Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by jwptexas View Post
    Who is Truex driving for next year?
    Furniture Row and with a Toyota.

    Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

    Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!



    sigpic

    Comment


    • Why the change of manufacture?

      Comment


      • .



        We welcome all race fans and while don't always have to agree, we usually set the facts straight.

        I was pulling for the Gordon dream finish.

        I have to give Kyle credit for fighting through multiple injuries from that very hard Xfinity crash.
        Ironically, Erik Jones' #20 got into the 54; Kyle hit that concrete wall at Daytona, 21 February.
        One of the silver linings from that crash; every NASCAR track increased their SAFER barriers.

        Kyle fought through rehab and earned his way back in the Chase against the odds.
        Kyle raced with a vengeance and made his way in with points like all the rest.

        Congrats to Kyle on the Cup Championship and way to go Erik Jones, winning the Trucks for Kyle !

        :clap:

        NEXT STOP: Speed Week at Daytona International Speedway !
        Usually the 2nd week of February, about a week after the Super Bowl !!!


        .

        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

        Comment


        • I really thought Gordon was going to walk off into the sunset with his 5th championship. They hyped the heck out of it! I'll miss him being out there.

          Erik Jones winning was awesome and so was Chris Buecher(sp?) Classy move by Kyle Larson after winning the race to just pull off and not celebrate. Larson sure was making that high line work all weekend!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by jwptexas View Post
            Why the change of manufacture?
            They weren't getting enough money from Chevy and with Toyota losing MWR, they have more money to spend on a team after the Gibbs cars
            sigpic

            2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

            Comment


            • The awards banquet airs tonight. I hope they have a nice tribute for Gordon.
              Administrator

              Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

              Lupus Awareness

              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

              Comment


              • Can't believe he has done it again....oh wait, YES I CAN!! Unbelievable is all i can say about this. The man likes to live on the edge i guess & that's entirely his business but, this close to the start of your final season?

                Seriously? :brick: I'm disappointed by this news but in all honesty, i'm not really upset about it because it has become commonplace for these things the past couple years.

                What a shame for him to go out this way after everything that has happened, but it is really all self inflicted

                http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...date-2016.html

                Stewart-Haas Racing announced Thursday that three-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart will miss the start of the 2016 Sprint Cup Series season after suffering severe back injuries Sunday in an all-terrain vehicle accident.

                According to Stewart-Haas officials, no timetable has been set for Stewart to resume competition, but he is expected to make a full recovery and return to the driver's seat of his No. 14 Chevrolet this season. No interim driver was named.

                The SHR team provided more information about his status Thursday, two days after releasing an initial report about the nature of his injuries. Stewart, 44, was scheduled to begin his final full season in NASCAR's premier series in the Daytona 500 on Feb. 21 (1 p.m. ET, FOX).

                According to the team release, Stewart suffered a burst fracture of his first lumbar (L1) vertebra -- the uppermost bone in the lower back -- in the Sunday afternoon accident on the West Coast. The incident came one day after the driver attended the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction in Scottsdale, Arizona.

                Stewart was evaluated at a local hospital and was awake, alert and able to move all extremities, according to the SHR release. He was flown back to the Charlotte, North Carolina area Tuesday evening and admitted to a local hospital. Stewart underwent surgery Wednesday, according to the team.

                Dr. Jerry Punch, a longtime motorsports analyst for ESPN with a degree in medicine, told SiriusXM NASCAR Radio on Thursday afternoon that each case is treated individually when determining a timetable for recovery.

                "These kind of burst fractures, bone fragments can penetrate the spinal cord and you can have all kinds of other issues unless you're lucky, and apparently he was, which we're all thankful for," Punch told SiriusXM.

                A burst fracture in the spine occurs when an extreme load is placed on the vertebra, causing an immediate and severe compression. The most frequent cause is severe trauma, such as a vehicle accident or a fall from a height.

                Among the races Stewart is expected to miss is the season-opening Daytona 500. Barring a return to premier-series competition after 2016, Stewart will likely finish his elite career 0-for-17 in The Great American Race at Daytona International Speedway, a track where he's won 19 times -- including Daytona 500 qualifying races, the Sprint Unlimited exhibition and two International Race of Champions (IROC) events.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  Can't believe he has done it again....oh wait, YES I CAN!! Unbelievable is all i can say about this. The man likes to live on the edge i guess & that's entirely his business but, this close to the start of your final season?

                  Seriously? :brick: I'm disappointed by this news but in all honesty, i'm not really upset about it because it has become commonplace for these things the past couple years.

                  What a shame for him to go out this way after everything that has happened, but it is really all self inflicted

                  http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...date-2016.html
                  I hope he's okay. Sounds painful.

                  Maybe he'll make 2017 his last year?
                  Administrator

                  Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

                  Lupus Awareness

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I hope he's okay. Sounds painful.

                    Maybe he'll make 2017 his last year?
                    I don't see that happening...he has already said he thought about calling it quits after last season & only decided on one more year for his fans & also bowyer coming over for 2017.

                    I was getting excited for one last shot at the daytona 500 & well that has gone up in smoke

                    I will still watch the 500 but it won't be the same now. Whatever...it is what it is & i'm not gonna get all bummed because right now all i care about is winning this dam super bowl!!
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      I don't see that happening...he has already said he thought about calling it quits after last season & only decided on one more year for his fans & also bowyer coming over for 2017.

                      I was getting excited for one last shot at the daytona 500 & well that has gone up in smoke

                      I will still watch the 500 but it won't be the same now. Whatever...it is what it is & i'm not gonna get all bummed because right now all i care about is winning this dam super bowl!!
                      Maybe he can go on a Kyle Busch like winning streak (or at least win one race lol). Sucks for Tony because it sounded like he was putting a lot of effort into getting into better shape for this season and then this happens. Mark Martin said on twitter he won't be filling in lol (btw, Mark looks his age now, wow lol)
                      sigpic

                      2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

                      Comment


                      • .



                        The new NASCAR Overtime rule was instituted in part because of the wild GWC finish at Talladega and a couple of other races last year.

                        Tonight's Sprint Unlimited race went into "overtime".

                        I thought I understood the new NASCAR Overtime rule to say that if the car in the lead crosses the halfway mark, which is an extension of the start/finish directly across the track, before the caution comes out then that car is declared the winner and the race is over.

                        If the leader does not reach the halfway mark before the yellow, they restart.
                        There will be as many restarts as necessary until the lead car passes the halfway mark before a caution.

                        Well Denny did cross the halfway mark before the caution came out.

                        Prior to that yellow, there were many consecutive crashes.
                        I watched one after another and the green lights stayed on.
                        Cars were spinning out of control all over the track and finally the yellow came on.
                        Why didn't the caution come out right after the first crash ?

                        Maybe I am misinterpreting the new NASCAR Overtime rule.
                        All these new rules will take some getting used to.

                        Glad that no one was seriously injured tonight.
                        Quals tomorrow, on to the Duals, 500 next Sunday !

                        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                          .



                          The new NASCAR Overtime rule was instituted in part because of the wild GWC finish at Talladega and a couple of other races last year.

                          Tonight's Sprint Unlimited race went into "overtime".

                          I thought I understood the new NASCAR Overtime rule to say that if the car in the lead crosses the halfway mark, which is an extension of the start/finish directly across the track, before the caution comes out then that car is declared the winner and the race is over.

                          If the leader does not reach the halfway mark before the yellow, they restart.
                          There will be as many restarts as necessary until the lead car passes the halfway mark before a caution.

                          Well Denny did cross the halfway mark before the caution came out.

                          Prior to that yellow, there were many consecutive crashes.
                          I watched one after another and the green lights stayed on.
                          Cars were spinning out of control all over the track and finally the yellow came on.
                          Why didn't the caution come out right after the first crash ?

                          Maybe I am misinterpreting the new NASCAR Overtime rule.
                          All these new rules will take some getting used to.

                          Glad that no one was seriously injured tonight.
                          Quals tomorrow, on to the Duals, 500 next Sunday !
                          First part in bold & if i'm understanding it through your eyes AZ...the rule is not saying that once the leader crosses the halfway mark on the track that it's over but at that point it becomes an official restart & thus an "official race" & there will be no more restarts once they reach that line.

                          Best way to look at it is this...same as in the past applies here in the way that they still are trying to have the field take the green, white & then checker, only real difference i see is that in the past they had to make it back to the start finish line & take the white to be an official race that could end under caution & now they just need to make it halfway around or wherever that line happens to be at each track.

                          Also in the past they would give then up to 3 attempts to reach a finish & now it's unlimited, so if they continue to crash & have cautions before reaching that line....well in theory they could be there all night.

                          Now onto the second part i bolded & i think that is where the problem is & perhaps why you got confused? IMO was a classic case of nascar pushing the limits & trying to let them go as far as possible before throwing the yellow & thank god they didn't let them come all the way back around because as you said there was cars crashed all over & it could have got ugly if they raced back to the start finish line.

                          It really is just nascars inconsistency with these rules & how they apply them & it seems to have been that way for a long time, they seem to just go with whatever they feel like at the time.

                          Anyway, racing is back & we should have another interesting season...tough break for vickers & the #14 team, seemed like he had a fast car but it just seems like no matter who is in that car they just can't catch a break...hope he does well in the 500.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • .



                            Thanks PA.
                            I get it now, once the lead car crosses the halfway mark, it is an "official" restart.
                            That make some sense. I'm sure we'll see more mid-season rule changes
                            So, potentially, the car in the lead at that time could get passed before the checker.
                            As for the second bold, you're right again as usual PA ! :wink:

                            Another rule change we saw Sunday was he "no group quals" new rule.
                            I love that one, hope that it's not just for super tracks.


                            Yyesterday, young Chase Elliot in the 24 car made his dad proud !
                            I'm happy for the kid and it seemed like Jeff was also.
                            Good to see Jeff in the booth, hope that he stays around for a long while.

                            With the 24 P1 and the 20 P2, the Duals Thurs night will determine the remainder of the field.
                            Glad these cars are getting plenty of track time.

                            Can't wait for Sunday !
                            Before you know it, the Broncos will be playing again !!!

                            May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                            Comment


                            • I hate the new rule. HATE IT. Im going to be furious on Sunday if Im sitting in the stand at the 500 and theres a restart at the very end and theres a wreck on the first lap in Turn 3 and its then over.
                              Denver Broncos
                              New York Yankees
                              New York Knicks
                              Colorado Avalanche


                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                                I hate the new rule. HATE IT. Im going to be furious on Sunday if Im sitting in the stand at the 500 and theres a restart at the very end and theres a wreck on the first lap in Turn 3 and its then over.
                                I get what you are saying & in all honesty i don't know if it was such a good idea either, but i guess after the mess that occurred at talladega they had to do something.

                                So perhaps nascar says: we are between a rock & a hard place with the G-W-C rules when you say you need to get back to start finish line to be official but at the same time can have a caution come out before even getting to turn one & have that has your attempt that ends the race.

                                So they split it down the middle...yes shortened the distance you must reach to be official but at the same time said there will be no more races end on a quick caution on a restart like at dega.

                                Edit: the other thing to keep in mind was why the mess happened at dega...because they were only allowing 1 attempt at G-W-C & now there is no limit
                                Last edited by BroncosFanInPA; 02-16-2016, 05:25 PM.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X