Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • well that was a fun start to the season..a near fight in a non points pre-season event...i predict a record amount of fights & confrontations this year.

    i think we are in store for a hell of a ride this year!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • .



      Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      well that was a fun start to the season..a near fight in a non points pre-season event...i predict a record amount of fights & confrontations this year.

      i think we are in store for a hell of a ride this year!
      Lots of fun. Your Tony had a good showing, you should be smiling.

      Less horsepower this year to help the Toyos lol.
      Big Carl looks funny in one. His car was leaning left and sparking up the track lol.
      Those spoilers sure looked skimpy; bet the air is way different this year again.
      They will learn the new air as they go.

      Yeppers PA, I'm excited too. This is going to get us through to the next Bronco season !
      Right now is the Front Row Quals.
      I'm going to have to get home from work this Thursday in time to watch the Duels !!!

      May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

      Comment


      • Knockout qualifying for the Daytona 500 is stupid. A bunch of cars got wrecked, qualifying for a qualifying race. Knockout qualifying doesn't work for plate tracks, yet they brought it to the 500 even though the old format worked fine.
        sigpic

        2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

        Comment


        • .



          Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          Knockout qualifying for the Daytona 500 is stupid. A bunch of cars got wrecked, qualifying for a qualifying race. Knockout qualifying doesn't work for plate tracks, yet they brought it to the 500 even though the old format worked fine.
          Roger that !
          Quals were a ridiculous circus lol !

          May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

          Comment


          • Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
            Knockout qualifying for the Daytona 500 is stupid. A bunch of cars got wrecked, qualifying for a qualifying race. Knockout qualifying doesn't work for plate tracks, yet they brought it to the 500 even though the old format worked fine.
            Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
            .



            Roger that !
            Quals were a ridiculous circus lol !
            It's the same format that they used at 'Dega last year, except shortened qual times.

            It worked so well then I can see why they brought it to Daytona.

            Yes, I'm being sarcastic.
            Administrator
            sigpic

            #LupusAwareness

            #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

            Comment


            • yeah it's a bad format for daytona & talladega. not sure if they will change anything or not but it just looks so stupid but here's a thought...

              just do away with qualifying on the plate tracks, because in all honesty we all know starting position is absolutely meaningless in those races. just do a random draw & save everyone the grief.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • .



                Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                yeah it's a bad format for daytona & talladega. not sure if they will change anything or not but it just looks so stupid but here's a thought...

                just do away with qualifying on the plate tracks, because in all honesty we all know starting position is absolutely meaningless in those races. just do a random draw & save everyone the grief.
                NASCAR fixes Daytona group qualifying rules
                http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/...alifying-rules

                "Fixes" ?
                I like your idea better PA !

                May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                  .





                  NASCAR fixes Daytona group qualifying rules
                  http://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015/...alifying-rules

                  "Fixes" ?
                  I like your idea better PA !
                  Though still stupid, that sounds slightly better than what it was...2:30 is not much time & won't allow for any sitting around or else they won't even get a timed lap in.

                  Obviously nobody likes it including the drivers, so i wonder what nascar would do if they all just sat there til the clock expired & nobody records a time ha ha!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • The duels were pretty good, I was happy to see David Ragan race in after giving his points to his new teammate it almost blew up in their face. Also I see Denny Hamlin still can't drive a plate track without wrecking half the field. Hopefully the 500 will be a competitive one and not follow the leader
                    sigpic

                    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                    Comment


                    • Reports: Kurt Busch suspended by NASCAR: #41-Kurt Busch has been suspended indefinitely, according to ESPN's Marty Smith and multiple reports. Earlier Friday it was ruled that Busch smashed his ex-girlfriend Patricia Driscoll's head against his motor home wall Sept. 26 at Dover International Speedway, according to the conclusions of a Kent County (Del.) family court commissioner who granted Driscoll's request for a protective order Monday. Busch was scheduled to race Sunday at Daytona International Speedway, where he was slated to start 24th in the Daytona 500, the sport's biggest event.(ESPN)
                      see more about the findings at ESPN: Court: Kurt Busch smashed ex's head and Delaware News Journal: Busch likely committed an act of abuse, judge says.(2-20-2015)

                      Wow don't know what to say, I bet lawyers get involved in this
                      sigpic

                      2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                      Comment


                      • Heard the news a little bit ago & was like wow!

                        I'll just say this...i would hope the truth comes out either way & i would hope he did not do what he is accused of but if kurt really did those things, then he deserves to be suspended but more importantly charged with whatever the law is for the crime because it's a serious situation.

                        There is absolutely no place for domestic abuse in any walk of life, this isn't about nascar or football (ray rice & others) but this is an issue across the board of life in general & needs dealt with swiftly.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • I don't like Kurt Busch. And, of course, I'm very much against domestic violence. But...

                          http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...says/23761315/

                          "A Kent County Family Court Commissioner said it is more likely than not that NASCAR's Kurt Busch committed an act of abuse last September."

                          Really?

                          "Busch's attorneys filed a motion Thursday to re-open the protection order hearing. They claim that multiple witnesses have come forward since the hearing's conclusion and provided information that contradicts versions of the events, and asked Jones to delay his opinion until ruling on his motion.

                          In a letter to attorneys, Jones did not discount that motion and wrote he decided to publish the opinion, as scheduled, because his reasoning may offer some clarity regarding the motion to reopen."

                          I'm not very confident in this Jones person.

                          If Busch did what he's accused of, yes, he deserves what he's getting and more. But, "he probably did it"?

                          Also, in the beginning, Driscoll said she went to a near by bus. I wonder if that person has said anything?
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

                          #LupusAwareness

                          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            I don't like Kurt Busch. And, of course, I'm very much against domestic violence. But...

                            http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...says/23761315/

                            "A Kent County Family Court Commissioner said it is more likely than not that NASCAR's Kurt Busch committed an act of abuse last September."

                            Really?

                            "Busch's attorneys filed a motion Thursday to re-open the protection order hearing. They claim that multiple witnesses have come forward since the hearing's conclusion and provided information that contradicts versions of the events, and asked Jones to delay his opinion until ruling on his motion.

                            In a letter to attorneys, Jones did not discount that motion and wrote he decided to publish the opinion, as scheduled, because his reasoning may offer some clarity regarding the motion to reopen."

                            I'm not very confident in this Jones person.

                            If Busch did what he's accused of, yes, he deserves what he's getting and more. But, "he probably did it"?

                            Also, in the beginning, Driscoll said she went to a near by bus. I wonder if that person has said anything?
                            I agree, i'm not a Kurt Busch fan, and domestic violence is seriously wrong, but just how the NFL dragged their feet with Ray Rice, I think Nascar has jumped the gun with Kurt Busch. He hasn't even been proven guilty yet, just a restraining order was issued. And he likely committed an act? Where is the proof? This suspension, if warranted, should have waited till after a guilty, or not guilty verdict was reached. Kurt's appeal is being heard today but he still won't race in the 500 if its lifted. Either way I see this getting ugly with him and Nascar
                            sigpic

                            2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                              I agree, i'm not a Kurt Busch fan, and domestic violence is seriously wrong, but just how the NFL dragged their feet with Ray Rice, I think Nascar has jumped the gun with Kurt Busch. He hasn't even been proven guilty yet, just a restraining order was issued. And he likely committed an act? Where is the proof? This suspension, if warranted, should have waited till after a guilty, or not guilty verdict was reached. Kurt's appeal is being heard today but he still won't race in the 500 if its lifted. Either way I see this getting ugly with him and Nascar
                              I agree. Two extremes.

                              They've taken all of Kurt's merchandize out of the official store.

                              Again, reputation is playing a big part in this. He's a "known hot head" so he must be guilty. Who has not lost their temper, ever? Even laid back "I'm so cool, I don't need to get mad" Johnson has had his moments. (Sorry Jimmie fans ).


                              Oh, and in your other comment about Hamlin and Patrick? I disagree.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

                              #LupusAwareness

                              #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                              Comment


                              • Hope Kyle is ok & doesn't have any significant injury, that was a very hard hit into a wall that doesn't have safer barriers.

                                Tough week on the busch brothers & we may not see either of them race in the 500.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X