NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I just have a feeling they can't just flip a switch anymore...over the past 17 races the 48 has just 4 top ten's & finished 22nd or worse 7 times, but also has only led 51 total laps in those 17 races & that is unheard of for that team.
    They've done this almost every year. Like they're trying experimental things. Then when the Chase starts, they come out winning. Until last year. I think you're right. They broke the switch.

First out:

Buescher
    Dillon
    Johnson
    McMurray

I'll stick with I posted before for my final 4:

Kyle Busch
    Kyle Larson
    Stewart --- more for sentimental reasons
    Truex
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Ok boys & girls now that the chase is upon us, how bout some predictions...who do you have as the first 4 out & who is your favorites to make the final 4?
      Well, since you guys made your predictions, I'll take a stab at it before the first Chase Race gets underway.
      The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 at Chicagoland. Soon as you think you've heard it all.......lol.
      Turtles, really ?

First 4 out:

Buescher------- Fluke season...
      Dillon------------ He'll choke...
      Keselowski---- He'll try too hard...
      Kenseth-------- He's due for some more bad luck...

Final 4:

Harvick---He has been on a mission, very determined; has had great packages and team work.
      Larson----He has shown poise and great decision making beyond his years, hope Hendrick gives him good rides.
      Kyle-------He is just flat out crazy; he will win it all or crash and burn trying.
      Truex-----He has had a fantastic year. A Checker in Fla would be a storybook ending for Martin and Sherry.

Final Wild Cards:
      :
      Chase Elliot: This kid has what it takes, I think that he will make it further than most expect.
      Tony Stewart: I would love to see Smoke ride off into the sunset with a Championship !!!

*Unknown Factors:
      I say this every year, so here I go again. I don't mean to be doom and gloom but........
      There will be 27-39 other drivers going around the tracks from Chicago to Homestead.
      Some of them were never in it; some will be eliminated 4 at a time.
      None of them have much to lose, some may have agendas and even vendettas.
      Some may try to help certain Chase leaders, others may want to derail certain Chase leaders.
      Freaky stuff happens every year and ruins the chances of many top16 contenders.
      Just sayin'.........

.........I really miss the old Winston Cup point system.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        Well, since you guys made your predictions, I'll take a stab at it before the first Chase Race gets underway.
        The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400 at Chicagoland. Soon as you think you've heard it all.......lol.
        Turtles, really ?

First 4 out:

Buescher------- Fluke season...
        Dillon------------ He'll choke...
        Keselowski---- He'll try too hard...
        Kenseth-------- He's due for some more bad luck...

Final 4:

Harvick---He has been on a mission, very determined; has had great packages and team work.
        Larson----He has shown poise and great decision making beyond his years, hope Hendrick gives him good rides.
        Kyle-------He is just flat out crazy; he will win it all or crash and burn trying.
        Truex-----He has had a fantastic year. A Checker in Fla would be a storybook ending for Martin and Sherry.

Final Wild Cards:
        :
        Chase Elliot: This kid has what it takes, I think that he will make it further than most expect.
        Tony Stewart: I would love to see Smoke ride off into the sunset with a Championship !!!

*Unknown Factors:
        I say this every year, so here I go again. I don't mean to be doom and gloom but........
        There will be 27-39 other drivers going around the tracks from Chicago to Homestead.
        Some of them were never in it; some will be eliminated 4 at a time.
        None of them have much to lose, some may have agendas and even vendettas.
        Some may try to help certain Chase leaders, others may want to derail certain Chase leaders.
        Freaky stuff happens every year and ruins the chances of many top16 contenders.
        Just sayin'.........

.........I really miss the old Winston Cup point system.
        I like your first out ... especially crybaby Kesleowski; I can't stand that guy. Unfortunately you're probably wrong though. I'm also not really a fan of Kenseth either.

I agree with your post overall. :thumb:
        sigpic

Comment

• My driver Truex Jr gets the win in Chicagoland! Onto the 2nd round already for Martin :thumb:

sigpic

Comment

• So the 78 & 48 both failed post-race laser inspection & penalties are expected, i saw where past penalties of this nature resulted in 10-15 points & so we know they won't take a win away but if nascar wants to make things fair then this is what they should consider...

the 78 of truex should have his 10 or 15 (or whatever it ends up) point penalty take effect to start the second round & not now because let's be honest here, it will have absolutely no affect on that team since they are advanced with the win...meanwhile the 48 is going to take a big hit & almost certainly fall below the cut line.

i'm no fan of the 48 but to me it doesn't seem fair if that team gets penalized & in all reality the 78 team won't for the same violation
            sigpic

Comment

So the 78 & 48 both failed post-race laser inspection & penalties are expected, i saw where past penalties of this nature resulted in 10-15 points & so we know they won't take a win away but if nascar wants to make things fair then this is what they should consider...

the 78 of truex should have his 10 or 15 (or whatever it ends up) point penalty take effect to start the second round & not now because let's be honest here, it will have absolutely no affect on that team since they are advanced with the win...meanwhile the 48 is going to take a big hit & almost certainly fall below the cut line.

i'm no fan of the 48 but to me it doesn't seem fair if that team gets penalized & in all reality the 78 team won't for the same violation
              Except that the #4 did hit the left rear of Truex's car ... From Furniture Row Racing "The right rear of our car was well within the tolerance margin, which showed that we were trying to be conservative," the statement read. "However, the left rear wheel alignment was off by approximately ten-thousandths of an inch, which in high probability was due to damage in that area as a result of being hit by the No. 4 car.

"We believe the laser inspection numbers were correct and accept NASCAR's decision that was made following Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway."

The 78 isn't getting penalized because they won the race? Not sure the logic there?

Truex's failure was the lowest grade of failure for the LIS platform. It doesn't sound like a case of cheating in order to win by the 78, nor is NASCAR contending that. Considering how close the alignment was it seems fairly likely it was the 4 car that caused the failure.

I was wondering, is there a rule that they cannot purposely crash their care after the race while spinning out, celebrating winning?
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                Except that the #4 did hit the left rear of Truex's car ... From Furniture Row Racing "The right rear of our car was well within the tolerance margin, which showed that we were trying to be conservative," the statement read. "However, the left rear wheel alignment was off by approximately ten-thousandths of an inch, which in high probability was due to damage in that area as a result of being hit by the No. 4 car.

"We believe the laser inspection numbers were correct and accept NASCAR's decision that was made following Sunday's Sprint Cup Series race at Chicagoland Speedway."

The 78 isn't getting penalized because they won the race? Not sure the logic there?

Truex's failure was the lowest grade of failure for the LIS platform. It doesn't sound like a case of cheating in order to win by the 78, nor is NASCAR contending that. Considering how close the alignment was it seems fairly likely it was the 4 car that caused the failure.

I was wondering, is there a rule that they cannot purposely crash their care after the race while spinning out, celebrating winning?
                Not sure if you misunderstood what i was trying to say, but my point is this...yes both teams will likely receive the same penalty but it has no affect at all on the 78 team because the have automatically advanced with the win, while the 48 will losea good bit of ground with a points penalty.

they could take the whole amount of points truex earned & it simply won't matter with the win.

to the question about damaging the car in a burnout? i'm not aware of any such rule or ever hearing of a penalty for doing so & yeah i get it...it's a minor violation on both cars & very well may be due to contact but nacar doesn't look at things that way & a penalty is a penalty no matter how small it may be
                sigpic

Comment

• NASCAR has decided not to penalize either car now - 78, 48 - interesting that much of the decision is out of "fairness" - much like BroncofaninPA wrote - that the points wouldn't really hurt the 78 much since they won the race. I still don't like the "logic" of that. Did the 78 not earn the win? I don't think anyone is contending that they won because of cheating? If the inspection result would indicate that the 78 won because of the wheel alignment then they should take away they win.

At this point it is moot and even if they were penalized it wouldn't have meant much - yes especially for the 78 - they have changed the rules and only a level 4 infraction will have penalties for the rest of this Chase.
                  BTW, my favorite teams are Furniture Row - because they are from Colorado - and Hendrick so I would root for the 48 over most other cars ... but not over the 24. Speaking of the 24; Elliot is doing a heck of a job for a rookie or otherwise.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Oh, and if it was me winning a race why wouldn't I just go oops, I accidently hit the wall on a spinout/burnout celebrating the win and that put everything out of alignment.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
                      Oh, and if it was me winning a race why wouldn't I just go oops, I accidently hit the wall on a spinout/burnout celebrating the win and that put everything out of alignment.
                      Or a driver "accidentally" bumping a fellow Chaser hoping that he'll fail post race inspection. So many things can happen.

Congrats to Penske. 50th anniversary and a sweep in IndyCar:

1. Simon Pagenaud

2. Will Power

3. Helio Castroneves

I wasn't happy that Pagenaud was winning because the officials, IMO, made 3 bad non-calls in 3 races, issuing warnings instead of penalties. As it turned out, Power crashed and had mechanical problems in the last two races (besides missing the first race). I would love to see Castroneves win the championship. With all his years, with all his Indy 500 wins, he's never won the championship.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• what a terrible day for stewart & i would say he is done & has no chance at dover running this poorly.

really disappointing to watch after that team was on such a hot streak in the summer when in an 8 race stretch he had the win at sonoma along with 5 top 5's & 7 top 11 finishes...but it's been nothing but crap since then, at least he has harvick heading towards another cup
                        sigpic

Comment

• how bout a bold prediction for dover...

there is going to be a fairly big crash that will involve several chase drivers, i don't know which ones will be involved (we need the drama of not knowing) but i will say it will shake up the points & that at least 2 of the bottom 4 will move into the top 12 & of course 2 will drop from inside the top 12 to being eliminated
                          sigpic

Comment

how bout a bold prediction for dover...

there is going to be a fairly big crash that will involve several chase drivers, i don't know which ones will be involved (we need the drama of not knowing) but i will say it will shake up the points & that at least 2 of the bottom 4 will move into the top 12 & of course 2 will drop from inside the top 12 to being eliminated
                            Hey, HEY wake up ... you're dreaming! Its over for Smoke.
                            sigpic

Comment

Dover can do that. I just hope my guys make it to the next round.

It's been raining here a lot. Probably where you are, too. Quals was rained out. More rain tomorrow. Looks kind of okay for Sunday.

From the Truck series concerning the #8. I hope he doesn't make the cut and Custer doesn't have to touch him.
                              Competition officials docked the team 10 championship points in both the owners' and drivers' standings. The penalty dropped Nemechek, who rallied from an early spin to finish ninth last weekend, from fourth to seventh on the Chase Grid with two races remaining before cuts are made to the championship-eligible field.
                              Akinori Ogata made his first start in last week's Truck race. Unfortunately, he spun out in the first lap. I mention him because we used to see him (3-5 years) at the Japanese Street Festival in DC. We would stop by and talk, get autographs, pictures, hats (ENEOS. I can wear it for Larson, too) and some other cool stuff. Hopefully, he'll have more races and be able to finish them.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Kenseth and Keselowski get into it !
                                (see my picks ) !!
                                If anywhere can shake up the Chase, the Monster Mile can !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X