Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
    What happened to Skinner ?

He was running 3rd with 6 laps to go, I went out to the kitchen and when I came back he was down a lap !

???

I do NOT like the new pit stop system for the trucks !
    What a cluster !

Oh well, here's to a good one tonight !
    I hope that Jr can hit his pit box.

The new rule bit him in the butt. His right front was ready to blow. So, first stop, change right sides. A few laps later, stop for fuel.

I HATE THE NEW RULE!

Now, they can't even have three guys on a fuel stop (2 guys with gas cans and a catch can guy). One catch can, one fueler. How does that save money?

Yeah, Daytona was rough on Jr. Watch him win tonight (he owes me ).

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Come On Jeff Gordon!!!
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Matt made it 2 for 2.:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
          I'm becoming more unhappy with NASCAR. I still love racing, but....
          I started getting disgusted with NASCAR last year.

And I too do not like these new rules put into place. I only saw part of the trucks this weekend as wifey and I have been doing home projects this weekend.

We found out yesterday that we might get some free tickets to Vegas. Still waiting to hear about it.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Good luck, I hope you get them.

sigpic

Comment

• Busch won the race, Gordon leads the Point standings.

sigpic

Comment

• What is wrong with all the engines this year?

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  What is wrong with all the engines this year?
                  I heard---parts failure. They get the parts from the same suppliers.

Toyota had 5 engines blow before the race. Something about a new lube they were trying.

I wonder if the lack of testing is why we're seeing so many during the race.
                  Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Well, we didn't get to go to the race. Unfortunate too as it was a beautiful day out west.

I'm a Bobby Labonte fan and to see him riding in 2nd place with so few laps to go had me hollering COME ON BOBBY!! Damn caution flag and then Jimmy Johnson almost crashing into him in the pits.

Oh well. Was happy for Kyle with Bobby slipping down to 7th.

And all that drama with the engines blowing. Not sure what to expect in Atlanta next week.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                      I heard---parts failure. They get the parts from the same suppliers.

Toyota had 5 engines blow before the race. Something about a new lube they were trying.

I wonder if the lack of testing is why we're seeing so many during the race.
                      The strange thing is that last week it was half of the Hendrick cars, but the other 2 where fine.

If I was Matt I would be ticked off that my bid for 3 in a row ended like that.

sigpic

Comment

• Engine problems had different causes: The president of Toyota Racing Development says the engine failures incurred by the three Roush Fenway Racing teams during Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway were unrelated to the problems five Toyota teams experienced on Saturday. "Not in any way related,'' Lee White said on Monday. "We're going to take 100% responsibility for maybe not having all of our ducks in a row with durability testing when we got to the racetrack to be ready for the decisions the teams put the engines through to get ready for qualifying.'' Four teams supplied engines by TRD -- #00-David Reutimann and #47-Marcos Ambrose of Michael Waltrip Racing and #83-Brian Vickers and #82-Scott Speed of Red Bull Racing -- had to switch engines and start at the rear of the field. Pole-sitter and eventual race winner #18-Kyle Busch also started at the back of the field after switching engines, but his was built by Joe Gibbs Racing. White said all seven teams supplied engines by TRD likely will go to Atlanta this week with the same new generation engine but with the conservative package -- a thicker lubricant and small mechanical change that determines how much oil stays around the camshaft -- that reduced horsepower by three to four at Vegas. He blamed the Toyota failures on teams trying to get more horsepower out of the engine for qualifying and practice. Instead of returning to Charlotte, N.C., on Monday he flew to TRD headquarters in California to make sure the issue wasn't a factor moving forward.
                        Roush Fenway co-owner Jack Roush on Sunday speculated that the new tire Goodyear introduced led to blown engines by #17-Matt Kenseth, #6-David Ragan and #99-Carl Edwards. Doug Yates, who runs the Roush Yates engine program, wanted to wait until the engines were fully examined before commenting. "I think we misjudged how fast this tire was going to be, and the engine turned more,'' he said. "It's the same spec on the engine that we had all of last year. It wasn't something new or experimental. I had great confidence in it.'' White said he is comfortable moving forward after Sunday in which three Toyotas finished in the top eight -- including two with the more conservative TRD engine -- and eight were in the top 22.(ESPN.com)(3-3-2009)
                        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• I just found that a tad funny.

Last year, the tires were a major problem all season long so they improved the tires which are now causing the engines to blow.

NEVER thought I would read something like that.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                            I just found that a tad funny.

Last year, the tires were a major problem all season long so they improved the tires which are now causing the engines to blow.

NEVER thought I would read something like that.
                            Hey, you need to post in here more, please.

If not, I'll be talking to myself.

Hubby's a Labonte fan, too.
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• Well, it's an interesting day in Atlanta.

Bobby did not have a very good day.

And what on earth? Whose crew member was that running out to get the runaway tire??? Holy Shmokes! Somebody's in trouble. And to see what that did to the race! WOW!!

If Kurt can stay off the wall here, with 118 to go, he can give Gordon a race.

Curious to see how this one ends.......

sigpic

Comment

• ohhh NO...

i've entered a Nascar thread...

i'm gonna make a Right TURN and get on outta here
                                sigpic

sig by B4B6..

Comment

Working...
                                X