No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well i'm sure that scumbag ward family is sitting back thinking ha ha ha! we got you tony & enjoying this & if that is the case...may god have mercy on there souls because they have serious problems if that's the case.
    sigpic

Comment

• Look out Nascar, Rowdy just cracked the top 30...I'll tell you what as long as he hasn't peaked too early he may make some waves in the chase this season.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        well i'm sure that scumbag ward family is sitting back thinking ha ha ha! we got you tony & enjoying this & if that is the case...may god have mercy on there souls because they have serious problems if that's the case.
        I don't know why they are wasting their time, he was on an active race track and had weed in his system, they will lose for sure. Plus Tony can afford a way better lawyer than they can. Just trying to get money out of him, its sad it happened but i Hope they don't get a dime.

As for today's race, it was ok, sucks that Harvick ran out of gas but Kyle Busch has got into the top 30, just needs to stay there. He is going to be unstoppable when it starts
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Buddy Baker has passed away. Best wishes to his family both immediate and extended racing family and friends. He will surely be missed. To BB

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/moto...SportingNews11

May the Gentle Giant RIP
          Last edited by FL BRONCO; 08-10-2015, 04:01 PM.
          My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• RIP

Buddy Baker

“I’m 74 years old, have great friends, had a career,” he said. “The toughest part for me is not being able to talk to some of our regulars that are almost like family. Do not shed a tear. Give a smile when you say my name. I’m not saying goodbye. Just talk to you later.”

Administrator
            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              This has the potential & i say potential cautiously, to really alter the second half of the season.

Maybe we will have some new players to win races instead of harvick, truex, busch & johnson. but i will reserve judgement until we see how this plays out.

One thing for sure...this sure the heck can't hurt guys like gordon, stewart, biffle & bowyer.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
              Nice to see faster cars able to pass at will.
              Gordon put the package to the test early when he got Larson loose and went right around him.
              It was obvious that the JGR engineers did their homework. Wow.
              Other teams were really struggling with the set up.
              Great insight PA. This package is appearing to alter the second half of the season.
              Uncanny how the odds are now heavily tilted toward the Toyos !
              I was a bit skeptical at the beginning of the season that the hp downgrade was intended to help the struggling TRD group, but the expeditious adaptation of this new package by the TRD engineers is beyond belief. Okay, I'll start the conspiracy theory lol but it sure seems that TRD is way ahead of the curve with this new package somehow. Hmmmm...

JGR finished 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the first round of quals today that determined the top 12.
              Then JGR finished PI, P2 and P3. They would have had 1-4 if Kyle hadn't got a little squirrley on his last run. Right now the Toyos seem to have an advantage. They all were putting up the fastest straight away speeds. 201-203 mph. Gordon, Johnson and Jr were holding it wide open around the track, didn't lift up but couldn't hit those speeds. It's almost like JGR and HMS have switched places lol.

Of course this was all in qual trim today, when they get in race trim Sunday and get in groups, we'll see how much the air off of this "new" package impacts the field. For sure the Toyos dominated the quals today.

On a positive note, Tony has had a consistently fast car lately and he has done well in all the quals in the last 5 races. Again today, he had a fast car in practice and did well in the quals. I think Tony got P5. Last week Tony was running well and up in the front pack when his car just shut down on him. I could almost hear a collective gasp of "Awwwww..." At least that's what I said anyway. Tough break at the Glen but Tony still has another shot this Sunday at Michigan.

Here's to a good one:

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Ordered our tickets for Dover. Usually we sit on the front stretch (first race was in turn 4). This time, we're going to be in turn one. Still should have a good view of most of pit road.

How's this? Ultimate Fan Pass. Includes access to the Driver & Crew Chief meeting, limited-edition keepsake chair, pit pass, guided garage tour, breakfast and more. For an extra $500.00 for each person, available to the first 100 fans. Would love to do it, but... Told daughter she could wave to Gordon from turn 1.

I don't know how many other tracks do this but it's Dover's first time. They have become more fan-friendly in recent years.
                Administrator
                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Being the yo-yo that i am & given the circumstances that have developed this week with MWR, here i go again...

It would not surprise me one bit if tony decides to step out of the 14 & bring clint bowyer on to fill the seat, by no means am i saying it's going to happen or i think it will happen but...

all things considered, something is clearly wrong with tony & the whole 14 team (the crew chief is trying, but just gets it wrong every time it seems on strategty)& perhaps it's time to move on.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    Being the yo-yo that i am & given the circumstances that have developed this week with MWR, here i go again...

It would not surprise me one bit if tony decides to step out of the 14 & bring clint bowyer on to fill the seat, by no means am i saying it's going to happen or i think it will happen but...

all things considered, something is clearly wrong with tony & the whole 14 team (the crew chief is trying, but just gets it wrong every time it seems on strategty)& perhaps it's time to move on.
                    I'm hoping Tony sticks it out. I think he needs it.

What is bothering me is the #24 team. 2 loose wheels? Really? Tire changers' fault or is Gordon "feeling" things that aren't there? Rookie mistakes.
                    Administrator
                    sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      I'm hoping Tony sticks it out. I think he needs it.

What is bothering me is the #24 team. 2 loose wheels? Really? Tire changers' fault or is Gordon "feeling" things that aren't there? Rookie mistakes.
                      I think jeff is feeling the pressure of it being over & every week it's building more & more & it's just too much for him, i feel really bad for him because he deserves to go out better than this.

This is however sports, & nobody can plan these things or how they will go...i have a bad feeling that he is going to miss the chase.
                      sigpic

Comment

• As fellow racing fans, I know you won't mind me putting this here.

Most of you know that IndyCar is my first love in racing. I just finished watching the race from Pocono. Please keep Justin in your thoughts. Thanks.

Justin Wilson

IndyCar driver Justin Wilson suffered a severe head injury Sunday afternoon at Pocono Raceway when he was hit in the head by debris from Sage Karam's car after Karam crashed. As of 9 p.m. ET, the IndyCar Series said he's in a coma and in critical condition at an Allentown, Pennsylvania, hospital.

EDIT: Props to Stewart.

Stewart loans plane to Wilson family: Tony Stewart loaned his plane and pilots to Stefan Wilson, brother of injured IndyCar Series driver Justin Wilson, so Wilson could get from Indianapolis to his brother's side at a Pennsylvania hospital Sunday night. Justin Wilson was hit in the helmet by the flying nosepiece of Sage Karam's car during the race Sunday at Pocono Raceway and was airlifted to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest in Allentown, PA. Wilson suffered a severe head injury and is in a coma in critical condition, according to the IndyCar Series. It is not unusual for Stewart to lend his plane to people in the racing industry amid a health crisis. Most of those acts go unpublicized at Stewart's request. He did not publicize his loaning of the plane and pilots Sunday night, but several in the IndyCar community sent out tweets thanking him.(ESPN.com)(8-24-2015)
                        Last edited by Peanut; 08-24-2015, 12:57 AM.
                        Administrator
                        sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• Just heard the very sad news that Justin Wilson has passed away.

Very unfortunate tragedy, thoughts & prayers to his family...everything i have been hearing, he was really well liked by all his competitors.

RIP Justin
                          sigpic

Comment

• I am so very sad. Second one we've lost in 3 years. I wanted to go to this race this year, but because of going to Dover, decided not to.

RIP Justin.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...011012288.html
                            Administrator
                            sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• RIP Justin.

What is eriee is that all could think about was Dan Weldon during the race.
                              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

Comment

• No Cup this week, but we have 3 road courses.

XFINITY at Road America. Trucks at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. And IndyCar at Sonoma for the finale, which should be very emotional.
                                Administrator
                                sigpic

#LupusAwareness

Comment

Working...
                                X