NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Welcome back, Kyle. Now he needs to do that in Cup.

Poor Eric Jones. He needs to stop dominating races and just be there at the end. I'm glad they didn't stick a mic in his face. It's building character, right?

Poor kid is going to have a nervous breakdown.
    He was screaming in the radio.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    This has the potential & i say potential cautiously, to really alter the second half of the season.

Maybe we will have some new players to win races instead of harvick, truex, busch & johnson. but i will reserve judgement until we see how this plays out.

One thing for sure...this sure the heck can't hurt guys like gordon, stewart, biffle & bowyer.

Very interesting move by NASCAR mid-season.
    I like it PA.
    Drivers and owners have been saying this for some time.
    Down force has [been] way out of hand.
    Looking forward to see how this pans out.
    We'll see. Seems that the tires will be out of sync.
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 06-17-2015, 07:45 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Thought I would pop in this thread. Haven't posted much lately. Was happy to see Truex finally finish the deal and win. With summer here I've been spending more time in the pool than watching the racing that we get nowadays. I love how Nascar called the Michigan race early even though there was time to dry the track again, which is my next point, Michigan has been around forever and it still doesn't have lights?
      Last edited by roushmartin6; 06-19-2015, 11:28 PM. Reason: Autocorrect on Truex
      sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
        Thought I would pop in this thread. Haven't posted much lately. Was happy to see Tried finally finish the deal and win. With summer here I've been spending more time in the pool than watching the racing that we get nowadays. I love how Nascar called the Michigan race early even though there was time to dry the track again, which is my next point, Michigan has been around forever and it still doesn't have lights?
        While i would like to see every race reach the scheduled distance, there are just times when it's simply not possible & this was one such instance...for starters this race was already started & stopped by rain like 3 or 4 times & was already 5 hours into it.

Now to the second part of this & if they could have got back out there & i will say not likely, at least not enough time to get all the laps in...the first 3 or 4 times it rained it was only briefly & only parts of the track (michigan is big) so they dried it quickly, like 40 minutes each time....

however the final time, it poured & soaked the entire track & it was around 6 pm eastern & i would think to dry it from the downpour, it would have been at the very least an 1.5 - 2 hours. so your talkin like 8 pm to go back & that is just too late, the race went long enough.

Now onto the lights part...michigan of course is 2 miles in length & that is alot of track to light & would cost a ton. Of the tracks bigger than 1.5 miles, only daytona & california have lights.

No lights for Indy, Pocono, Talladega, Watkins Glen, Sonoma or Michigan.

I just think it is most likely a cost factor, but i'm all for more night races. :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

Funny to see PA tell Roush about the lights.
          I say so because Roush states that his location is Muscatine, Iowa.
          The finest state of the art premier sports lighting manufacturing company is based out of Oskaloosa, Iowa and manufactures in Muscatine, Iowa.
          The first choice of many MLB, NFL, NASCAR and other professional leagues here and internationally.
          Many colleges, universities and high schools prefer Musco for athletic facilities.
          Musco has provided lighting for some of the Olympics and a few Super Bowls.

NFL:

Gillette Stadium - Foxborough, Massachusetts
          Lambeau Field - Green Bay, Wisconsin
          Qwest Field - Seattle, Washington
          Raymond James Stadium - Tampa, Florida
          NRG Stadium - Houston, Texas (First LED Installation at an NFL stadium)
          LP Field - Nashville, Tennessee
          Bank of America Stadium - Charlotte, North Carolina
          University of Phoenix Stadium - Glendale, Arizona
          FedExField - Landover, Maryland
          Ford Field - Detroit, Michigan

MLB:

Comerica Park - Detroit, Michigan
          RFK Stadium - Washington, DC
          Shea Stadium - New York City
          Nationals Park - Washington, DC
          Yankee Stadium - New York City, New York
          Citi Field - Flushing Meadows - Corona Park, New York

Each of these Musco light poles comes with a laser to precisely aim the poles.
          The mounts for the fixtures on the poles are aimed at the factory to comply with the pre-designated candle power designed for every square foot of the field by Musco engineers prior to fabrication of the poles. Musco provides the exact coordinates for each pole location. Musco also has a control link which monitors every fixture 24/7 and relays vital info to the owners such as field use time; it even notifies the owners which pole, the specific arm and exact fixture that may be out of operation.

Yes PA, this lighting can be pricey. Most lamps are metal halide fixtures now but
          LEDs are the lights of the future. The Texans just upgraded to LEDs and so did U of A basketball.
          Musco even lit up Mount Rushmore with LEDs !!! http://www.musco.com/news/news.html

Musco engineers desiginate a specific guaranteed minimum lighting percentage provided on a gridded plan of the fields to be lit prior to construction.

~~~

Anyone who has watched a Nascar night race must have noticed the huge light poles surrounding the track.
          These poles are prominently displayed in the aerial TV shots.

How many have noticed the box shaped lights surrounding the inside of the tracks ?
          These light boxes are aimed to cover the banking on the track surface.
          Each fixture in the box is designed to cover a 4'x8' section of the banking on the track.
          Ever notice that there are no shadows ?
          Every square inch of those night tracks are covered.
          And the inside track light boxes are positioned without any driver interference.
          Musco engineering is absolutely amazing !

Musco has lit up these motorsport venues:

Atlanta Motor Speedway - Hampton, Georgia
          Auto Club Speedway - Fontana, California
          Bristol Motor Speedway - Bristol, Tennessee
          Charlotte Motor Speedway - Concord, North Carolina
          Chicagoland Speedway - Joliet, Illinois
          Darlington Raceway - Darlington, South Carolina
          Daytona International Speedway - Daytona Beach, Florida
          Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex
          Gateway International Raceway - Madison, Illinois
          Homestead-Miami Speedway -Homestead, Florida
          Kentucky Speedway - Sparta, Kentucky
          Losail International Circuit - Doha, Qatar
          Las Vegas Motor Speedway - Las Vegas, Nevada
          Nashville Superspeedway - Nashville, Tennessee
          Phoenix International Speedway - Phoenix, Arizona
          Richmond International Raceway - Richmond, Virginia
          Texas Motor Speedway - Fort Worth, Texas
          Yas Marina Circuit - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
          Kansas Speedway - Kansas City, Kansas
          The Milwaukee Mile - West Allis, Wisconsin
          Iowa Speedway - Newton, Iowa
          O'Reilly Raceway Park - Clermont, Indiana
          Eldora Speedway - Rossburg, Ohio

~~~

http://www.musco.com/

(Roush, we all knew that you meant Truex )
          Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 06-21-2015, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Wow! That's great information, AZ.

I saw the story of when they installed the lights at Daytona (I think it was Daytona). Really interesting. They asked the drivers for input and Earnhardt (Sr) could pin-point the exact location of a glarey light.

I didn't realize it was such a complicated process.
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

For a man who could see air, I have no doubt he could easily pick out a "glarey light" !

Speaking of Iowa, congrats to Eric Jones on his CWTS win !!

After getting rained out last night, Xfinity should start in a few hours at Joliet, IL.
              TV coverage will be on F2.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

For a man who could see air, I have no doubt he could easily pick out a "glarey light" !

Speaking of Iowa, congrats to Eric Jones on his CWTS win !!

After getting rained out last night, Xfinity should start in a few hours at Joliet, IL.
                TV coverage will be on F2.
                Sweep for Jones!
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Sweep for Jones!
                  I was going to post the same thing but I didn't know if you were at the gym and hadn't watched it yet.
                  Eric showed some good moves and a lot of determination. Old Kyle must be proud !!
                  The 22 car penalty was a first for me lol !!!

Comment

• Well after a week off for the cup series, i'm ready for some action & what better place than sonoma.

I love the road course races because they are some of the most exciting all season & it don't hurt that tony is really good at road racing...7 wins (2 at sonoma & 5 at the glen) so i will be looking forward to a good run by him.

Speaking of tony, he has one sweet looking ride for this race paying tribute to the military, veterans & families & it should look great on track & hopefully out front, check it out...

sigpic

Comment

I was going to post the same thing but I didn't know if you were at the gym and hadn't watched it yet.
                      Eric showed some good moves and a lot of determination. Old Kyle must be proud !!
                      The 22 car penalty was a first for me lol !!!

Yeah, that penalty was odd. NASCAR verbally told the crews that pit road was open. The flag guy didn't hear it, kept the red out and they penalize the teams. That makes sense, right?

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      Well after a week off for the cup series, i'm ready for some action & what better place than sonoma.

I love the road course races because they are some of the most exciting all season & it don't hurt that tony is really good at road racing...7 wins (2 at sonoma & 5 at the glen) so i will be looking forward to a good run by him.

Speaking of tony, he has one sweet looking ride for this race paying tribute to the military, veterans & families & it should look great on track & hopefully out front, check it out...

Nice.

I love Sonoma. Should be a good race.
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• A little off topic but I think it's okay.

AZ, we went to Mission BBQ tonight. Yes, I'm vegetarian. Yes, they took me to a BBQ place. And I was excited to go. They support our military and first responders. I think it's a place you would like.

They have a special parking spot for Wounded Warriors (in addition to the normal special parking). They have cups for WWP and proceeds go to them.

They have good mac and cheese.

I know there are probably lots of places like this across the country. I just wanted to share with you all.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• I'm going to miss Larry.

http://www.nascar.com/content/nascar...broadcast.html

When the FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series broadcast season ends after the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1, PRN, SiriusXM), it will be the end of a 15-year partnership between Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Darrell Waltrip. McReynolds discussed his emotions heading into the weekend on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

I had to edit because I mis-read. I thought the whole team was gone. My scanning skills failed me.

Last edited by Peanut; 06-27-2015, 06:03 PM.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

I'm going to miss Larry.

http://www.nascar.com/content/nascar...broadcast.html

When the FOX NASCAR Sprint Cup Series broadcast season ends after the Toyota/Save Mart 350 at Sonoma Raceway (Sunday, 3 p.m. ET, FOX Sports 1, PRN, SiriusXM), it will be the end of a 15-year partnership between Mike Joy, Larry McReynolds and Darrell Waltrip. McReynolds discussed his emotions heading into the weekend on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.

I had to edit because I mis-read. I thought the whole team was gone. My scanning skills failed me.

So, Gordon is taking over for Larry.

Larry is the only one who kept the booth grounded.
                            As a crew chief, he offered valuable technical insight.
                            Now it's going to be two drivers with big egos and Joy.
                            Doesn't make sense. Drivers only see races as drivers.

I really like Larry McReynolds, he's an honest, no bull guy.
                            Hope Fox has some good plans for his talent.
                            (They should have replaced DW with Gordon imo.)

~~~

Peanut, I wish we had a Mission BBQ here !!!

Comment

So, Gordon is taking over for Larry.

Larry is the only one who kept the booth grounded.
                              As a crew chief, he offered valuable technical insight.
                              Now it's going to be two drivers with big egos and Joy.
                              Doesn't make sense. Drivers only see races as drivers.

I really like Larry McReynolds, he's an honest, no bull guy.
                              Hope Fox has some good plans for his talent.
                              (They should have replaced DW with Gordon imo.)

~~~

Peanut, I wish we had a Mission BBQ here !!!
                              I agree with the bolded.

In the sermon this morning, the pastor was talking about this place in Annapolis called Chick and Ruth's. Hubby has been there and says the food is good. They have milk shakes that come in sizes Regular, Jumbo and Colossal. The Colossal is 6 pounds. You have to stand in order to eat it.

Colossal

Welcome back, Kyle. Now he needs to do that in Cup.
                              Done.

He's 37th, 136 points behind 30th.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Jeff is bring back the Rainbow Warrior for Bristol.
                                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X