No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it was last week, they were talking about how Tony said he lacked confidence. Very candid. He needs someone/something to guide him back. If he can't get that confidence back, retirement is not far away.
    Administrator
    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• That about sums up how i feel...so tony wanted this package probably more than anybody & what happens?

yeah of course he has one of the worst races of the year ha ha ha!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! 33rd 2laps down ha ha ha!!! LOL!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! CLOWN!!!!! GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

• And i used to think it was the crew chief that was the problem....
        sigpic

Comment

• The new package was great but I agree that i can't believe Tony did even worse. I wouldn't be shocked if he called it a career after this year, I know he hasn't hated the gen 6 car since it was introduced
          sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Now that i have had my cool down time, i wanted to share something interesting i heard last week...

Nascar is looking into the idea of adding another road course race to the schedule, or at the very least they would like to move one to the chase & they are looking at maybe moving sonoma into the chase.

This idea is coming from the fact that not only have road races been some of the most exciting & entertaining the past few years but also the attendance at the tracks have been the best in several years, while most other tracks are half empty.

I for one hope this is not just rumor & that they not only put one in the chase but more importantly add another, i would really love to see 4 total but would take 3 for sure & no doubt one should be in the chase.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
              The new package was great but I agree that i can't believe Tony did even worse. I wouldn't be shocked if he called it a career after this year, I know he hasn't hated the gen 6 car since it was introduced

Nice to see faster cars able to pass at will.
              Gordon put the package to the test early when he got Larson loose and went right around him.
              It was obvious that the JGR engineers did their homework. Wow.
              Other teams were really struggling with the set up.
              Some cars seemed to be starting to get dialed in toward the end of the race.
              All these crews seem to be able to adapt fast, should be a lot of fun after they adjust.
              Loudon should be wild !

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              Now that i have had my cool down time, i wanted to share something interesting i heard last week...

Nascar is looking into the idea of adding another road course race to the schedule, or at the very least they would like to move one to the chase & they are looking at maybe moving sonoma into the chase.

This idea is coming from the fact that not only have road races been some of the most exciting & entertaining the past few years but also the attendance at the tracks have been the best in several years, while most other tracks are half empty.

I for one hope this is not just rumor & that they not only put one in the chase but more importantly add another, i would really love to see 4 total but would take 3 for sure & no doubt one should be in the chase.

Thanks for sharing PA !
              I like to see a few right turns too !!
              This "rumor" will probably be in effect for next season.
              I really liked that track that NASCAR held that road course up in Canada a while back.
              That place was packed too !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• They should have a road course in the Chase so I hope you're right, PA. Some guys are getting pretty good at it.

Trucks in the dirt coming up in a couple of weeks. That's a race that I really look forward to.
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Kyle Busch is on a mission. If he gets in the chase, watch out!
                  sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Kyle Busch is on a mission. If he gets in the chase, watch out!
                    That move Kyle made at about lap 238 right before the caution came out was awesome !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
                      Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

That move Kyle made at about lap 238 right before the caution came out was awesome !!!

That was awesome!
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Trucks are in Eldora Wednesday!

Darn. Kyle Larson isn't entered. I wanted to see if he could stay off the wall.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Even people who dislike Kyle has got to appreciate what he's doing, right?

He's in his happy place.

I really wanted Gordon to win today. I really want him in the Chase.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            Even people who dislike Kyle has got to appreciate what he's doing, right?

He's in his happy place.

I really wanted Gordon to win today. I really want him in the Chase.
                            I want to like him because he's driving Bobby's old car...I just can't. At least he wasn't his usual smug self in victory lane. If I had never seen him in a race before his post race interview would make him look like a pretty likable guy. It's impressive what he's doing, I still can't find it in my heart of hearts to pull for him.

Since this was the first race all season I bothered to watch, I was really pulling for Joey to get by him.

Quick question, if Kyle does get in the chase with his 4 wins, does that mean he'll start as the points leader?
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              I want to like him because he's driving Bobby's old car...I just can't. At least he wasn't his usual smug self in victory lane. If I had never seen him in a race before his post race interview would make him look like a pretty likable guy. It's impressive what he's doing, I still can't find it in my heart of hearts to pull for him.

Since this was the first race all season I bothered to watch, I was really pulling for Joey to get by him.

Quick question, if Kyle does get in the chase with his 4 wins, does that mean he'll start as the points leader?
                              I didn't say you had to like him. I just thought a racing fan would appreciate what he's gone through and what he's done.

I wasn't a fan of his near the beginning. But I kept thinking, "The guy can drive". Then I noticed changes in him (Gibbs rubbing off on him?) and decided that he was one of my main drivers.

I was pulling mainly for Gordon. That was short-lived. Joey and Larson came next. I thought it would be cool for Penske to get a Cup win at Indy.

I think Kyle would be second to Johnson, who also has 4 wins? I don't know how that would work. Go by points? Seems that Johnson would be higher in points than Kyle, even though Johnson and team are doing their usual "slump" before the Chase.

PA, I could hear you from here (did you bother watching the race?). It seems that Tony's team has a lot of people confused about their decisions.
                              Last edited by Peanut; 07-27-2015, 02:27 PM.
                              Administrator
                              sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

You can say that again Roush !!!

I never was a Big Kyle fan but yes, I admire the fire in his desire !
                                Kyle has seemed to have matured a lot since becoming a family man.
                                Indeed on a mission after that debilitating wreck !!
                                3 in a row, not counting Xfinity, pretty amazing !!!

I was pulling for Gordon, he wrecked and I thought this might be the one for Tony.
                                Tony had a fast car, good pole position, was up front most of the race
                                and then....the inevitable dumb pit stop that cost him huge in track position.

That Indy package must have been awfully hot for the drivers.

~~~
                                (edit)
                                Tony did do a great job at Eldora !
                                It was a good time and lots of fun for all !!
                                I was ROTFL at Brad K !!!
                                Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 07-27-2015, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X