NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I break this thread?

Congrats to Gordon. I'm glad he won and not someone else.

Props to Patrick. I'm more impressed with her run tonight than what she's done at the restrictor plate races.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• My boy gets it done!!!
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• He deserved that one

Comment

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          My boy gets it done!!!
          Good to see you posting !
          Hope you are doing well Southie !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Not a big Gordon fan, but always like to see the bow tie in victory lane. Kansas is the closest Sprint Cup track to me, so always have my attention on the results.

Jr. got another top 5, Chase here we come!

Going to this race (especially now that it's under the lights) is on the bucket list.
            sigpic
            What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Comment

• It was a pretty good race. The best part was when the backstretch lights went out, it was kind of cool racing like that. Obviously if it had been in the turns they would have red flagged the race till they were fixed but being on the backstretch in a straight line, no harm, just some cool action lol. Glad to see Jeff win, now the media will shut up about it lol. Can't wait to hear about how Jimmie hasn't won till he does.
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                My boy gets it done!!!
                Thought the 48 was your guy?
                sigpic

Comment

• So now we have 9 winners & still 15 races to go, so there is a real possibility of more than 16 & still alot of big names winless so we shall see what happens.

However Kurt Busch better start to pick it up because he is not far from falling out of the top 30 which would mean he is not eligible to make it with his win.

What a run for Danica, she ran up front all race & there was nothing fluke about it but then again isn't it about time?

Tony...that's a different story, he was strong in the first half but finished terrible again at 20th 1 lap down yet again & i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record, but something has got to change or else he should just give it up because he can't continue on like this.

Overall at this point i have 3 favorites for the cup...Gordon, Harvick & Logano. They have been the strongest & most consistent teams thus far.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    So now we have 9 winners & still 15 races to go, so there is a real possibility of more than 16 & still alot of big names winless so we shall see what happens.

However Kurt Busch better start to pick it up because he is not far from falling out of the top 30 which would mean he is not eligible to make it with his win.

What a run for Danica, she ran up front all race & there was nothing fluke about it but then again isn't it about time?

Tony...that's a different story, he was strong in the first half but finished terrible again at 20th 1 lap down yet again & i know i'm starting to sound like a broken record, but something has got to change or else he should just give it up because he can't continue on like this.

Overall at this point i have 3 favorites for the cup...Gordon, Harvick & Logano. They have been the strongest & most consistent teams thus far.
                    Tony should have never fired Grubb. I think they didn't get along but maybe thats a good thing, Jimmie and Chad fight all the time and dominate every season
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Good to see you posting !
                      Hope you are doing well Southie !!!
                      Doing well. I got my machine yesterday.
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

Comment

• So how does everyone see Kurt fairing doing the double this weekend?

I think he may do well at Indy but will struggle in the 600 due to exhaustion especially if it's hot, that is just such a long grueling day to try to run both races.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          So how does everyone see Kurt fairing doing the double this weekend?

I think he may do well at Indy but will struggle in the 600 due to exhaustion especially if it's hot, that is just such a long grueling day to try to run both races.
                          I think he will do fine and I wish him well.
                          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
                            I think he will do fine and I wish him well.
                            I would be impressed if he could do half as good as tony did back in 2001 when he finished 6th in the 500 & then came home 3rd in the 600, which thinking about it now would seem unrealistic to expect that type of performance from anybody.

But i do also wish him the best of luck & hope he can at least complete both races.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't know if any of you saw Sprint practice or the quals for the Charlotte 600.

The 88 had some "Superman" logos on it. Jr said it was a tribute to the National Guard for Memorial Day weekend.

There should be more to come because, evidently, DC and HMS have hooked up some kind of deal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...172356551.html

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I don't know if any of you saw Sprint practice or the quals for the Charlotte 600.

The 88 had some "Superman" logos on it. Jr said it was a tribute to the National Guard for Memorial Day weekend.

There should be more to come because, evidently, DC and HMS have hooked up some kind of deal:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...172356551.html
                                Yo AZ, I saw qualifying & noticed the 88 car & it looked pretty cool, also alot of cool patriotic paint schemes in honor of memorial day.

One other thing...how about danica qualifying 4th for the 600? She really has got something figured out of late ever since harvick sat down with her & i would expect her to have another good run. Perhaps harv should sit down with smoke?

P.S. On a side note...We are headed out to a local track sat. night (Jennerstown Speedway for those interested) for some short track action & they too are honoring our service with military appreciation night, very cool weekend.

Enjoy all the racing this weekend everyone, sunday marks racing's longest day & hats off to all serving our country. :clap:
                                Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 05-23-2014, 08:48 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X