NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective end of season.

I had a feeling that Jr would decide to hang it up after this season ends. Im gonna guess that his early season struggles have helped push him towards the decision, though his health, Im sure, is #1.

Sad day for me, indeed. Im inclined to think that Alex Bowman will drive the 88 come next season.
    Last edited by kingelway7; 04-25-2017, 07:30 AM.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post

Effective end of season.

I had a feeling that Jr would decide to hang it up after this season ends. Im gonna guess that his early season struggles have helped push him towards the decision, though his health, Im sure, is #1.

Sad day for me, indeed. Im inclined to think that Alex Bowman will drive the 88 come next season.
      Wow. I thought maybe he would race a few more years. I saw an interview and I know this last concussion really scared him. He's also at a really good place in his personal life. He seems more at peace. Sad for his fans, but I think he has his priorities right.
      Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Out of all the names from ESPN's layoffs, one stood out. Jerry Punch. I will miss him.
        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Out of all the names from ESPN's layoffs, one stood out. Jerry Punch. I will miss him.
          A lot of the on air personalities that were let go will end up getting jobs with another network. I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Punch go over to FOX and guys like Ed Werder and Trent Dilfer to go over to NFL Network.
          Denver Broncos
          New York Yankees
          New York Knicks
          Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

• I thought it was a good race today with lots of action...was hard to believe all the three wide racing that was going on. It was obvious that brad k. had the car to beat but strategy at the end i think cost him & gave the win to logano, so that now makes 7 winners in 9 races.

one thing that i didn't like was the whole commitment violation with the orange box...where the heck is the cone? i really don't understand why a cone would not be there as opposed to a orange painted square which has to be hard to judge & cost a few guys big time, like clint & maybe cost kyle the win.
            sigpic

Comment

A lot of the on air personalities that were let go will end up getting jobs with another network. I wouldnt be surprised to see Jerry Punch go over to FOX and guys like Ed Werder and Trent Dilfer to go over to NFL Network.
              It would be nice. They become like old friends.

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
              I thought it was a good race today with lots of action...was hard to believe all the three wide racing that was going on. It was obvious that brad k. had the car to beat but strategy at the end i think cost him & gave the win to logano, so that now makes 7 winners in 9 races.

one thing that i didn't like was the whole commitment violation with the orange box...where the heck is the cone? i really don't understand why a cone would not be there as opposed to a orange painted square which has to be hard to judge & cost a few guys big time, like clint & maybe cost kyle the win.
              To go with your other post about night racing. It was mentioned that that's why they changed this race from Saturday night to Sunday. At night, they would all have been riding the bottom. A day race widened the groove so there was more side by side racing. I still like night racing, but I can see why they moved it.

Johnson didn't see Jr? I thought that was as bad as when Franchetti ran up the back of a car because he didn't know the race had ended (he retired shortly after). I read some of their tweets. Funny stuff. Jr said Jimmie made his CD skip. Jimmie said "We over came a lot today for a decent finish. I was even able to crash a teammate."

I don't think they could put a cone there because some cars were running low. They would have smashed the poor thing.

I think they need to do something about the zones on pit road, specifically the pie shaped areas. Going the same speed, no penalty if you're up top but it's speeding when you're closer to the pit stalls? That seems really unfair.

Prayers to John Andretti and family as he battles cancer.
              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Johnson didn't see Jr? I thought that was as bad as when Franchetti ran up the back of a car because he didn't know the race had ended (he retired shortly after). I read some of their tweets. Funny stuff. Jr said Jimmie made his CD skip. Jimmie said "We over came a lot today for a decent finish. I was even able to crash a teammate."
                Ugh. I was so aggravated. Jr's crew chief finally made a gamble that would hopefully pay off if there was a caution, and then he comes the caution. After races Jr has been posting live videos on his twitter about how the race went for him. Yesterday he said that his car was crap all day long until that last pit stop before he was ran into the wall. He said that Greg Ives made some awesome adjustments and he felt like he could finish up towards the top with the new adjustments had it not been for Johnson. He did say he believed that Jimmie never saw him and that he wasnt upset with Jimmie.

I have my fingers crossed for a win next week at Dega. If he does poorly there, then I just dont know anymore. I dont know if I'd have much hope left because he will have then run once this year on all of his best tracks, except Pocono, and finished poorly at each of them.
                Denver Broncos
                New York Yankees
                New York Knicks
                Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

You sound like PA did last year ke7 lol.
                  I personally think Jr will win one this season.
                  If not, I know it's tough, you'll just have to deal with it.
                  We've all seen our faves come and go.

It's been nice to hear Tony on the radio each week interacting with his drivers.
                  Tony will be around NASCAR for a long time.

Jr has made his his decision and I support him.
                  Jr will always be around racing like Tony.
                  It's in their blood.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                  The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                  http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                  My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Like many others, I have been wondering what Jr will do. Broadcast? He did good last year and he does a podcast. I hope he continues with his XFINITY teams and expand to a few Cup teams. There are a lot of talented drivers coming up. Byron, Christopher Bell (to XFINITY for JGR), Matt Tifft. Kyle Benjamin had his first Xfin race this past weekend (he's scheduled for 3 more and I think he skipped over the Truck series). Really impressive and was doing great until he was involved in that late race accident. Yes, there's a common thread with these drivers. JGR and KBM. Byron is with JRM now.

Travis Pastrana is coming back. Vegas in September.
                    Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Like many others, I have been wondering what Jr will do. Broadcast? He did good last year and he does a podcast. I hope he continues with his XFINITY teams and expand to a few Cup teams.
                      During his retirement presser, Jr has stated that he will continue with his Xfinity teams as he really loves it. He did say he does not want to expand into Cup teams. In a round about way Jr implied that his Xfinity teams will feed Hendrick Motorsports Cup teams.

He also stated that he has committed already to running in 2 Xfinity series races next season, so Miami in November will not be the last of him we will see in a car on the track (he did not mention which 2 races).

I definitely see him in the booth doing broadcasting. He did a great job the couple of times he's been in the booth and appears to really enjoy it. My guess would that it would be with NBC for the 2nd half of the season since Gordon is with FOX for the first half.
                      Denver Broncos
                      New York Yankees
                      New York Knicks
                      Colorado Avalanche

sigpic

Comment

During his retirement presser, Jr has stated that he will continue with his Xfinity teams as he really loves it. He did say he does not want to expand into Cup teams. In a round about way Jr implied that his Xfinity teams will feed Hendrick Motorsports Cup teams.

He also stated that he has committed already to running in 2 Xfinity series races next season, so Miami in November will not be the last of him we will see in a car on the track (he did not mention which 2 races).

I definitely see him in the booth doing broadcasting. He did a great job the couple of times he's been in the booth and appears to really enjoy it. My guess would that it would be with NBC for the 2nd half of the season since Gordon is with FOX for the first half.
                        Thanks for the information. I had only seen parts of his press conference.

No Cup teams? Too much of a headache? It seems that's kind of the arrangement Kyle Busch and Gibbs have. KB starts them in trucks and Gibbs takes over for X and Cup.

If Jr goes into broadcasting, I was hoping no one would get replaced. As silly as the Waltrip brothers get, I still like them.
                        Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Glad that's over with and no one got hurt.

Patrick finally made it to victory circle!
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• let's hop that aric almirola is going to be ok....

on this topic, i must say i'm very disappointed with how danica patrick conductded herself...she seemed as if only to be concerned most about herself & how her race was ruined, as opposed to how a fellow racer was doing after a serious crash, at least joey logano had enough common sense & compassion to be concerned for aric.

shame on you danica :nono:
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                              let's hop that aric almirola is going to be ok....

on this topic, i must say i'm very disappointed with how danica patrick conductded herself...she seemed as if only to be concerned most about herself & how her race was ruined, as opposed to how a fellow racer was doing after a serious crash, at least joey logano had enough common sense & compassion to be concerned for aric.

Had to go out, so I haven't seen the race, yet. I'm saving my races for Mother's Day.

I have seen some clips from SC. I hope Aric is okay.

I saw part of an interview with Patrick and she did mention Aric. I agree with Craven. It would not surprise me if this is her last year. And I wouldn't blame her.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                let's hop that aric almirola is going to be ok....

Watched the race today. What I saw on SC was the last part of the interview. I totally see what you mean.

I understand that she was just in a serious accident, that it was scary, that she had a good run, that it was not her fault, that it's very frustrating but...she had to have known that it was red flagged. She had to have known that they had to cut Aric out.

Joey asked if Patrick was okay while he was still in the car. He mentioned Aric 4-5 times during his interview.

Maybe that's how she deals with stress.

Glad Aric is okay. I really hope he takes at least one week off.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness Month

Comment

Working...
                                X