Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

    Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

    The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.
    I was thinking more about the mental aspects, as in "getting back into the swing of things". I couldn't think of a way to say it at the time besides "JR has mental problems" and I didn't think that sounded too good.

    Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.
    Administrator

    Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

    Lupus Awareness Month

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.
      Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

      I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
      Denver Broncos
      New York Yankees
      New York Knicks
      Colorado Avalanche


      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
        Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

        I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
        I try not to compare people like that. As you said, they're different. I was not a fan of Sr, on track. That's part of how I became a Skinner fan. Underdog, the unwanted teammate. At least, that's how it was at the beginning (or how it appeared). I like Jr, on and off the track.
        Administrator

        Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

        Lupus Awareness Month

        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

        Comment


        • .





          Quals for the Cup race rained out today.
          Line up will be from owner's points.
          Kyle Larson P1, Chase Elliott, P2

          It will be interesting to see how all the younger guys will do.
          Wonder how much the 5 minute rule will play in ?
          Used to be many cars finished that race without fenders lol.
          Hope to see a lot of trading paint.at the Paperclip !!!

          May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

          Comment


          • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
            Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

            I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
            I don't think so. He has what 26 cup wins including 2 Daytonna 500's and has been competitive for most of what 20 yrs or close to it anyway. He definitely won't be near as successful as his father, but he has hardly been a failure. He has been pretty classy the whole time and that's a pretty good career already if he never wins again imo.

            Now Kyle Petty, that is another story.
            My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

            Comment


            • Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.
              Denver Broncos
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks
              Colorado Avalanche


              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
                Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.
                I can say i know how you feel having watched tony go through some really rough times not only on track but off as well & let me tell you it was hard to accept how he was performing on the track & just knowing that he was not the racer he once was & i think most of it stemmed from the stuff away from nascar & in particular the accident with kevin ward.

                Back to Jr...i certainly don't think he is anywhere near that kind of place in his racing career & i honestly think it's about him getting back into the groove & getting chemistry back with his whole team, after all he was out the last half of last season & it takes time to get the mojo back sometimes.

                Best advice i can offer is this...no matter how well or how poor he may be doing, just try to enjoy watching your guy out there racing because there will come a day when he is no longer out there & you will miss it for sure.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • .





                  Great advice PA !

                  Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

                  Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
                  More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ing-texas.html
                  (At least they’ll be on new tires)

                  Quals:
                  Five Fords out front.!!!
                  P1 Harvick
                  P2 Blaney
                  P3 Clint
                  P4 Joey
                  P5 Brad

                  Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
                  New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.

                  May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                    .





                    Great advice PA !

                    Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

                    Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
                    More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ing-texas.html
                    (At least they’ll be on new tires)

                    Quals:
                    Five Fords out front.!!!
                    P1 Harvick
                    P2 Blaney
                    P3 Clint
                    P4 Joey
                    P5 Brad

                    Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
                    New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.
                    Cars failing pre-qualifying inspection. Is there more of that this year? Or am I just paying more attention? Some big names in there.

                    I demand they re-inspect those Fords! They're doing a lot better than the past few years.

                    Should be a fun race.
                    Administrator

                    Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                    Lupus Awareness Month

                    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                    Comment


                    • Jr ran in the top 10 all day and top 5 most of the day and finished 5th!!!!!

                      He is always good at Texas, which is also here he scored his 1st career win. And what sucks is now he cant build on that moment right away because they're off next week because of Easter. But Im elated that he finally had a good day!
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • .





                        Quals at Bristol canceled due to rain.
                        P1- Larson
                        P2- Chase
                        P3- Truex
                        P4- Joey
                        P5- Brad
                        P6- Blaney

                        There's your first 3 rows race fans.
                        Nice mix of the old and new guys.

                        Short tracks, love 'em !!
                        Want to see some paint trading Sunday !!!

                        May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                        The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                        http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                        My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                        Comment


                        • So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

                          Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

                          Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

                          thoughts guys & gals?
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                            .





                            Quals at Bristol canceled due to rain.
                            P1- Larson
                            P2- Chase
                            P3- Truex
                            P4- Joey
                            P5- Brad
                            P6- Blaney

                            There's your first 3 rows race fans.
                            Nice mix of the old and new guys.

                            Short tracks, love 'em !!
                            Want to see some paint trading Sunday !!!
                            Thanks for the line up.

                            Good race today with the X cars. Remember, everyone. Don't grab someone by the shoulders during a red flag.

                            Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                            So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

                            Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

                            Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

                            thoughts guys & gals?
                            I don't remember when the first night race was. I hope they don't get rid of them. Love night races.

                            How about a night road course like in F1? Those are so cool.

                            And speaking of open wheels, congrats to Hinch a couple of weeks ago. His first win since his horrible accident.
                            Administrator

                            Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                            Lupus Awareness Month

                            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                            Comment


                            • .





                              Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                              Thanks for the line up.

                              Good race today with the X cars. Remember, everyone. Don't grab someone by the shoulders during a red flag.



                              I don't remember when the first night race was. I hope they don't get rid of them. Love night races.

                              How about a night road course like in F1? Those are so cool.

                              And speaking of open wheels, congrats to Hinch a couple of weeks ago. His first win since his horrible accident.
                              Xfin was good, Bristol brings out the tempers as the kids are learning.

                              I was hoping for a night race tonight.
                              Now I have to try to keep up on my phone at work tomorrow.
                              10 am start time here on Monday.



                              Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              So i saw that they moved the charlotte race in the chase from sat. night to sunday afternoon which now means there is not a single night race in the chase...what is up with that?

                              Also is it just me or are we so far into the season already without a sat. night race? not one scheduled until mid may?? i don't recall going that late into the start of a season before the first night race.

                              Seems like nascar is trying to move away from night racing which is baffling to me because that is usually when the action is at it's best under the lights...

                              thoughts guys & gals?
                              Not sure about the answer to that PA. NASCAR trying to save on the electric bill ?
                              I really like night races as well.
                              I dunno, you'll have to ask the fat cats at NASCAR.

                              ~~~

                              I want to see more short tracks. All of the short tracks are in small market areas.
                              That means they have less hotels, restaurants and entertainment for the fans.
                              Bristol has had 55 consecutive sellouts from 1982 to 2010.
                              That's with seating increased from 30,000 to almost 160,000.

                              If some big market cities built half milers with 200,000+ seating, they'd hit the jackpot.
                              We can tell just by looking at the stands that the 1 1/2, 2 and 2 1/2 milers aren't as popular.
                              All have less seating than Bristol except for Texas and Indy.
                              Plus, long green flag runs are boring and usually get down to fuel mileage and pit strategy.


                              NASCAR races shouldn't come down to being a chess game.

                              Dega and Daytona races are getting more handcuffed with new restrictor and aero regulations every year.
                              They are getting boring too and I'm not one of those waiting for "the big one".
                              I don't like seeing an irresponsible and senseless move take out two thirds of the contenders.
                              2 1/2 mile Super Speedways in handcuffs are just as bad as the 1 1/2+ milers. Boring.


                              I'm fine with Dover, Richmond, PIR, Iowa and even Darlington.

                              NASCAR, give us more short tracks !
                              Tracks where drivers have to be bold and cars have to take a beating to win !!
                              More Bristols, Martinvilles and Eldoras !
                              Get back to the roots of NASCAR and you'll get more fans !!!

                              .

                              May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                                .
                                I want to see more short tracks. All of the short tracks are in small market areas.
                                That means they have less hotels, restaurants and entertainment for the fans.
                                Bristol has had 55 consecutive sellouts from 1982 to 2010.
                                That's with seating increased from 30,000 to almost 160,000.

                                If some big market cities built half milers with 200,000+ seating, they'd hit the jackpot.
                                We can tell just by looking at the stands that the 1 1/2, 2 and 2 1/2 milers aren't as popular.
                                All have less seating than Bristol except for Texas and Indy.
                                Plus, long green flag runs are boring and usually get down to fuel mileage and pit strategy.


                                NASCAR races shouldn't come down to being a chess game.

                                Dega and Daytona races are getting more handcuffed with new restrictor and aero regulations every year.
                                They are getting boring too and I'm not one of those waiting for "the big one".
                                I don't like seeing an irresponsible and senseless move take out two thirds of the contenders.
                                2 1/2 mile Super Speedways in handcuffs are just as bad as the 1 1/2+ milers. Boring.


                                I'm fine with Dover, Richmond, PIR, Iowa and even Darlington.

                                NASCAR, give us more short tracks !
                                Tracks where drivers have to be bold and cars have to take a beating to win !!
                                More Bristols, Martinvilles and Eldoras !
                                Get back to the roots of NASCAR and you'll get more fans !!!

                                .
                                I couldn't agree more with that AZ, i have been saying for years that the dang schedule needs changed but nascar refuses to mess with it much at all & more short tracks would be great along with another road course race...

                                I would drop one race each from pocono, michigan & talladega...then replace them with iowa, maybe the short track at indy & a new road course, maybe road america?

                                also i would move the sonoma race in place of talladega in the chase because there should be a road course in the chase & talladega is just a crapshoot for everyone of the drivers & that's not the way a playoff race should be.

                                just my :2cents:
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X