No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the throw-back schemes and the stories that go with them. There's an Orange Crush car.
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Love the throw-back schemes and the stories that go with them. There's an Orange Crush car.

Tony’s ride at Darlington

Jeff Gordon’s ride at Darlington

Matt Kenseth’s ride at Darlington.

( Nice to see the old Tide machine !!! )

Jr, 1984

Jr, 1985
      Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 09-04-2016, 03:53 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Tony age 8 helping Mom at Powder Puff Race

Tony age 10, 1981

Tony, 1983

Denny Hamlin

Elliot Sadler
        Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 09-04-2016, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Chase Elliot and Bill

Chase Elliot, 2002

Chase Elliot

AJ Allmendinger with father Greg

Danika with Grandma

Comment

Kyle Larson

Kyle Larson

Kyle Larson

Ryan Newman, 1984

Ryan Newman

Comment

Kevin Harvick age 3, 1978

Kevin Harvick

Kyle and Kurt

Martin Truex Jr.

Martin Truex Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                Love the throw-back schemes and the stories that go with them. There's an Orange Crush car.

(Photos courtesy of NASCAR.com)

Comment

• Thanks for posting all the pictures, AZ. Love the ones when they were kids.

Just finished watching the truck race. I'm basically a pacifist. I break up fights between dogs, people and ducks. But...Nemechek deserved that tackle. And we should sign Custer for the D.
                  Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• What a complete jerk newman is for the things he said about tony when it was him that kept running into tony & expect him to just take it & to say some of the most disrespectful things i think i have ever heard!

Calling tony bipolar? Seriously? what the hell is your problem? He brought you into his organization from it's inception & that is how you are gonna talk about him? Maybe you have a problem with being let go? I don't know, but things he said & how he conducted himself, were completely out of line & to see tony take the high road when told what newman said about him...that just made newman look all the more of a jerk!
                    sigpic

Comment

Making the Chase.
                      Congrats to these drivers
                      (In no particular order):

Kevin Harvick
                      Brad Keselowski
                      Joey Logano
                      Denny Hamlin
                      Carl Edwards
                      Kyle Busch
                      Kurt Busch
                      Martin Truex Jr.
                      Matt Kenseth
                      Jimmie Johnson
                      Kyle Larson
                      Tony Stewart
                      Chris Buescher
                      Chase Elliott
                      Austin Dillon
                      and Jamie McMurray.

I don't see Ryan Newman but I do see
                      3 Fords,
                      5 Toyos
                      and 8 Chevys !!

The Chase begins with The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 400 at Chicagoland next Sunday !!

May the best team make it to the checker in Homestead on Sunday 20 November 2016 !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        What a complete jerk newman is for the things he said about tony when it was him that kept running into tony & expect him to just take it & to say some of the most disrespectful things i think i have ever heard!

Calling tony bipolar? Seriously? what the hell is your problem? He brought you into his organization from it's inception & that is how you are gonna talk about him? Maybe you have a problem with being let go? I don't know, but things he said & how he conducted himself, were completely out of line & to see tony take the high road when told what newman said about him...that just made newman look all the more of a jerk!
                        Newman can call Tony a jerk, an idiot and whatever else he wants, but when he mentioned him being back in a Sprint car and anger issues and all that, that was dirty fighting, a low blow.

My daughter had some NASCAR app on her phone, listening to Gordon's radio. Gordon said that Newman was chopping the corner the whole race and getting into everyone. He wasn't surprised that he was involved in an accident.

Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Making the Chase.
                        Congrats to these drivers
                        (In no particular order):

Kevin Harvick
                        Brad Keselowski
                        Joey Logano
                        Denny Hamlin
                        Carl Edwards
                        Kyle Busch
                        Kurt Busch
                        Martin Truex Jr.
                        Matt Kenseth
                        Jimmie Johnson
                        Kyle Larson
                        Tony Stewart
                        Chris Buescher
                        Chase Elliott
                        Austin Dillon
                        and Jamie McMurray.

I don't see Ryan Newman but I do see
                        3 Fords,
                        5 Toyos
                        and 8 Chevys !!

The Chase begins with The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle 400 at Chicagoland next Sunday !!

May the best team make it to the checker in Homestead on Sunday 20 November 2016 !!!
                        Congrats to the drivers and teams!

Some rookies, some first timers. Nice mix.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Man, Kyle Larson was coming at the end. Had Hamlin not had such a great restart, Larson would have no doubt given Hamlin a fight for the win.
                          Denver Broncos
                          New York Yankees
                          New York Knicks
                          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Ok boys & girls now that the chase is upon us, how bout some predictions...who do you have as the first 4 out & who is your favorites to make the final 4?

First 4 out

1. Buescher - can't see them gaining near enough points to advance
                            2. Elliott - i think lack of experience & pressure will be a factor
                            3. Dillon - same as above & lack of consistency
                            4. Tough call here...either going with McMurray or shocker pick - Johnson & you may be saying the 48? seriously? well here is why...

McMurray has been running very well the past month & the 48 car has been completely off it's game for several months & i know jimmie & chad always turn it on come chase time but something seems different this time...we shall see.

Now my final 4

1. Harvick - very strong year again...should have at least 6 wins or more
                            2. Truex - much like harvick, super strong & should also have more wins
                            3. Kyle Busch - he is he champ & has a bunch of wins this season & gibbs is killing it across the board
                            4. another tough call for me...my heart wants to say Smoke but my head says Larson - tony was on a really strong stretch for a couple months & was consistent but the past few weeks have been ugly & i think has taken him out of rhythm...

Larson finally got his win & is looking really good & i think more wins are to come now & he has the youth factor in his third season...should be fun to watch how it all plays out.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              Ok boys & girls now that the chase is upon us, how bout some predictions...who do you have as the first 4 out & who is your favorites to make the final 4?

First 4 out

1. Buescher - can't see them gaining near enough points to advance
                              2. Elliott - i think lack of experience & pressure will be a factor
                              3. Dillon - same as above & lack of consistency
                              4. Tough call here...either going with McMurray or shocker pick - Johnson & you may be saying the 48? seriously? well here is why...

McMurray has been running very well the past month & the 48 car has been completely off it's game for several months & i know jimmie & chad always turn it on come chase time but something seems different this time...we shall see.

Now my final 4

1. Harvick - very strong year again...should have at least 6 wins or more
                              2. Truex - much like harvick, super strong & should also have more wins
                              3. Kyle Busch - he is he champ & has a bunch of wins this season & gibbs is killing it across the board
                              4. another tough call for me...my heart wants to say Smoke but my head says Larson - tony was on a really strong stretch for a couple months & was consistent but the past few weeks have been ugly & i think has taken him out of rhythm...

Larson finally got his win & is looking really good & i think more wins are to come now & he has the youth factor in his third season...should be fun to watch how it all plays out.
                              Your final 4 I couldn't argue with ... Larson has been very competitive since his win, can't rule out Kyle, he is just too competitive ... unfortunately. Harvick and Truex have been running in the top 5ish all season and both seem to have something go wrong keeping them from more wins but both are racing very well. I have to admit that Hamlin has also been very competitive but I won't be rooting for him. Again, I can't argue with your final 4; and I don't really dislike any of those drivers either.

The first 4 out? Buescher I think is the easy one. I think Smoke is out early maybe one of the first 4. McMurray has 1 top 5, he will likely be out early. #48 won't make it to the final 4 but he will get past the first round. I am rooting for Elliott and he has 13 top 10s, 7 in the top 5 ... I think he makes it past the first round. I think that leaves Dillon likely out early ... first round.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                                Your final 4 I couldn't argue with ... Larson has been very competitive since his win, can't rule out Kyle, he is just too competitive ... unfortunately. Harvick and Truex have been running in the top 5ish all season and both seem to have something go wrong keeping them from more wins but both are racing very well. I have to admit that Hamlin has also been very competitive but I won't be rooting for him. Again, I can't argue with your final 4; and I don't really dislike any of those drivers either.

The first 4 out? Buescher I think is the easy one. I think Smoke is out early maybe one of the first 4. McMurray has 1 top 5, he will likely be out early. #48 won't make it to the final 4 but he will get past the first round. I am rooting for Elliott and he has 13 top 10s, 7 in the top 5 ... I think he makes it past the first round. I think that leaves Dillon likely out early ... first round.
                                I just have a feeling they can't just flip a switch anymore...over the past 17 races the 48 has just 4 top ten's & finished 22nd or worse 7 times, but also has only led 51 total laps in those 17 races & that is unheard of for that team.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X