X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Peyton Manning will be driving the pace car for the 500!
    Should make Kyle Busch happy.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Peyton Manning will be driving the pace car for the 500!

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Well, the Clash today was...mixed.

Started off great. The high line was the better line but the bottom line was competitive too. The new package had these cars really moving around a lot...for about the first 40 laps. After that no one wanted to do anything but run single file along the top. Occasionally a car would pull out of line but no one would go with them so they'd fall back a few spots and get back in line. Kept waiting and waiting for guys to make a move as the laps winded down. With 20 to go, nothing, 15 to go, nothing, 10 to go, still nothing, 5 to go, nobody was making a move!!! No one made a move until a quarter way down the back stretch on the final lap. Guys stepped out of line, the bottom started moving, and then Kyle Larson kind of recklessly rear ended JJ, who was running 4th, and sent him into the wall. Along with JJ and Larson, Chase Elliot, Kyle Busch and a few other guys were caught up in the crash. From there on it was a 3 man run away of Keselowski, Logano, and Kurt Busch. The crash killed Kurt Busch's momentum towards the front as he lost all his push from behind. He finished 3rd and Logano didnt make any attempt to pass his teammate for the win.

With every single car in the Duals already guaranteed a spot in the 500, Thursday night probably wont be to crazy. Probably more of the same as what today was. With the way the cars were moving around today in the first 40 laps, the 500 should bring really good racing. I wouldnt be surprised if there are 2 Big Ones, nor would it surprise me if the final 25-30 laps of the 500 are riddled with cautions.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Congrats to Tony and Penny. Nice ring.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It's racing, what can I say.

Haven't caught up on all the rule changes. First few races should take care of that.

The "Danica Double". I really hope they don't hype it too much where it overshadows everything else. I was surprised that she announced that these would be her last two races without securing rides first. She still doesn't have one for Indy. Go Daddy should help, though.

I've been reading some Tweets from certain drivers. They're a fun bunch.
    It’s a great day for racing! Partly cloud yet a hot 75° degrees here at the track. Looking forward to seeing the racing that the new package brings.
    Watched the 500 quals today.
    Congrats to Alex Bowman in the 88 for P1 and Denny in the 11 for P2.
    Those are the only two with locked pole positions.
    All the rest will be determined by the duals this week.

Wow, maybe Hendrick Motorsports will be competitive again.
    Jimmy and 3 young kids.

I heard Jeff Gordon say Danika will run Indy backed by GoDaddy.
    I was able to figure out most of the driver, team and number swaps.
    I just didn't catch any of the new rule changes but I tuned in right as they started the 500 quals.

I won't get the Clash or the Duals 'cause I cut the cord but I will get the 500 next week.
    They'll probably go into all the new rules in depth then.
    Great to have NASCAR back, it'll get me through to our new Broncos season.
    I'm really impressed by the abundance of young and talented drivers.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    It’s a great day for racing! Partly cloud yet a hot 75° degrees here at the track. Looking forward to seeing the racing that the new package brings.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Congrats to Tony and Penny. Nice ring.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. It's racing, what can I say.

Haven't caught up on all the rule changes. First few races should take care of that.

The "Danica Double". I really hope they don't hype it too much where it overshadows everything else. I was surprised that she announced that these would be her last two races without securing rides first. She still doesn't have one for Indy. Go Daddy should help, though.

I've been reading some Tweets from certain drivers. They're a fun bunch.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

https://twitter.com/TonyStewart?ref_...ksgiving-photo

Tony Stewart

@TonyStewart

She said YES!
    4:00 PM - Nov 23, 2017

~~~

Congrats Tony and Penny !!!

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Congrats Truex you really deserved it this year. Best car just about every week

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Congrats Martin Very well deserved and very happy for him and his team.

Thanks Dale

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    Here's to Dale Jr!!!

One heck of a ride!

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    3 out of 4...not too bad

still sticking with truex to win it all but i wouldn't mind if harvick won again considering he drives for tony...

i just hope it doesn't have a bogus finsih like last year when the 48 got the win but had no business getting it because it was all carl edwards...perhaps that is why he walked away?
    You did good.

I'm happy with the winners of the Trucks and X. They were consistent during the whole season. Probably would have won it under the old rules.

One of the reasons why I want Truex. Plus they're a small team.

Three retirements. Well, one retirement and two "push-outs". Should be a lot of good stories tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    I have the first four out as Stenhouse, Dillion, McMurray & Kahne...& for the final four i have Truex (going on on limb there) Kyle Busch, Harvick & Larson

Truex will win it all
    3 out of 4...not too bad

still sticking with truex to win it all but i wouldn't mind if harvick won again considering he drives for tony...

i just hope it doesn't have a bogus finsih like last year when the 48 got the win but had no business getting it because it was all carl edwards...perhaps that is why he walked away?

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Well that was some crazy racing over the last 20-25 laps of the truck race...they were really almost 6 wide? :nono: with 5 trucks below the line...they had to know it would not end well :doh:
    When I first read your post, I hadn't seen the race. Gave me something to look forward to.

Currently I'm a mixture of sadness and excitement. Sadness because Sunday is the end for Jr, but excitement because I'll be there at the track to see it in person.
    Take it all in. Enjoy it.

There's so many tributes out there for him. It's going to be an emotional Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Currently I'm a mixture of sadness and excitement. Sadness because Sunday is the end for Jr, but excitement because I'll be there at the track to see it in person.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Well that was some crazy racing over the last 20-25 laps of the truck race...they were really almost 6 wide? :nono: with 5 trucks below the line...they had to know it would not end well :doh:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X