NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    This is one time i wish i was wrong about things.

I don't really have much else to say at the moment & i didn't respond earlier because...i guess i'm just letting it all set in.

dam this sucks!

I never thought both Jeff and Tony would be retired this soon much less the same season. I know what you are feeling.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Ok let's try some more predictions for this round & who will be eliminated...

Keselowski
      Truex
      Gordon
      Newman

On a side note, Tony qualified 36th & based on his comments on twitter on his homepage, he sounds very upset.

I'm not going to repeat what he said because it would get me in trouble :nono: ha ha! but don't be surprised if changes aren't coming sooner or later.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
        Ok let's try some more predictions for this round & who will be eliminated...

Keselowski
        Truex
        Gordon
        Newman

On a side note, Tony qualified 36th & based on his comments on twitter on his homepage, he sounds very upset.
        I'm not going to repeat what he said because it would get me in trouble ha ha! but don't be surprised if changes aren't coming sooner or later.
        Gordon wins one! Harvick doesn't win and gets eliminated! Keslowski, Newman and Dale Jr. are eliminated too.

I pretty much don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to NASCAR but those are my predictions.
        sigpic

Comment

At the first Cup practice on Thurs, almost everyone came out in mock qual trim.
          The top 9 drivers posted 192+ mph.
          http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice1.html

Later Thurs, the Cup quals were held. Kenseth and Kyle got P1 and P2 respectively.
          Newman got P10.
          http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...ualifying.html

Today (Friday) another practice was held. Newman was third fastest overall.
          http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice2.html

Later today, final practice was held.
          Newman was 4th fastest only .003 behind Logano.
          Kyle on top with Kurt about .035 behind him at second.
          http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice3.html

Since they unloaded their cars, they have had a lot of opportunities to take big swings.
          Some, like Gordon, went in the wrong direction. Newman kept getting pretty good.
          Can't count Newman out just yet. He sure does seem determined.

And "Brian", no one is getting knocked out at Charlotte.
          If one of the Chase drivers wins, he will be locked into the next round.
          After Charlotte, before a cut, they all have to compete at Kansas and then Talladega.
          It's all about wins and points until the checker at Talladega.
          Then there will be 8 drivers left.

My biggest worry is the role of the lap cars.
          Always has been since the Sprint Cup playoff format began.
          Weird wrecks, unexpected spin-outs, track debris and untimely cautions affecting the outcome.
          Just sayin'. Some of these teams need cash real bad. Just my own opinion and speculation.
          ~~~
          Xfinity tonight; what's up with Kyle and Kahne ?
          Watched the replay a few times, really bizarre stuff.
          Hope that doesn't carry on into the Sprint race tomorrow night.

Here's to a good one at Charlotte !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

At the first Cup practice on Thurs, almost everyone came out in mock qual trim.
            The top 9 drivers posted 192+ mph.
            http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice1.html

Later Thurs, the Cup quals were held. Kenseth and Kyle got P1 and P2 respectively.
            Newman got P10.
            http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...ualifying.html

Today (Friday) another practice was held. Newman was third fastest overall.
            http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice2.html

Later today, final practice was held.
            Newman was 4th fastest only .003 behind Logano.
            Kyle on top with Kurt about .035 behind him at second.
            http://www.nascar.com/en_us/sprint-c...practice3.html

Since they unloaded their cars, they have had a lot of opportunities to take big swings.
            Some, like Gordon, went in the wrong direction. Newman kept getting pretty good.
            Can't count Newman out just yet. He sure does seem determined.

And "Brian", no one is getting knocked out at Charlotte.
            If one of the Chase drivers wins, he will be locked into the next round.
            After Charlotte, before a cut, they all have to compete at Kansas and then Talladega.
            It's all about wins and points until the checker at Talladega.
            Then there will be 8 drivers left.

My biggest worry is the role of the lap cars.
            Always has been since the Sprint Cup playoff format began.
            Weird wrecks, unexpected spin-outs, track debris and untimely cautions affecting the outcome.
            Just sayin'. Some of these teams need cash real bad. Just my own opinion and speculation.
            ~~~
            Xfinity tonight; what's up with Kyle and Kahne ?
            Watched the replay a few times, really bizarre stuff.
            Hope that doesn't carry on into the Sprint race tomorrow night.

Here's to a good one at Charlotte !
            I do know that. I don't think I said that anybody would be eliminated in Charlotte, I realize that there are 3 races in this round. My prediction is that Gordon will win one in this round and Harvick won't and gets eliminated.

They do show standings with Harvick in 12th; since they all start this round with 3000 points does it really matter where they stand at this point? Maybe those standings reflect where the drivers finished points wise in the previous round?

My prediction is mostly based on who I like, not from anything I know.
            sigpic

Comment

• Edwards
              Kenseth
              Newman
              Kurt

A race late, but those are my four to be gone.

AZ, I was wondering if Kahne would blame Kyle for getting into the wall Sunday.

Both my Kyles went boom.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Well boys & girls it's that time again, the big one...Talladega!

I have said it before & have been wrong about things on track but i think the aggression level will be through the roof in this one & of course that will end in disaster, likely in the form of a 20-25 car pileup.

Reason being...the points are so tight for so many & i think they are all gonna try being up front as much as possible because nobody is safe but logano.

Kenseth & Jr. almost have to win to move on because they are too far back in points. The other 9 from hamlin in 2nd back to newman in 10th...well they are separated by a total of 20 points & we all know you could be running top 5 on the final lap & end up 30th at the checker flag.

This race is so unpredictable & it's almost not fair to any of these teams that it is even in the chase, let alone a cutoff race but that's nascar for ya.

Anyway it should be a thriller, so enjoy it all.
                sigpic

Comment

Dang PA, I was going to make almost an identical post lol !
                  I tried to make my cut out picks but with Dega anything goes.
                  You're right PA, it ought to be full tilt bozo nutz !!
                  Perfect Sunday for no Broncos game !!!
                  ~~~
                  Edit:
                  Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                  Edwards
                  Kenseth
                  Newman
                  Kurt

A race late, but those are my four to be gone.

AZ, I was wondering if Kahne would blame Kyle for getting into the wall Sunday.

Both my Kyles went boom.

Definitely a cry baby history there.
                  Wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last.
                  He blamed Kyle at Darlington in 2013 and at Pocono in 2014 among many others.

Kahne after Darlington:
                  "This is his third time this year he has screwed up. ... If he would have just entered (the turn) like normal, the way he had entered the whole race, there would have been no issues. I would have been leading off (turn) two and he just didn't want that to happen, so he blew turn one. So whether he hit me or not, he still caused that whole deal with screwing up."
                  https://www.facebook.com/FarmersRaci...80839345283006

So funny. Since when has Kyle been "normal" ?

~~~

There will be only one Green/White Checker at Talledega today if needed.
                  NASCAR instituted a special rule change just for Dega.
                  One, not the three as usual, if necessary.
                  The rule change applies to the Trucks and Cup Cars.

So, all the drivers know there will be only one re-start.
                  If there is a Green/White Checker and…………..
                  If the yellow comes out on the only G/W Checker, that's the race.
                  If it turns out anything like the Trucks' G/W today.......
                  ~~~
                  Gordon got P1.
                  Truex goes to P43 for cutting below the yellow lines during quals.
                  PA, Tony got P12 !
                  Yay !!

Buckle up race fans !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                    Gordon wins one! Harvick doesn't win and gets eliminated! Keslowski, Newman and Dale Jr. are eliminated too.

I pretty much don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to NASCAR but those are my predictions.
                    So these are the drivers eliminated ... Ryan Newman, Hamlin, Earnhardt Jr. and Kenseth. Well I got 2 right (Newman and JR.) I was really hoping that Keselowski wouldn't make it either.
                    Sounds like some controversy with Harvick?

Just after the green flag dropped for the final restart, Kevin Harvick made contact with Trevor Bayne. Harvick's 15th-place result in the race put him seventh in the standings and a part of the final eight moving onto the third round of the Chase...
                    Frustration fueled questions about whether Harvick manipulated the finishing order to gain a berth in the Chase's third round. His No. 4 was ailing, and if the race had made it for the full G-W-C, he might have fallen too far back to make the cut.
                    No, Harvick wouldn't do that?? I wonder if Harvick thinks Bayne should go after him and try to start a fight?
                    sigpic

Comment

• I saw a view from Harvick's in-car camera. It really looks like it was intentional. Kind of hard to block someone when they're door to door with you.

We'll never know, though.

I was very impressed with JRs attitude. He seems to be in a good place.

Glad Gordon, Truex and Kyle made it.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                        I saw a view from Harvick's in-car camera. It really looks like it was intentional. Kind of hard to block someone when they're door to door with you.

We'll never know, though.

I was very impressed with JRs attitude. He seems to be in a good place.

Glad Gordon, Truex and Kyle made it.
                        I haven't been watching this year, but my dad was telling me about it....It made me lose some respect for Happy to be honest...

Pulling for Joey to win it all!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Nascar has released the 2016 schedule...next to nothing has changed!

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...homestead.html

NASCAR released the 2016 schedules for two of its three national series Monday without -- as expected -- any major overhauls going forward. The most significant development, though, doesn't relate to change at all, but an added layer of continuity built in for tracks.

NASCAR announced that it has reached sanctioning agreements with its host race tracks for the next five years. That means the 23 facilities that host Sprint Cup events and the 24 tracks that serve as XFINITY Series venues will remain locked in as a part of the NASCAR calendar through 2020.

According to an official release, NASCAR and the tracks will work to determine each venue's place on the calendar in the year 2017 and beyond. The sanctioning agreement also does not preclude additional tracks from joining the Sprint Cup schedule, though such a development would likely require a more dramatic alteration to the calendar structure. The premier-series schedule has stood at a modern-era maximum of 36 races since 2001.

The Camping World Truck Series' 2016 schedule will be released at a later date.

The Sprint Cup season kicks off Saturday, Feb. 13 with the non-points Sprint Unlimited race at Daytona International Speedway, which will greet fans with a new look as the Daytona Rising project comes to fruition. The Can-Am Duels follow on Thursday, Feb. 18 with Daytona Speedweeks culminating in the Great American Race, the Daytona 500, scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 21.

The fan-favorite Southern 500 throwback race on Labor Day weekend will return, as will the popular NASCAR Goes West three-race swing in March. The western sweep starts March 6 with a stop in Las Vegas, followed by Phoenix on March 13 and Auto Club on March 20.

Among the notable changes for 2016:

• Keeping the Coca-Cola 600 on Memorial Day weekend, which is as late as it can be this year, moves Dover up in the 2016 schedule, to May 15, the Sunday before the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race in Charlotte.

• Bristol Motor Speedway is adding a college football border war to its schedule this year, featuring Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee on Sept. 10. To accommodate the .533-mile oval's transformation from race track to football venue, the annual Bristol night race is on Saturday, Aug. 20. That shifts Michigan back a week to Sunday, Aug. 28.

• Pocono adds a NASCAR XFINITY Series race for the first time in 2016. The 250-mile race is set for Saturday, June 4, part of a race weekend with the Sprint Cup Series' Axalta "We Paint Winners" 400 on June 5.

• Chicagoland Speedway, which hosted two XFINITY races annually from 2011-15, will host just one event for the series in 2016.

• Daytona's annual event in early July returns to a Saturday night event after a rain-plagued edition on a Sunday night this season.

• Richmond's first doubleheader weekend of the season in April will now be spread over a Saturday-Sunday schedule instead of Friday-Saturday.

The 2016 schedule features two off weeks in addition to the Easter holiday, so Sprint Cup racing will go quiet March 27, June 19 and Aug. 14 next year.

The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup field again will be determined at Richmond on Sept. 10, with the 10 races from the 2015 postseason reappearing in the same order in the 2016 Chase. Elimination races are scheduled to take place at Dover, Talladega and Phoenix again next year.

The Sprint Cup Series will crown its 2016 champion at Homestead-Miami finale Sunday, Nov. 20, one day after the XFINITY finale at the south Florida track.
                          sigpic

Comment

• So outside of the first richmond race moving to sunday afternoon, dover moving up a few weeks & july daytona race moving back to sat. night, there is really nothing at all different with this dam schedule.

And what's worse is the part in bold...that for the most part means there will be no new tracks or races for at least the next 5 years unless a track with 2 dates would lose one.. what is nascars problem?

All this talk about adding another road course was just hogwash, same old same old stupid tracks & nothing at all changing with the chase dates. nascar is so stupid i swear!

They have no problem changing everything else under the sun over the years like the points format, the chase, the rules package, qualifying, the restart zone & rules etc. etc. i could go on & on....oh but god forbid we mess with this awesome schedule :hammer:
                            sigpic

Comment

• I hope Martin Truex, Jr. wins it all!! Guy deserves it not just for his driving, but what he does off the track too.

Represent Denver and Furniture Row to win it all!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
                              Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
                              Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
                              Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
                              I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                                I hope Martin Truex, Jr. wins it all!! Guy deserves it not just for his driving, but what he does off the track too.

Represent Denver and Furniture Row to win it all!!
                                I really want Gordon to win the championship since this is his last year, but I'm still pulling for Truex. Small team, based outside of Charlotte equals ultimate underdog. When I think in terms that Gordon has already won championships and who knows if the #78 can do this again, I end up leaning more for Truex.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
                                X