NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh well, on to the next round.
    Hope they get the race in Saturday night.

Congrats to Harvick for his first pole of 2016 !!
    Finally some Chevys up front !!!

"Stewart-Haas Racing's Kevin Harvick earned his first Coors Light Pole Award of 2016 during Thursday's qualifying session at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The 2014 Sprint Cup champion also topped opening practice earlier.

The No. 88 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet driven will lineup alongside Harvick's No. 4 Chevy with Alex Bowman -- filling in for Dale Earnhardt Jr. this weekend -- posting the second-quickest lap during the three-round session.

Fellow Hendrick wheelman, Chase Elliott was third-fastest on the speed charts in his No. 24 entry.

Joe Gibbs Racing's Kyle Busch and SHR's Tony Stewart took fourth and fifth, respectively.

Here's how the rest of the Chase field finished: Furniture Row Racing's Martin Truex Jr. (P7), JGR's Carl Edwards (P8), JGR's Denny Hamlin (P9), Team Penske's Joey Logano (P10), Hendrick's Jimmie Johnson (P11), Richard Childress Racing's Austin Dillon (P19), Team Penske's Brad Keselowski (P20) and SHR's Kurt Busch (P23)."
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...n-harvick.html
    Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 10-07-2016, 06:07 PM. Reason: add quote brackets

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      how bout a bold prediction for dover...

there is going to be a fairly big crash that will involve several chase drivers, i don't know which ones will be involved (we need the drama of not knowing) but i will say it will shake up the points & that at least 2 of the bottom 4 will move into the top 12 & of course 2 will drop from inside the top 12 to being eliminated
      Kinda what happened today at Charlotte.
      Crazy bad luck early for a few.
      The big one was just as much Dillon's fault for taking 2 tires.
      Truex pushed him clean, not to one side or the other.
      Martin feels bad about it but Dillon wouldn't have been there if they took 4 tires.
      Big shake up to start the round of 8.
      Only Jimmie came out smelling like a rose.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Martin feels bad about it but Dillon wouldn't have been there if they took 4 tires.
        That was crazy.

Agree about Dillon. His interview was better than I expected.

I wonder why the last restart wasn't under review. It really looked like Johnson crossed before Kenseth (?). I just wish NASCAR would be more consistent with their calls.

I'm still disappointed about Larson being out. Over something so dumb.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Peanut, I think that you're right on that final restart.
          Did you mean Dillon instead of Kenseth ?
          I thought Jimmie was P1.
          If he wasn't, this clearly shows Jimmie jumping at 00.00-00.01
          You have to move that red dot to the left until it dissapears.

Maybe NASCAR will review it and take away Jimmie's win

Comment

Peanut, I think that you're right on that final restart.
            Did you mean Dillon instead of Kenseth ?
            I thought Jimmie was P1.
            If he wasn't, this clearly shows Jimmie jumping at 00.00-00.01
            You have to move that red dot to the left until it dissapears.

Maybe NASCAR will review it and take away Jimmie's win
            It wasn't that one. Kenseth was the leader. He chose the outside. They questioned why because of the speedy dry. It looked to me that Jimmie was ahead of Kenseth at all lines. Even on the replay, but the commentators didn't say anything. They were looking at something else. Looking for a video, I came across an article where Kenseth was talking about the restart. He did not mention anything about an unfair restart so maybe my eyes were playing tricks. Or wishful thinking. It was close, so I was surprised that NASCAR didn't at least review it.
            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Yeah i guess my crystal ball was on a one week delay ha ha! too bad this race wasn't dover because smoke would have advanced...oh well coulda should woulda.

Anyway once hamlin's engine let loose, that opened up the door for harvick to get right back in this thing without needing to win one of the next two...he may very well win kansas anyway & i think he & truex are the favorites to win it all
              sigpic

Comment

I remember now. It was the LAST restart.
                The one after the big one.
                I remember Jeff questioning why Kenseth chose the top lane.
                Because it was full of speedy dry.
                They should have all seen it on the laps when it went from red to yellow.
                You're right PA, I don't recall any of the broadcasters saying anything.
                I didn't notice the jump but I wasn't watching for it.
                I'll take you guys' word for it though.

Comment

• Lights at Martinsville now...i always said it would be awesome to have night racing there.

nothing scheduled yet as the 2017 schedule is already set but i have to think going forward they will have 1 of the 2 races there on a saturday night, much like bristol does it.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Some good drama to the ending of the race with the 11 & 3 ending tied on points, thus needing a tiebreaker & hamlin nearly gave it up but held the spot over the 41 by inches...tough break for the 78 & 2.

Now what i'm upset about...tony riding in the back the entire race & not even making an effort to race even in the closing laps, don't think he ever really was above 30th start to finish...just a disgusting effort & many fans of the 14 feel the same as i do.

I understand maybe he didn't want to risk getting caught up in a big wreck & getting injured again (and it's totally his right to do what he wants) but good lord if you aren't even going to try then why bother even running the race? put somebody else in the car.
                    sigpic

Comment

• guess everyone has lost interest? or maybe we are just too involved & focused on our broncos?

anyway...here we are again with harvick with his back to the wall & needing to win to advance, can he get it done again? one would think eventually his luck may run out in these must win scenarios but i would not bet against him...

he could not be going to a better track personally at phoenix where he has 8 wins total but maybe more impressive is he has won 5 of the past 6 there & the one he didn't win, he was 2nd
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        guess everyone has lost interest? or maybe we are just too involved & focused on our broncos?

anyway...here we are again with harvick with his back to the wall & needing to win to advance, can he get it done again? one would think eventually his luck may run out in these must win scenarios but i would not bet against him...

he could not be going to a better track personally at phoenix where he has 8 wins total but maybe more impressive is he has won 5 of the past 6 there & the one he didn't win, he was 2nd
                        I still watch, usually the next day. Yes, Broncos/football take over.

I need to go back and see how badly my prediction for the final 4 was. With who is left, I guess I'm pulling for Kyle Busch.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

I'm pulling for Kevin and Kyle to make it to the final.

In the quals, Bowman, Larson and Chase finished 1,2,3.
                          That was cool, good for those kids !

Today Kyle was fastest in the last practice.
                          Behind him were the 2 Penske Fords, Brad then Joey.

Bowman was 4th fastest !
                          Kevin was 14th.

I'm with you PA, hope Kevin pulls this one off.
                          I just don't want this to go down as Jimmie vs Coach Gibbs' Team.
                          Should be a good race. All or nothing for 4 guys !!!

~~~

(Xfinity is underway now, lap 77; Kyle has been up front for all but 3.
                          Dillon right behind him followed by contenders Daniel Suarez and Erik Jones.)
                          Hope that Peanut doesn't read this if she's recording the race.
                          Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 11-12-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I'm pulling for Kevin and Kyle to make it to the final.

In the quals, Bowman, Larson and Chase finished 1,2,3.
                            That was cool, good for those kids !

Today Kyle was fastest in the last practice.
                            Behind him were the 2 Penske Fords, Brad then Joey.

Bowman was 4th fastest !
                            Kevin was 14th.

I'm with you PA, hope Kevin pulls this one off.
                            I just don't want this to go down as Jimmie vs Coach Gibbs' Team.
                            Should be a good race. All or nothing for 4 guys !!!

~~~

(Xfinity is underway now, lap 77; Kyle has been up front for all but 3.
                            Dillon right behind him followed by contenders Daniel Suarez and Eric Jones.)
                            Hope that Peanut doesn't read this if she's recording the race.
                            I'm recording the race. We're not at home. I have learned that if I don't want to know, don't check this thread and doing have Sports Center on. The hotel doesn't carry the station. Go, Eric!
                            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              I'm recording the race. We're not at home. I have learned that if I don't want to know, don't check this thread and doing have Sports Center on. The hotel doesn't carry the station. Go, Eric!
                              E r i K

I won't say who made the Final 4 in Xfinity but....
                              It's 2 Chevy's and 2 Toyos !!!

Comment

E r i K

I won't say who made the Final 4 in Xfinity but....
                                It's 2 Chevy's and 2 Toyos !!!
                                I could blame autocorrect, but I forgot the K.

Let's see. What does Erik drive?
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
                                X