No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can never understand all the hatred towards Gordon.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_IfM5X7QIU

cool video from a few years ago, Gordon does really well to be honest.
      I remember that. Gordon's pretty good on road courses.

Well, saw the following today. Not surprised.

No rain tires for Cup, but maybe NNS: As of Wednesday, forecasters were saying that there was a 50% chance of rain for Saturday’s Nationwide Series race at Watkins Glen and a 40% chance for Sunday’s Sprint Cup race. Could more history be written this weekend? Not in the Sprint Cup series. NASCAR officials have torpedoed the chances for that. NASCAR vice president Jim Hunter on Wednesday laid out the guidelines for racing on wet pavement. “We’ll likely continue to use rain tires in Nationwide Series road course races, but not in Sprint Cup,” Hunter said. “We have the flexibility to reschedule postponed Cup races to Monday, or even Tuesday, something we can’t do with our other national series.”(Kansas City Star)(8-7-2008)
      Administrator
      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• the driver of the 00 needs his license tearing up, and banning from motorsport.
        I've never seen such a blatant case of driving someone off the track in my life (and thats coming from and schumacher fan) And not only that but it was in a place that could have killed mechanics in the pit lane. Let alone the guys in the cars.
        "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
        Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• Totally agree. Even if the #38 and #00 had 'issues' for a few turns before that. They were 'invited' to the trailer.

Hope Labonte is okay. He's my husband's favorite driver.
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• if the both of them were fighting before, they both need removing from nascar.
            "On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high."
            Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• I did not see the race or the incident, so I can't make a comment, but if it is a bad as you all say it is, I would have to agree.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by y2cragie View Post
                if the both of them were fighting before, they both need removing from nascar.
                NASCAR officials will comb all the tapes, interview all the principals involved and announce any fines, sanctions, penalties, and suspensions deemed necessary, usually in a very timely manner, and usually prior to the next cup race.

NASCAR is very safety conscious and enforces a zero tolerance policy for driver and crew infractions.

NASCAR will take into consideration the events leading up to an incident. The old saying in the NFL is the last guy that retaliates gets the yellow flag. Not necessarily so in NASCAR.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• I hope so mate.
                  Mid corner with half the pack behind you is not the place to settle problems.
                  Either wait till your alone on track and with pleanty of room or just finish the race and drop the gloves there*

*remember not to punch the guy till he's taken off his helmet, cant count the number of times I've seen racing drivers punch someone with a helmet on and end up breaking their hand.
                  Ayrton Senna..

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                    Well, NASCAR finally did it. Let the cars run in the rain on a road course (NW). Props to them for that. But, I think they should let the teams be 'big boys' and let them decide when to change to rain tires and when to change back to slicks instead of calling competition cautions. As it turned out, they never went back to slicks. And, I thought it was funny that the rain tires were 7 years old.

EDIT: I thought this was funny:

Carl Edwards

I was so into the Olympics, that I didn't watch but just a small portion of the race. I don't really care for the track at Watkins Glen. Seems like more Indy racing to me in a stock car. But I guess that's the whole idea?

:usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Racing Hard

After the race NASCAR summoned both Gilliland and McDowell to the series hauler, where the two drivers watched a replay of the accident. "He said he didn't really realize I was on the outside of him, and just kind of came up and put us in the wall," said Gilliland, who added that he was sore but otherwise OK. "It was a disappointing ending to a decent day we had going."

McDowell's take: "Him and I were racing hard, and I got underneath him going in there. He pretty much came down like I wasn't there. I tried to back out of it not to get into him, but he went wide, so I kept the momentum up. It almost seemed like he tried to come back at me for getting a little bit wide, but after watching it, it looked like it was a racing deal, and it wasn't anything blatant. It just turned into a big mess with all the other cars that got caught up into it. I'm just glad that David's all right, and everybody could walk away."

The post-race meeting was evidently a precaution, NASCAR's way of making sure the two drivers didn't take any sort of beef to Michigan next week. They won't.

"We raced around each other all day, and never touched each other, never nothing," Gilliland said. "Just one of those deals. Everybody, I think, gets a little impatient there at the end of a race, and it's just a shame it had to happen."
                      http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...theglen/1.html

In Related News…. :

Mike Swap

Michael McDowell is temporarily out of the No. 00 and Mike Skinner is in for the next three races to try and get the car inside the top 35 of owner points.

Hmmmm…..

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...gan/index.html

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                        Racing Hard

After the race NASCAR summoned both Gilliland and McDowell to the series hauler, where the two drivers watched a replay of the accident. "He said he didn't really realize I was on the outside of him, and just kind of came up and put us in the wall," said Gilliland, who added that he was sore but otherwise OK. "It was a disappointing ending to a decent day we had going."

McDowell's take: "Him and I were racing hard, and I got underneath him going in there. He pretty much came down like I wasn't there. I tried to back out of it not to get into him, but he went wide, so I kept the momentum up. It almost seemed like he tried to come back at me for getting a little bit wide, but after watching it, it looked like it was a racing deal, and it wasn't anything blatant. It just turned into a big mess with all the other cars that got caught up into it. I'm just glad that David's all right, and everybody could walk away."

The post-race meeting was evidently a precaution, NASCAR's way of making sure the two drivers didn't take any sort of beef to Michigan next week. They won't.

"We raced around each other all day, and never touched each other, never nothing," Gilliland said. "Just one of those deals. Everybody, I think, gets a little impatient there at the end of a race, and it's just a shame it had to happen."
                        http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...theglen/1.html

In Related News…. :

Mike Swap

Michael McDowell is temporarily out of the No. 00 and Mike Skinner is in for the next three races to try and get the car inside the top 35 of owner points.

Hmmmm…..

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/head...gan/index.html

It'll be nice if he can help the #00 like he seemed to have helped the #84.

And, it's just a coincidence, right?
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Skinner wins!!!

Against a Roush truck.

Off to Dover tomorrow to watch the big boys race.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• I wish Gordon would get it into gear, and start winning again. My other two hopes to take the Cup are Johnson and Edwards.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              I wish Gordon would get it into gear, and start winning again. My other two hopes to take the Cup are Johnson and Edwards.
                              I agree, Gordon needs to win a few.

I don't really care who wins the championship, as long as it's not a Roush driver. Sorry, not a fan of Roush (they need to dyno his engines after the 1-2-3 finish).
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• What do you have against Rouch/Fenway?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X