No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• During presser, Carl Edwards said he is walking away because he is become satisfied with his career, he has other interests outside of racing, and his health is a concern. He said he is totally health but racing is dangerous and he wants to protect himself and his health.

Edwards did say he would be open to racing again but not full time.
    Last edited by kingelway7; 01-11-2017, 08:21 AM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

TRD and Coach Gibbs have been busy, Chevs and Fords better watch out !!!

The new 2018 race car model, which will be used starting in the 2017 season,
      was unveiled Monday during the North American International Auto Show
      held at the Cobo Center in Detroit.

I like it.

Yes, there's an echo in here.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
      Something doesn't seem right about all this, like the suddenness of it & just over a month from the start of the 2017 season & leaving JGR hung out to dry to speak...

there has to be more to this story than just to pursue other interests
      I was hoping that JGR wasn't "pushing" him out. I don't think that's how they work, but I know it's a business. Seems that Gibbs was surprised when he first found out.

JGR has a lot of good drivers coming up. It's like "next driver up", you know? I kind of wish Jones got this ride instead of Suarez.

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
      I have read that there are no health issues for Edwards. Some say this came out of know where, other say that they arent surprised because this is who Carl is and how he operates.

He isnt a favorite driver of mine but I certainly dont dislike him either. He makes racing better and I hate to see him step away. Ive seen reports step away from the word "retiring" and are now pretty much just saying that Edwards wont race in 2017. So maybe, hopefully, Carl Edwards will be back in 2018 or 2019.
      He did leave it open for next year. This would have put a lot of teams in a bad place.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.

This is why I barely watch NASCAR now, stop changing stuff!!!!! This whole thing sounds dumb. Yes I haven't posted here in a while. Maybe this is why Carl is done, he can't take this crap anymore lol
        sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
          UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.

This is why I barely watch NASCAR now, stop changing stuff!!!!! This whole thing sounds dumb. Yes I haven't posted here in a while. Maybe this is why Carl is done, he can't take this crap anymore lol
          Announcement at 6PM.

I understand that they're looking to try to get new viewers, but with too many changes, they're going to lose the "old-timers".

I do like that they're trying to prevent the "pack at the back" at restrictor plates. I know why the drivers do that and I can't blame them, but it would be nice to see everyone racing from the start.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out.
          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• my head is spinning after listening to some of the press conference...

i think you may need to have a notebook handy during race day to follow all this
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              my head is spinning after listening to some of the press conference...

i think you may need to have a notebook handy during race day to follow all this
              Don't bother they will change the rules halfway through the race lol
              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

• Im not loving all of the rule changes. Eliminating a bonus point for leading a lap is fine with me. Its to easy of an achievement during a race to be rewarded for doing it. Im not sure I like eliminating a bonus point for leading the most laps as I think that deserves some recognition.

I certainly do not like predetermined stopping of the race (throwing a caution) 2 separate times mid race. I understand they wanna award points at the end of each segment, but why stop the race to do it? Just let the drivers keep racing and when a determined point in the race arrives, simply note who the top 10 are, award them, and let them to continue racing. You dont need to stop the race to figure out who is running first through tenth.

Also, are they gonna eliminate competition cautions now that threes an automatic caution after segment 1? If they keep competition cautions then cautioning the race after 25 laps and then again just a handful of laps later at the end of segment 1 is just stupid.

I dont mind so much that bonus points are awarded during a race but i HATE that theyre carried over to the playoff. The bonus points should just be added to their regular season point total only and thats it. No carrying over to the playoff. I hate it.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• According to the AP, Carl Edwards is considering running against democrat Sen McCaskill in 2018 for her Missouri senate seat.
                  Denver Broncos
                  New York Yankees
                  New York Knicks
                  Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

Good day yesterday for Jeff, Max and the Taylor brothers !
                    And Mr.Taylor too !!
                    Congratulations !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Phoenix International Raceway is getting a make over, and I like it. The start/finish line is being moved from the straight away to just before the dogleg, and pit road is being moved from only on the straight away to partly on the straight away and stretching around to what is now turn 3 & 4 (old turn 1 & 2). This will create some interesting strategy and racing coming to the checkered flag. Addition grandstands will be added too as well as some removed.

Last edited by kingelway7; 01-30-2017, 12:30 PM.
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                        Congrats to Jeff, Max and the Taylors!

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                        Phoenix International Raceway is getting a make over, and I like it. The start/finish line is being moved from the straight away to just before the dogleg, and pit road is being moved from only on the straight away to partly on the straight away and stretching around to what is now turn 3 & 4 (old turn 1 & 2). This will create some interesting strategy and racing coming to the checkered flag. Addition grandstands will be added too as well as some removed.

There's going to be some interesting finishes with the start/finish line coming off a turn like that.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• The pits are so far away from the stands, makes no sense to be that far away
                          sigpic

Comment

• not a NASCAR fan but seen this and it seems kind of random to me lol

i guess because he is going to the HOF this year possibly?

Comment

• Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                              http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...y-starter.html

not a NASCAR fan but seen this and it seems kind of random to me lol

I saw your name in the NASCAR thread and thought, What's he doing in here.

About Tomlinson. I guess they couldn't find anyone else.

Okay. Okay. I'm putting myself in the corner. This isn't Smack and mine is weak because I don't smack.

Nice write up. Good work with the DAV. Should be an interesting movie. I like Sparks.

I like your sig and avy. I'm glad you're sticking with your team.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...y-starter.html

not a NASCAR fan but seen this and it seems kind of random to me lol

I guess it's because they want to promote LT's and Jordan Sparks' new movie.
                                I'm ok if he gets in the HOF if all 3 of our Broncos get in too.
                                If you tune in to watch LT start the race, why not watch the whole thing, you may enjoy it.
                                You can follow NASCAR all the way to the next NFL season.
                                It helps waiting and time goes by FAST !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X