No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am very excited for Sunday. On a side note, I think the commericals in the Daytona 500 are better then the ones during the Super Bowl
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

Comment

• Congrats Matt!!!!!!

Jack Roush gets his first Daytona 500 wins.

sigpic

Comment

• The Daytona 500 is like the Super Bowl I've heard.. the SB for Nascar.

What in the hell kind of championship ends due to rain? At least make the rest of the race up another day....

Damn..

Comment

• Originally posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
          The Daytona 500 is like the Super Bowl I've heard.. the SB for Nascar.

What in the hell kind of championship ends due to rain? At least make the rest of the race up another day....

Damn..
          No, the Super Bowl is the Daytona 500 of the NFL.

If the Race had not reached lap 100 they would have made up the race another day.

Also the Daytona does not detimin the Sprint Cup Champion, so you question is an invalid one. Think of how many Baseball games have ened due to weather.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            No, the Super Bowl is the Daytona 500 of the NFL.

If the Race had not reached lap 100 they would have made up the race another day.

Also the Daytona does not detimin the Sprint Cup Champion, so you question is an invalid one. Think of how many Baseball games have ened due to weather.
            I know a baseball championship game has NEVER ended due to bad weather....

Comment

I know a baseball championship game has NEVER ended due to bad weather....
              Neither has a race that will decide a NASCAR CAR CHAMPION. The Daytona is not what decides the Sprit Cup title. It never has and it never will.

The Reason the say it is "The Super Bowl" of Nascar, is because it is the biggest event of the year in NASCAR racing. Just like the Super Bowl is the Biggest event in football.

To a certian degree it is just a race, it does not influence the Sprint Cup winner more then any other race. That is why I mentioned a regular season baseball game being rained out.

And you are VERY wrong about a Champoinship game being played till there is a winner. In the first ever World Series a game ended in a tie.

sigpic

Comment

Neither has a race that will decide a NASCAR CAR CHAMPION. The Daytona is not what decides the Sprit Cup title. It never has and it never will.

The Reason the say it is "The Super Bowl" of Nascar, is because it is the biggest event of the year in NASCAR racing. Just like the Super Bowl is the Biggest event in football.

To a certian degree it is just a race, it does not influence the Sprint Cup winner more then any other race. That is why I mentioned a regular season baseball game being rained out.

And you are VERY wrong about a Champoinship game being played till there is a winner. In the first ever World Series a game ended in a tie.
                Whaat? How can a game end in a tie? So who was a champion? Did they play again to decide the champion for that series?

Comment

Whaat? How can a game end in a tie? So who was a champion? Did they play again to decide the champion for that series?

It was not the 1903 World Series that had a game end in a tie, I cannot remember which one it was but I do know it has happend. Baseball games used to end in ties all the time. they where called on account of darkness, and weather.

The rules had to be changed this years DURING a World Series game to make sure the Phillys did not win it in a rain shorted game.

But my main point is the Daytona does NOT determin a Championship in anyway shape or form. Say that out loud for me so I know you understand it.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm becoming more unhappy with NASCAR. I still love racing, but...

Someone gets penalized on Saturday (NW) for rough driving. But Jr doesn't on Sunday? Even his fan club president (Waltrip) was saying Jr did a no-no.

And what happened to the rule that if NASCAR gives a driver lap penalties (Jr for pitting outside the box. The one that Jr says needs to be changed), they cannot get a Lucky Dog to get their lap back. Guess who got the Lucky Dog?

I think NASCAR wants Jr to get the Championship this year.

I waited this long to post this, thinking I'd cool down by now.

I like Jr. He's on one of my Stock Car teams (which he took 3 of them out). But, NASCAR needs to play fair.
                    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                      I'm becoming more unhappy with NASCAR. I still love racing, but...

Someone gets penalized on Saturday (NW) for rough driving. But Jr doesn't on Sunday? Even his fan club president (Waltrip) was saying Jr did a no-no.

And what happened to the rule that if NASCAR gives a driver lap penalties (Jr for pitting outside the box. The one that Jr says needs to be changed), they cannot get a Lucky Dog to get their lap back. Guess who got the Lucky Dog?

I think NASCAR wants Jr to get the Championship this year.

I waited this long to post this, thinking I'd cool down by now.

I like Jr. He's on one of my Stock Car teams (which he took 3 of them out). But, NASCAR needs to play fair.

I agree. In fact I think they need to do more then just give lap penalties. I think if you purposely put someone in the wall, you finish LAST. If there are 43 drivers you finish 44 reguardless of when it happens.

sigpic

Comment

• Congats to Kyle Bush for winning both the Trucks race and the Nationwide race today in Cali no one has ever won two races in the same day on the sametrack. He starts 10th tomorrow so he could pull off the triple crown.

It is a crying shame he is doning it in a Toyota.

sigpic

Comment

Congats to Kyle Bush for winning both the Trucks race and the Nationwide race today in Cali no one has ever won two races in the same day on the sametrack. He starts 10th tomorrow so he could pull off the triple crown.

It is a crying shame he is doning it in a Toyota.
                          Hey, some of us like Toyota.

It'd be great if he won tomorrow. He's also on one of my teams and I sure do need the help.
                          Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

It'd be great if he won tomorrow. He's also on one of my teams and I sure do need the help.
                            Sorry about that. I am just a purist. I do not want "forgein" cars in NASCAR.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry about that. I am just a purist. I do not want "forgein" cars in NASCAR.
                              Get used to it Southie.

Besides, I don't think that there is a major US production car that is built without foreign parts.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

What happened to Skinner ?

He was running 3rd with 6 laps to go, I went out to the kitchen and when I came back he was down a lap !

???

I do NOT like the new pit stop system for the trucks !
                                What a cluster !

Oh well, here's to a good one tonight !
                                I hope that Jr can hit his pit box.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X