome (I think they stole my idea from Nascar '14)
                            Austin Dillion needs to get it together, I love seeing the #3 back on the track and loved the Bass Pro look, but he is not living up to the expectations. No excuses he has all the resources to be great.
                            What is up Keslowski? I used to like this guy, but this year he is really disappointing. And Trevor Bayne, you can drag the brake pedal to prevent a wreck!
                            Jr. too conservative, the strategy of laying back at a restrictor plate race never pays off, especially late in the race. The best place to be at restrictor plate tracks is leading the pack, which he was!!
                            I think the Jimmy has lost his horseshoe.
                            I like Denny, just wish Gibbs would have stuck with Chevy. Toyota in Nascar, ugghh.
                            sigpic
                            What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

• At least the Goodyears didn't explode this time!!
                              sigpic
                              What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

• Originally posted by redneckrocker View Post
                                Dega reflections:

I can't stand Kyle Busch, but the M&M Pretzel car looked awesome (I think they stole my idea from Nascar '14)
                                Austin Dillion needs to get it together, I love seeing the #3 back on the track and loved the Bass Pro look, but he is not living up to the expectations. No excuses he has all the resources to be great.
                                What is up Keslowski? I used to like this guy, but this year he is really disappointing. And Trevor Bayne, you can drag the brake pedal to prevent a wreck!
                                Jr. too conservative, the strategy of laying back at a restrictor plate race never pays off, especially late in the race. The best place to be at restrictor plate tracks is leading the pack, which he was!!
                                I think the Jimmy has lost his horseshoe.
                                I like Denny, just wish Gibbs would have stuck with Chevy. Toyota in Nascar, ugghh.
                                We should have some good conversations, because I like Kyle and I like Toyota (in NASCAR). I don't like M&M pretzels, though. The pretzels ruin the chocolate.

I understand the reasoning behind hanging in the back. Jr did avoid some crashes by doing that. I don't really like it.

I hid Jimmie's horseshoe.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
                                X