Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The streak Kyle is on is unreal! He will be dangerous when he makes the chase not if. Also was nice to see Tony up front again, I wonder if this is the race they got it pointed in the right direction
    sigpic

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      PA, I could hear you from here (did you bother watching the race?). It seems that Tony's team has a lot of people confused about their decisions.
      I did watch the race, no matter how bad of a train wreck this year has been i watch because i love pulling for tony stewart like i love pulling for the broncos.

      I have said this before..i compare things now to how it was with our broncos with josh mcdaniels, really really bad. but i watched & rooted with the same passion as any other year. however with that being said....

      I simply have nothing more to say, things are bad & i do not want to keep coming here & repeating the same crap over & over because i'm sure you guys & gals have probably had about enough of it by now, i know i even have myself.

      so i'm going to spare everyone from the moaning & complaining...but i will never stop watching & hoping for better times.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • If & i know it's a big if at this point because they are so close & i think will still get there...but should the #18 not make it into the top 30 in points & to be more specific by a handful of points...

        well that is 100% on the driver, they warned him to save gas & he simply did not listen..he was trying to win that race no matter what anybody says & instead of think big picture & back off, he runs out of gas costing the team 20 points & the rest of that team should be upset with the driver IMO.

        Yeah most likely the 18 still gets there, but what if they blow a motor at the glen & or get caught up in a wreck somewhere else & suddenly your still outside looking in with just 2 or 3 races to go? then the pressure will start eating at you & perhaps then you make a mistake pushing too hard & you have nobody to blame but yourself for being greedy & not thinking of the whole team & big picture!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
          If & i know it's a big if at this point because they are so close & i think will still get there...but should the #18 not make it into the top 30 in points & to be more specific by a handful of points...

          well that is 100% on the driver, they warned him to save gas & he simply did not listen..he was trying to win that race no matter what anybody says & instead of think big picture & back off, he runs out of gas costing the team 20 points & the rest of that team should be upset with the driver IMO.

          Yeah most likely the 18 still gets there, but what if they blow a motor at the glen & or get caught up in a wreck somewhere else & suddenly your still outside looking in with just 2 or 3 races to go? then the pressure will start eating at you & perhaps then you make a mistake pushing too hard & you have nobody to blame but yourself for being greedy & not thinking of the whole team & big picture!
          It looks like Kyle is racing well enough that he will still make the chase ... 2-3 or more years ago I couldn't stand Kyle but the last year or two it seems he has a different attitude and I am OK with him now. His attitude today gave an image that he is having fun, I like that.
          I root for Truex and Jeff Gordon, a shame Truex ran out of fuel like so many others but at least he has a win. The last pits for many cars were from lap 123-128 and the fuel window was supposed to be 33 laps (160 lap race). Most cars running up front had to go 36 or 37 laps from the last pit on fuel and I didn't think they were making a good decision doing that; I'm sure they hoped for at least on more yellow and no GWC at the end. I was glad to see that Gordon pitted on lap 128, he was running between 15th and 20th for most of the last 30 laps ... he finished 3rd! Lots of cars didn't make it and Gordon's team finally made a good decision this season.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Stewart is still struggling. First anniversary of Kevin Ward Jr.'s death.

            It's his first race at Watkins Glen in 3 years. I really hope he does well.

            "He's not the same person he was before Ward's death, and he's not the same driver, either. He's acknowledged several times the last few months that his confidence has been shattered, his comfort level in a race car is questionable and it's a struggle to find much joy in his profession."
            Administrator
            sigpic

            #LupusAwareness

            #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
              Stewart is still struggling. First anniversary of Kevin Ward Jr.'s death.

              It's his first race at Watkins Glen in 3 years. I really hope he does well.

              "He's not the same person he was before Ward's death, and he's not the same driver, either. He's acknowledged several times the last few months that his confidence has been shattered, his comfort level in a race car is questionable and it's a struggle to find much joy in his profession."
              He honestly should have retired. He hasn't been up to snuff since them, I have always enjoyed watching Tony race, but get out of the car and get someone competitive in there. I don't blame him for being messed up after something like that, but if he can't get his head straight, it's getting close to time to just move on.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • .



                Tony is still competitive.
                His crew chief isn't.

                May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                Comment


                • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                  .



                  Tony is still competitive.
                  His crew chief isn't.
                  I remember swearing the same thing about my driver.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • LOL! Retire? I don't even know where to begin because there is so much going on within this situation...

                    First off - AZ is right...Tony is coming around & the crew chief has been a problem, just look at indy...runs in the top 5 all race until stupid pit strategy cost him big time & this is not the first time. should have been a top 5 at worst & then finished 9th at pocono.

                    Second - And this may be the most important part...Tony Stewart answers to NOBODY! Because he is his own boss & if the 14 car is running terrible for 100 races in a row, well so be it...that is his choice to be in that car or not & he has dam well earned that right because he is the owner!

                    I am without question the biggest tony stewart fan on this board & one of his biggest fans period! And believe me you I have said numerous times that he should hang it up & let somebody else in the car, but let me tell you something...those feelings & comments are out of anger & disappointment & i would never want him to just give up.

                    Tony will get out of the car when he is dam well ready to & nobody is gonna tell him otherwise because he needs racing right now no matter how poor the performance on track is, it is like therapy to him & he will go on his own terms, end of story!

                    P.S. - Just gonna say this...watch out this weekend because he has won 5 times (most all-time) at the glen & has not even raced there the past 2 years.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      I remember swearing the same thing about my driver.
                      And it was true. When they started playing musical CCs is when Bobby started having troubles. Then he couldn't get a decent ride. I was hopeful with the #43 but they were struggling at the time. Now it seems he can only get a ride for a team that needs his provisional.

                      PA, I'm pulling for 3 drivers this week. Gordon or Stewart to win and Kyle to have a good finish.


                      I think we all knew this was coming.

                      Ward's family files wrongful death suit against Tony Stewart
                      Last edited by Peanut; 08-08-2015, 12:04 AM.
                      Administrator
                      sigpic

                      #LupusAwareness

                      #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        Real classy move there ward family.

                        Let's wait until about the last possible day to pull this stunt, they had 1 year from the date of the incident which just so happens to be this sunday.

                        I would lay money on it that this was what they planned from the get go, why file right away when they can wait until tony returns to watkins glen on the very same weekend the accident took place.

                        IMO there can only be one reason anybody would wait the entire year...they want to rehash this to tony & try to bring him down even more.

                        I'm sorry for the loss of their child & it was a terrible tragedy but all they are doing now is being classless slimeballs by doing this now.

                        I'm sorry if i offended anybody with any of this, but it's just how i see it.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          And it was true. When they started playing musical CCs is when Bobby started having troubles. Then he couldn't get a decent ride. I was hopeful with the #43 but they were struggling at the time. Now it seems he can only get a ride for a team that needs his provisional.

                          PA, I'm pulling for 3 drivers this week. Gordon or Stewart to win and Kyle to have a good finish.


                          I think we all knew this was coming.

                          Ward's family files wrongful death suit against Tony Stewart
                          Yea, I'm not saying I want Tony to retire by any means. I have always liked the guy, I dunno, maybe PA's right he just needs a change of CC.

                          I hope the ward family gets laughed out of court. Their son was high as a kite and walked in front of Tony...They should never see a dime of Tony's money. I'm sorry for the loss of their child, but this is a slimy cash grab pure and simple...
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • I don't wish ill-well on the Ward family (I know no one here does). They went through a horrible ordeal. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child. But...I wish they would acknowledge the part that their son had in this situation. He is not blameless. In fact, if he had stayed in his car like he should have, like he'd been told numerous times, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

                            Sometimes I get in my moods. When I hear about things like this, I almost want Stewart to counter-sue and say, If he hadn't gotten out of the car, if he wasn't high, .... A grand jury declined to indict Stewart. This is pain and suffering for Tony. Slander comes to mind.
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

                            #LupusAwareness

                            #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              I don't wish ill-well on the Ward family (I know no one here does). They went through a horrible ordeal. I can't imagine what it's like to lose a child. But...I wish they would acknowledge the part that their son had in this situation. He is not blameless. In fact, if he had stayed in his car like he should have, like he'd been told numerous times, we wouldn't be here talking about it.

                              Sometimes I get in my moods. When I hear about things like this, I almost want Stewart to counter-sue and say, If he hadn't gotten out of the car, if he wasn't high, .... A grand jury declined to indict Stewart. This is pain and suffering for Tony. Slander comes to mind.
                              Yea but if he counter-sues he will be eaten alive in the court of public opinion. The average non-nascar fan called him everything from a horrible person to a murder when it happened because they really had no clue about racing or how any of it works. His best thing is to stay quite and let it play out.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • When does this end??

                                When will this misery end for this poor man?

                                This is becoming almost beyond belief anymore, never in my life have i seen such horrific luck & results for somebody who does not deserve this.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X