X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Done.

He's 37th, 136 points behind 30th.
    Good for Kyle, he has had a long road to getting back.

I always thought getting the win would be the easy part for him & that the points would be the hard part & being the numbers guy i am, let me break it down on why i think it will be difficult...

10 races to go & he needs to make up 136 points which they are saying an average finish of 14th or better...one may say 14th? sounds easy but there isn't room for error like he has had already.

kyle has 5 races under his belt with finishes of 11th, 36th, 9th, 43rd & 1st...which adds up to an average finish of 20th.

another way of looking at it is he has scored 125 points or an average of 25 per race, but a 14th = 30 points or in other words, he would need to score 300 more points but currently is only on pace for 250 more & that is even with a win & 2 more finishes of 11th & 9th.

So those 2 bad finishes have thrown things out of whack & i would say he could have maybe 1 more & still have a slim chance but anymore & forget it.

Can he do it? yes i absolutely think he can but he has to be consistent now & stay clean for at least 8 if not 9 of the 10 remaining races.
    sigpic

Comment

Who knows ?
      For a guy with steel pins in his ankle and legs he has a lot of determination that's for sure.
      That wreck with a DNF certainly didn't help but Kyle may be in the winners circle again soon.
      I'm sure that Kyle is on a mission and will be racing for the win instead of settling for a points average.

Tony was up front and racing hard until his crew sabotaged him AGAIN ! Bet he is ticked.
      I was pulling for Tony, Kyle and Gordon. Now I'm pulling for Jeff and Tony to get a win.

Daytona is next and then Nascar starts the rule changes at Kentucky.
      Should be a wild finish of the season!
      Crew chiefs must be going nuts trying to figure out how tires will play out.
      I think the rest of the Sprint races are on NBC.

Have a nice Independence Day and heres to a good one at Daytona !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Who knows ?
        For a guy with steel pins in his ankle and legs he has a lot of determination that's for sure.
        That wreck with a DNF certainly didn't help but Kyle may be in the winners circle again soon.
        I'm sure that Kyle is on a mission and will be racing for the win instead of settling for a points average.

Tony was up front and racing hard until his crew sabotaged him AGAIN ! Bet he is ticked.
        I was pulling for Tony, Kyle and Gordon. Now I'm pulling for Jeff and Tony to get a win.

Best part about the bold...that is the crew that harvick had to start last season & gave him so many problems & what does tony do? yeah give up his championship crew to harvick & take on the stooges for the 14 team :doh:

I think it's time to take back what is his... harvick has had enough success & runs up front every week anyway, tony needs the crew to help him have a good day, harvick does not because he is hot enough to overcome that poor crew.
        sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the numbers, PA. I'm still hopeful. I'm concerned about tomorrow, especially seeing how practice went.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Who knows ?

The race tonight was fun. Between cringing and holding my breath. These guys are crazy. I guess that's why we love them.

Hope you all had a good 4th!
          Administrator
          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Sometimes it pays to be a night person.

I will not spoil it for those of you who had to DVR it.

I will say two things. I like it when McMurray drives the McDonald's car. "Big Mac" over the door.

And I repeat, I don't like restrictor plate racing.
            Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Wowsers !!!

Comment

• What a scary wreck. Nascar won't be happy till they kill someone it seems. I much prefered the tandem drafting to the can't pass the leader racing we have now. So glad that everyone is ok, i've never seen a car go from the bottom lane, over 2 lines of cars and land in the catch fence wheels first and come to a dead stop and have not one person killed. Looks like Daytona rising will need to add a new catch fence section while they are at it
                sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• I'm with you peanut, i don't like these plate races anymore. At one time i did & was excited for them but now they just seem pointless to me.

That wreck could have killed somebody, the fence is destroyed & nascar & the track itself are awful dam lucky the car didn't go any further beyond the fence.

Oh one more thing...nascar may want to investigate under the hood of the 88 & 48, mainly the 88 because everybody was talking about that...how does one car get that kind of edge over the field?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                    What a scary wreck. Nascar won't be happy till they kill someone it seems. I much prefered the tandem drafting to the can't pass the leader racing we have now. So glad that everyone is ok, i've never seen a car go from the bottom lane, over 2 lines of cars and land in the catch fence wheels first and come to a dead stop and have not one person killed. Looks like Daytona rising will need to add a new catch fence section while they are at it
                    I'm just glad it went wheels first. If you watch the slow motion replays, it turned just before impact. I know they have roll bars and under normal circumstances, they do a great job. But. Going roof first into the fence with the poles and wires? I think the outcome would have been different.

That was as scary as Geoff Bodine's crash in Trucks. I think I have the right Bodine.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    I'm with you peanut, i don't like these plate races anymore. At one time i did & was excited for them but now they just seem pointless to me.

That wreck could have killed somebody, the fence is destroyed & nascar & the track itself are awful dam lucky the car didn't go any further beyond the fence.

Oh one more thing...nascar may want to investigate under the hood of the 88 & 48, mainly the 88 because everybody was talking about that...how does one car get that kind of edge over the field?
                    They figured out how to blow a bubble out of the rear so that it gives an extra push when someone gets near them.

I'd be fine with them checking out those two as long as they check out the #4, which I think they did.

I wonder if people are going to start thinking that there's a curse on the #3? Although Dillon did walk away.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• maybe it's time to give it a shot without the plates.

yes the speeds will be ridiculously fast but if it breaks up the pack racing, then it would be a step in the right direction.

I know nascar will never consider this but it sure would be nice to see things a little spread out or at least to the point that handling & tires play a factor...perhaps they should have tried the reduced downforce package minus the plates at daytona instead of kentucky
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        maybe it's time to give it a shot without the plates.

yes the speeds will be ridiculously fast but if it breaks up the pack racing, then it would be a step in the right direction.

I know nascar will never consider this but it sure would be nice to see things a little spread out or at least to the point that handling & tires play a factor...perhaps they should have tried the reduced downforce package minus the plates at daytona instead of kentucky

Without plates at Talladega and Daytona, those cars will get airborne for sure; those tracks were built to be fast but I doubt Mr. France ever envisioned today's technology back then. The reduced down force plan could change plate tracks although I think it will take some time for the crews and drivers to adjust to it. Kentucky should be interesting. We'll see.

Tony worked his way to the front and then another bone-headed call in the pits cost him his track position and he got stuck back in the pack. PA, you're right about the point average for Kyle to have a chance but Kyle is Kyle and he only races one way; all in.

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                        What a scary wreck. Nascar won't be happy till they kill someone it seems. I much prefered the tandem drafting to the can't pass the leader racing we have now. So glad that everyone is ok, i've never seen a car go from the bottom lane, over 2 lines of cars and land in the catch fence wheels first and come to a dead stop and have not one person killed. Looks like Daytona rising will need to add a new catch fence section while they are at it
                        It is so fortunate that no one was killed at Daytona this week !

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        I'm just glad it went wheels first. If you watch the slow motion replays, it turned just before impact. I know they have roll bars and under normal circumstances, they do a great job. But. Going roof first into the fence with the poles and wires? I think the outcome would have been different.

That was as scary as Geoff Bodine's crash in Trucks. I think I have the right Bodine.

They figured out how to blow a bubble out of the rear so that it gives an extra push when someone gets near them.

I'd be fine with them checking out those two as long as they check out the #4, which I think they did.

I wonder if people are going to start thinking that there's a curse on the #3? Although Dillon did walk away.

I caught that "explanation" also. HMS blowing out rear bubbles ! Too funny !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                          I caught that "explanation" also. HMS blowing out rear bubbles ! Too funny !!!
                          I haven't watched hardly any racing this year (and didn't watch this race) but it sounds like they must have brought Von Miller in as a consultant to get extra speed after hearing of his work in our team meetings.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                            I haven't watched hardly any racing this year (and didn't watch this race) but it sounds like they must have brought Von Miller in as a consultant to get extra speed after hearing of his work in our team meetings.

I love it when football and racing come together.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• I'm really pulling for Gordon to win Kentucky. That would be so cool for him.

"A Kentucky win would also give Gordon a rare distinction: a victory at every venue he's competed on in a 23-year career, which would make him the only driver to hold the distinction of wins on all 23 current Sprint Cup Series tracks."

Article
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                                I'm really pulling for Gordon to win Kentucky. That would be so cool for him.

"A Kentucky win would also give Gordon a rare distinction: a victory at every venue he's competed on in a 23-year career, which would make him the only driver to hold the distinction of wins on all 23 current Sprint Cup Series tracks."

Article
                                Tony is just about right there with him...Kentucky & Darlington are the only tracks tony has not won at.

Would be cool for sure if either of them were able to accomplish it, obviously my money would be on the 24 at this point & time.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X