NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Hope Kyle is ok & doesn't have any significant injury, that was a very hard hit into a wall that doesn't have safer barriers.

Tough week on the busch brothers & we may not see either of them race in the 500.
    It was just announced that Kyle is out for tomorrow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...232129942.html

Tweet from Kasey says it best:

Kasey Kahne
    All we do is wreck at Daytona and that massive wall has no safer barrier? Unbelievable! Hope Kyle is ok...
    6:45 PM - 21 Feb 2015
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      It was just announced that Kyle is out for tomorrow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...232129942.html

Tweet from Kasey says it best:

Kasey Kahne
      All we do is wreck at Daytona and that massive wall has no safer barrier? Unbelievable! Hope Kyle is ok...
      6:45 PM - 21 Feb 2015
      Sorry Peanut, that really sucks!

I know what it's like when your guy is out, hopefully it's not broke or too serious that he has to miss multiple races.

Get well soon kyle.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry Peanut, that really sucks!

I know what it's like when your guy is out, hopefully it's not broke or too serious that he has to miss multiple races.

Get well soon kyle.
        Thanks, PA. Yeah, you know exactly how it feels. A compound fracture in his right leg, as well as a fractured left foot. He's going to out for awhile.

I remember last year, NASCAR saying that they're not interested/not planning on adding more SAFER barriers at any of the tracks. It's like, you got what you got. I'm glad they changed their minds. A little too late for Kyle.

"In a Saturday evening press conference, Chitwood announced that Daytona would be setting up tire barriers on Saturday night to cover all non-SAFER-covered sections of track, and that DIS would be installing SAFER barriers on every inch of exposed wall.

NASCAR SVP Steve O'Donnell noted that the sanctioning body would be in touch with tracks, seeking to expedite the implementation of all available safety measures. "We will accelerate those [SAFER barrier] talks with the tracks," O'Donnell said. "We want this sport to be as safe as possible." "
        Administrator
        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I am so ready for today.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• I'm sorry but I just can't get behind a sport that ends under caution.
            sigpic

Comment

• I was really pulling for Jeff to win today. If not him, Dale Jr. would have been cool too.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
              Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
              Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
              Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
              I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                I'm sorry but I just can't get behind a sport that ends under caution.
                Well if that's how you really feel then perhaps you shouldn't watch because it was a safety issue.

Nascar had no choice because there were still cars behind the wreck & that is a major safety concern with cars wrecked & other cars barrelling down on them at 200MPH!

How would you feel if you was in one of those wrecked cars sitting there helpless & more cars are flying right for you at 200MPH?

Besides i didn't here a single complaint from a driver about the caution coming out...i seriously doubt the result would have changed anyway.
                sigpic

Comment

• Austin Dillon taking out Gordon like that? They need to retire that 3 car and never let anyone drive it again. Earnhardt would be displeased with taking out someone like that.

Reallllly?

Makes me upset that a race can finish like that. They didn't complete all 500 miles. Start calling it the Daytona 499.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                  Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                  Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                  Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                  I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                    Austin Dillon taking out Gordon like that? They need to retire that 3 car and never let anyone drive it again. Earnhardt would be displeased with taking out someone like that.

Reallllly?

Makes me upset that a race can finish like that. They didn't complete all 500 miles. Start calling it the Daytona 499.
                    My post above will apply to this as well.

And as far Gordon getting wrecked...that is part of restrictor plate racing, nobody wrecks somebody on purpose it's just the way it is at daytona & talladega
                    sigpic

Comment

• The 500 was just kind of meh this year. If you got out front, you were almost impossible to pass. Also Nascar and when they throw the caution flag, they do it today like they should but didn't in 2007 when Mark was leading.
                      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

My post above will apply to this as well.

And as far Gordon getting wrecked...that is part of restrictor plate racing, nobody wrecks somebody on purpose it's just the way it is at daytona & talladega
                        I didn't say I didn't get it. But just two laps prior they stopped the entire race to get cleaned up, set the field and go back to green flag. Why not do it again?

I completely understand safety. But I still don't like the race ending that way. It's the only sport that does that. To me it's like ending a football game because someone tore their ACL with 10 seconds left. I'm being a little dramatic but still.

And you don't have to worry about me watching. Those final 20 laps were the only laps I watched the entire race. And it was only because my nephew wanted to watch. That was my point. I will not watch a sport that ends this way. Safety or not. It was obvious a wreck would happen in the middle with people being desperate but none of them had a legit shot anyway.

So now Jr. and Harvick get screwed out of a last minute move because some idiot a second behind them screwed up.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
                          I didn't say I didn't get it. But just two laps prior they stopped the entire race to get cleaned up, set the field and go back to green flag. Why not do it again?

I completely understand safety. But I still don't like the race ending that way. It's the only sport that does that. To me it's like ending a football game because someone tore their ACL with 10 seconds left. I'm being a little dramatic but still.

And you don't have to worry about me watching. Those final 20 laps were the only laps I watched the entire race. And it was only because my nephew wanted to watch. That was my point. I will not watch a sport that ends this way. Safety or not. It was obvious a wreck would happen in the middle with people being desperate but none of them had a legit shot anyway.

So now Jr. and Harvick get screwed out of a last minute move because some idiot a second behind them screwed up.
                          Because that's not how it works, nascar gives up to 3 attempts at a green-white-checker finish to try avoiding a race ending this way but the rule is...once the leader crosses the finish line to start the final lap, the race will be official under green or caution.

Nobody likes a race to end this way but sometimes it's just how things work out.

Comparing Nascar to any other sport does not make much sense since it's unlike other sports, nascar has put rules in place to the best of it's ability to assure a race doesn't end under caution but things happen & if the last lap has started then that is it, end of story...you can't just keep trying over & over & over.

If it wasn't the final lap then they would have restarted it but it was, so the race is over.
                          Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 02-22-2015, 06:33 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Because that's not how it works, nascar gives up to 3 attempts at a green-white-checker finish to try avoiding a race ending this way but the rule is...once the leader crosses the finish line to start the final lap, the race will be official under green or caution.

Nobody likes a race to end this way but sometimes it's just how things work out.

Comparing Nascar to any other sport does not make much sense since it's unlike other sports, nascar has put rules in place to the best of it's ability to assure a race doesn't end under caution but things happen & if the last lap has started then that is it, end of story...you can't just keep trying over & over & over.

If it wasn't the final lap then they would have restarted it but it was, so the race is over.
                            I get all of that. I wasn't arguing to change the rules. I'm just saying that's why I can't get behind it. It's uninteresting to me to have that happen. And it happens a lot.

It completely took the wind out of the sails for what looked like was about to be a fantastic finish.
                            sigpic

Comment

• How in the heck can this happen? 13 cars don't get on track for qualifying

Nascar sure knows how to screw things up. :clap:

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup...ifying-atlanta

HAMPTON, Ga. -- Former Sprint Cup champions Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart and Matt Kenseth were among the 13 drivers who did not get a chance to post qualifying times Friday after their cars didn't get through inspection in time at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Daytona 500 winner Joey Logano captured the pole for Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Atlanta.
                              As several teams had problems in the tech area, reportedly in the rear camber area, and had to go through inspection a second time, NASCAR delayed the start of qualifying for 15 minutes. But that wasn't enough as the 15-minute first round was completed before 13 cars could get through and then make a qualifying lap.

Daytona 500 champion Joey Logano wound up winning the pole with Kevin Harvick second. Jamie McMurray was third with Denny Hamlin and Carl Edwards rounding out the top five.

With 36 spots available on speed and only 34 taking times, everyone who posted a first-round time got into the QuikTrip 500 on Sunday. The remaining nine spots were based on 2014 owner points. Michael Annett, Mike Wallace, Matt DiBenedetto and Reed Sorenson never took a lap and missed the race pending post-qualifying technical inspection.

"We were excited about qualifying today," said Gordon, who will start 35th. "I felt like we had a shot at being up front. This is just absolutely ridiculous."

It was not rare last year for a car or two not to get through inspection, but more than a dozen cars was virtually unheard of since NASCAR went to group qualifying last year. All the cars that didn't get through inspection before the end of the first round still had to go through inspection and be approved.

"They [at NASCAR] should have recognized they had an issue," Gordon said. "When you have this many teams that are having issues going through [inspection], there's something wrong. There's something wrong with their system or there's something wrong with the amount of time they allot to get through.

"There is no way this many good cars, talented people, that they can't figure out how to get these cars through inspection. Yeah, we're pushing limits, but there's something wrong here. I'm embarrassed for our series right now that this just happened."
                              sigpic

Comment

• Well i have had just about enough of this crap of stewart running so bad that he is running with the bottom 3rd of the field, it's disgusting!!

I thought things were going to be better this year but clearly he & the 14 team have picked up right where they left off the past 2 seasons & that is unacceptable to the fans of that team.

It's clear to me that 1 of 2 things is the problem...either tony's driving skills have just fallen off the face of the earth that he just can't get it done anymore, or option two...the crew chief is the problem!

And that is a problem within a problem because tony is close with him, they are like best buddies & thus he will not consider making a change no matter how poor the performance on the track is & that is making me very angry about the whole situation.

I'm not usually one to think this way but if things don't turn around soon & he continues to run between 20th & 30th much longer & won't make a change because of a friendship...i may stop supporting this garbage & quit watching!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X