No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I'm not an avid NASCAR fan and had never covered it until recently, but here's a story I wrote recently here in Las Vegas. It's mainly about Vegas local Kurt Busch but I also talked with Brad Keslowski, Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth. They were doing tire testing out here before the season starts and it was pretty cool to get down on the track around the cars, and I will be covering the NASCAR race when they com me out here later in the year.

Anyways, here is a link to the story and a couple pictures of me interviewing Matt Kenseth.

http://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2016/j...s-vegas-speed/

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      I get what you are saying & in all honesty i don't know if it was such a good idea either, but i guess after the mess that occurred at talladega they had to do something.

So perhaps nascar says: we are between a rock & a hard place with the G-W-C rules when you say you need to get back to start finish line to be official but at the same time can have a caution come out before even getting to turn one & have that has your attempt that ends the race.

So they split it down the middle...yes shortened the distance you must reach to be official but at the same time said there will be no more races end on a quick caution on a restart like at dega.

Edit: the other thing to keep in mind was why the mess happened at dega...because they were only allowing 1 attempt at G-W-C & now there is no limit
      At tracks like Michigan, Fontana, and especially Daytona and Talledega, the take an entire lap to get up to full speed. Having the race end before the cars even reach full speed potential is just stupid in my opinion.

Why not make the new rule be applied to the White Flag lap instead of the Restart Lap? That will at least insure that the cars can go around the track 1 full time.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• SO bummed for MTJ. He deserved that race too. Didn't have to have someone push him too. With a backup start and car, seems to me he is the better driver.

Screw Hamlin and Harvick!

GO MARTIN TRUEX, JR!!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
        Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
        Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
        Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
        I still miss you Jake Plummer!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
          Anyways, here is a link to the story and a couple pictures of me interviewing Matt Kenseth.
          Kenseth almost won the thing. He got a little flustered down at the end of the race.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac

sigpic

Comment

• What a finish! thought truex had it, but in the end the best car all day won the race...those toyotas were really tough & they worked so well together & clearly they had a plan in place & stuck to it.

It was however disappointing in a way to watch the top line not be able to do anything all day & just stall out or maybe it was just how dominate those toyos were on the bottom... not used to seeing that at a daytona race.

One more thing i noticed that seemed a bit unusual at least to me, is the fact that it seemed very difficult for guys at the back to make their way back up front, certainly much different than talladega races where you could come from the back to the front in a matter of 2 or 3 laps.
            sigpic

Comment

What a finish! thought truex had it, but in the end the best car all day won the race...those toyotas were really tough & they worked so well together & clearly they had a plan in place & stuck to it.

It was however disappointing in a way to watch the top line not be able to do anything all day & just stall out or maybe it was just how dominate those toyos were on the bottom... not used to seeing that at a daytona race.

One more thing i noticed that seemed a bit unusual at least to me, is the fact that it seemed very difficult for guys at the back to make their way back up front, certainly much different than talladega races where you could come from the back to the front in a matter of 2 or 3 laps.
              Truex came all the way from the back and did it with a backup car. It's all about the driver. SO gutted for him that he didn't win. Came so close to winning it all last year, then to lose Daytona by .01 second. I feel for the man.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
                Truex came all the way from the back and did it with a backup car. It's all about the driver. SO gutted for him that he didn't win. Came so close to winning it all last year, then to lose Daytona by .01 second. I feel for the man.
                i understand the connection here for you with truex & the 78 team being based out of denver & rooting for him which is totally cool & i like martin, he is a good guy but with that being said...

i would hope that you realize that at daytona & talledega it's really not much about the driver at all & you are sadly mistaken if you think truex drove all the way to the front without help or being pushed...that is simply not how it works at restrictor plate races.

you rely so much on those around you & have very little control of things, it's all about who can push the best that helps you stay out front
                sigpic

Comment

i understand the connection here for you with truex & the 78 team being based out of denver & rooting for him which is totally cool & i like martin, he is a good guy but with that being said...

i would hope that you realize that at daytona & talledega it's really not much about the driver at all & you are sadly mistaken if you think truex drove all the way to the front without help or being pushed...that is simply not how it works at restrictor plate races.

you rely so much on those around you & have very little control of things, it's all about who can push the best that helps you stay out front
                  I do like him for this reason, but not this reason alone. The guy is a class act and his story with his wife is compelling. My sister passed away from cancer in June of 2014. His wife had a form of the same cancer. I root for people like that. I enjoy him and what he does for the community and cancer research.

Martin came so close to winning it all last year, and now this. That must suck for him. But, we are used to that crap here in Denver. Getting so close then nothing. This year is different for the Broncos and hopefully him. In the world of pro athletes doing dirty, this man deserves the praises.

Martin is different, he is genuine, he is a class act. People should root for him and look up to him.

sigpic

Comment

• Martin Truex Jr. "Sorry, Denver. But we gave it our best shot to have NASCAR's most prestigious trophy join the Broncos' Super Bowl trophy in the Mile High City."

sigpic

Comment

Some wild stuff at Daytona !

Congrats to Johnny Sauter !
                      Hard to believe it was the first Chevy Truck win ever at Daytona !
                      Glad to see Christopher Bell walk away. Wow !

Congrats to Chase on the Sprint Cup P1 and holding off Joey for the NXS win.

Amazing how similar Jr's and Chase's spin outs were in the 500.

Actually, the Duals were a great prelude to the 500.
                      In the first Dual, Jr and Denny battled it out.
                      Those two cars were awesome.
                      In the second Dual, Toyo teamwork dominated with Kyle taking the win.

When all those Toyos got together in the 500, it was all over.
                      JGR and TRD, again, are way ahead of the rest of the teams.

The 88 was the only car that had a chance to challenge Hamlin.
                      Jr worked hard to get back up to the front then got too aggressive.

Congrats to Denny on his Daytona Sprint Cup win !!

On to Atlanta !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Some wild stuff at Daytona !

Congrats to Johnny Sauter !
                        Hard to believe it was the first Chevy Truck win ever at Daytona !
                        Glad to see Christopher Bell walk away. Wow !

Congrats to Chase on the Sprint Cup P1 and holding off Joey for the NXS win.

Amazing how similar Jr's and Chase's spin outs were in the 500.

Actually, the Duals were a great prelude to the 500.
                        In the first Dual, Jr and Denny battled it out.
                        Those two cars were awesome.
                        In the second Dual, Toyo teamwork dominated with Kyle taking the win.

When all those Toyos got together in the 500, it was all over.
                        JGR and TRD, again, are way ahead of the rest of the teams.

The 88 was the only car that had a chance to challenge Hamlin.
                        Jr worked hard to get back up to the front then got too aggressive.

Congrats to Denny on his Daytona Sprint Cup win !!

On to Atlanta !!!
                        Fun week.

What do you all think about the Caution Clock in the Truck series? Last week it didn't come into play. It did today.

I knew it would eventually happen but not too pleased that the Chase format went to all series. I didn't think they needed it.
                        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                          Fun week.

What do you all think about the Caution Clock in the Truck series? Last week it didn't come into play. It did today.

I knew it would eventually happen but not too pleased that the Chase format went to all series. I didn't think they needed it.
                          The caution clock yellow comes out after 20 green laps or starts over after every caution.
                          I'm going to have to defer judgement on that particular new rule until the season progresses.
                          There's some pros and cons but it could fit into a lot of the crew chiefs' strategy plans.

The new rules involving hp, aero, down-force etc over the past few years can be confusing.
                          One thing for sure is that JGR and TRD have made amazing strides in spite of the changes.
                          They really look like they've been doing their homework again this season.
                          Seems to me that TRD is willing to put in more off season effort than Ford or Chevy.

Yeah Peanut, I was surprised that the Trucks and Xfinity went to the Chase format.
                          I would rather see the old Winston Cup point system for all of them lol.
                          I'd rather see them fight for points until the end than have non-Chase drivers causing yellows.
                          Guess the Chase format makes more money for NASCAR.

Congrats to Kyle for his Xfinity win today !
                          Here's to a good one tomorrow !!

Comment

RGR looked real strong here today at the quals for Sunday's Sprint Car race.
                            P1: Kyle
                            P2: Carl
                            P3: Denny

Most of the Chevys had a BAD day

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

RGR looked real strong here today at the quals for Sunday's Sprint Car race.
                              P1: Kyle
                              P2: Carl
                              P3: Denny

Most of the Chevys had a BAD day

Just finished watching quals. What an odd day for the 5 and 48.

IndyCar starts tomorrow!

Oh, and I love the ads in your previous post.
                              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• WOW! What an awesome finish & nice job by both harvick & edwards to not wreck each other :clap:

Best driver/car won the race & dam is harvick crazy good at that track, he dominated the second half & to hold carl off when he had the 2 fresh tires, just super impressive.

Harvick now has 8 wins there & they may want to consider renaming the track to Harick International Raceway
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X