No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvick and Kurt ran out of gas today. I really wish their CC would have brought them in for gas and tires. Kurt wound up finishing 19th. *face palm* I'm not sure where Harvick finished.

Kyle had a terrible day, finished 40th I think. He wrecked.

No one could pass at today, at least, not very easily.

Harvick is in trouble, Kurt needs a good day next week.

I think Jr ran out of gas too.

It was a crazy day.

I hope you all are doing well.

Comment

• Well 2016 will be Stuarts last full time season. It will be the end of an era. Go Tony. sorry BPA. Lotta good memories he has given throughout the years.
      My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
        Well 2016 will be Stuarts last full time season. It will be the end of an era. Go Tony. sorry BPA. Lotta good memories he has given throughout the years.
        Yup. welcome to the club, it sucks losing your favorite driver to retirement. With football you always have the Broncos but in Nascar thats it. Hopefully Tony finishes on a strong note
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
          Well 2016 will be Stuarts last full time season. It will be the end of an era. Go Tony. sorry BPA. Lotta good memories he has given throughout the years.
          Tony Stewart to retire after 2016

I hope he has a great 2016.

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          Yup. welcome to the club, it sucks losing your favorite driver to retirement. With football you always have the Broncos but in Nascar thats it. Hopefully Tony finishes on a strong note
          It's nice that they're announcing their retirement and going out on their own terms. Fans get a chance to say goodbye.

Mine just kind of faded into nothingness.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
            Being the yo-yo that i am & given the circumstances that have developed this week with MWR, here i go again...

It would not surprise me one bit if tony decides to step out of the 14 & bring clint bowyer on to fill the seat, by no means am i saying it's going to happen or i think it will happen but...

all things considered, something is clearly wrong with tony & the whole 14 team (the crew chief is trying, but just gets it wrong every time it seems on strategty)& perhaps it's time to move on.
            This is one time i wish i was wrong about things.

I don't really have much else to say at the moment & i didn't respond earlier because...i guess i'm just letting it all set in.

dam this sucks!
            sigpic

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...172229949.html

"To be perfectly honest there was a really good possibility that this would have happened at the end of this year," Stewart said. "And the reason that we decided is 100 percent because of the fans that have supported us through the years ... I've been able to follow what Jeff's done this year and see how much it's meant to the fans to watch him race and the knowledge and knowing that it's their last year to watch him, that's important to me to be able to do this for our fans who have stuck with us through thick and thin and supported us."

As I said before, I hope he has a great 2016. On the track and maybe more importantly, off the track.
              Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• We are really praying that it won't rain on Sunday in Dover.

Go away, Joaquin!
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Now that the reality of things has set in i have a few thoughts...

First thing is i was a bit surprised at how upbeat & happy tony seemed speaking, almost as if a weight has been lifted from him & i guess in a way it kind of made me feel a tad better, although i'm still bummed out... but if this is what he wants to do then so be it.

Next is the part you posted Peanut...running 2016 for the fans which is cool that he referenced his fans which are very loyal & then the part about how it could have happened at the end of this season & that is where i'm a little confused about things.

If you decide your running one more year for your fans, why the need to make this announcement right now considering there are still 8 races left in the season, why not announce it after the season ends?

Now onto the business side of things & what i mean is the final year on track 2016 & some things i would really love to see occur to close the book on an amazing career...

1. Daytona 500 win & that is the big one because it has eluded him far too long & if none of the others things i wish occur, this is the one i would choose.

2. Southern 500 win - Darlington is 1 of 2 active tracks he hasn't won at, Kentucky being the other & they have only raced there i think 5 times.

3. Coke 600 win - never won this one but man did he come close several years back...had over 5 second lead on kasey kahne with 3 laps remaining & got a flat tire, what a heartbreaker.

Those are my big 3 & there are a few others that would be really cool as well, such as another win at the brickyard since it's his home. One other cool thing would be to get back into the chase for one last run at a championship.

I know alot of these may seem like a big stretch considering the performance the last two years but i have to hold onto some hope at this point right? Besides he has pulled rabbits from the hat before...

How bout 2011? Went into the chase as really an afterthought because of lack of performance & proceeds to win 5 of the 10 chase races & win his 3rd cup in an epic battle with carl edwards, i will never forgot those last 20 or so laps at homestead...i swear my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest.

Lots of great memories over the years & hopefully a few more before all is said & done. I hope you have a great 2016 smoke & that you will be at peace in life.

I'm going to miss seeing you on the track but will never forget the memories
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    We are really praying that it won't rain on Sunday in Dover.

Go away, Joaquin!

I'm praying too !!!

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    I'm going to miss seeing you on the track but will never forget the memories
                    You will still see him on the track in the owners box !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

I'm praying too !!!

You will still see him on the track in the owners box !
                      Yeah, not just for Dover and the race, but for everyone in the path. Really hoping it goes away from the coast.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        Now that the chase is set, how bout some predictions...

First 4 out - Menard, Bowyer, McMurray & Gordon

Final 4 - Harvick, Kenseth, Logano & Earnhart.

Harvick will repeat as champ.
                        Eliminated:
                        Jamie McMurray
                        Jimmie Johnson
                        Paul Menard
                        Clint Bowyer

Nice percentage PA !
                        You da man !!!
                        :thumb:

Waiting for Peanut's pics

Comment

Eliminated:
                          Jamie McMurray
                          Jimmie Johnson
                          Paul Menard
                          Clint Bowyer

Nice percentage PA !
                          You da man !!!

I'll gladly take the one wrong guess with the 48.

Karma is a funny thing now isn't jimmie...you put harvick in a bad situation in race 1 but he kept hunting & in the end, you got what was coming your way as harvick moves on & you are out!

too bad, so sad 48!

Harvick will repeat...he flat out stomped a mud hole in the field & in reality, should have won all 3 races.
                          Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 10-04-2015, 04:44 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Eliminated:
                            Jamie McMurray
                            Jimmie Johnson
                            Paul Menard
                            Clint Bowyer

Nice percentage PA !
                            You da man !!!

I might post some pictures, but they won't be mine. I ended up going to the ER and they kept me. A bunch of weird tests and they couldn't find out what was wrong. I'm fine but missed the race. I made the others go.

Good picks, PA!
                            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              I might post some pictures, but they won't be mine. I ended up going to the ER and they kept me. A bunch of weird tests and they couldn't find out what was wrong. I'm fine but missed the race. I made the others go.

Good picks, PA!
                              Dang that sucks!

So sorry you missed the race peanut, hope all is well.
                              sigpic

Comment

Peanut, so sorry that you missed Dover.
                                Glad that you made the others go.
                                And I'm glad Gordon made the cut too.
                                Hope that you are okay. Prayers for you.

PA, you were right about Bowyer.
                                He's leaving MWR and rides for Scott just for next season.
                                Then he will work for Tony like you predicted !
                                You're good PA !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X