X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Ok so these 3 are now currently without a ride for 2018 & this is not a i told you so, but more of i didn't think things would be starting this soon.

However i do expect all 3 of these drivers to land somewhere with maybe the exception of kahne but busch & kenseth are former champs, surely someone picks them up for a year or two? maybe? maybe not...i never thought biffle would not catch on somewhere & been left out but he was...
    Good call. I bet a lot of it has to do with sponsorship. Either these drivers can't attract them or the sponsors want someone younger.

Happy for Byron to get in the #5.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older
    Ok so these 3 are now currently without a ride for 2018 & this is not a i told you so, but more of i didn't think things would be starting this soon.

However i do expect all 3 of these drivers to land somewhere with maybe the exception of kahne but busch & kenseth are former champs, surely someone picks them up for a year or two? maybe? maybe not...i never thought biffle would not catch on somewhere & been left out but he was...

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    It's impossible not to like Jr. A big reason for me is because I can relate to him a lot. I've read and watched multiple long interviews with Jr that delved deep into his life off the track. Our personalities and how we handle things in life are quite similar in many ways.
    Is that why I like you?

So for myself, watching Jr walk away from racing, is probably hard for me than what it is for other fans of his.

I'm going to be at the race in Homestead on Nov 19th, right on the start/finish line. I've never taken the drive down to Homestead for a race before, but with Jr retiring, there is no way I'm going to miss being at the Homestead race this year.
    That's great! I bet they'll have something special going on that weekend. It'll probably be on their website. Also check out his Twitter. He gives out information on what he's doing. I only check out a few drivers and I was very surprised at how active he is with the fans. Might be a good way to get in contact with him.

A little extra tidbit. Jr's uncle, John Earnhardt, (or maybe its his great uncle) comes to my church every year to preach during race weeks in February. I don't know John Earnhardt too well but I have gotten to know him some over all the years of him preaching at my church.

I've thought about asking him if it was possible for him to work something out for me to Jr; on a personal non-fan type of level, as I've "met" Jr before from him standing around and signing autographs and what not. But I'm afraid of coming across to John Earnhardt as me just trying to take advantage of him to get autographs and stuff.
    I'm sure John has seen and heard everything with fans trying to get to Jr through him. That also means that he can see sincerity. If you don't try, you'll never know. The worse thing that can happen is that he'll say no, right?

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    It's hard not to like him.
    It's impossible not to like Jr. A big reason for me is because I can relate to him a lot. I've read and watched multiple long interviews with Jr that delved deep into his life off the track. Our personalities and how we handle things in life are quite similar in many ways.

So for myself, watching Jr walk away from racing, is probably hard for me than what it is for other fans of his.

I'm going to be at the race in Homestead on Nov 19th, right on the start/finish line. I've never taken the drive down to Homestead for a race before, but with Jr retiring, there is no way I'm going to miss being at the Homestead race this year.

A little extra tidbit. Jr's uncle, John Earnhardt, (or maybe its his great uncle) comes to my church every year to preach during race weeks in February. I don't know John Earnhardt too well but I have gotten to know him some over all the years of him preaching at my church.

I've thought about asking him if it was possible for him to work something out for me to Jr; on a personal non-fan type of level, as I've "met" Jr before from him standing around and signing autographs and what not. But I'm afraid of coming across to John Earnhardt as me just trying to take advantage of him to get autographs and stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Jr went to Redskins TC today. He was so geeked (his word) that he left his truck at the airport with the engine running. After 8 hours of idling, it used only a fourth of a tank.

It's hard not to like him.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    I got to say for a road course race, this one was pretty lame with very little action or cautions...at least there was a little bit of drama at the end with the fuel situation for everyone but at the same time other than blaney nobody was really racing for the last 20 laps or so.

overall i was disappointed with this one...i saw much better action last night

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Good to see Sherry back at the track.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    NASCAR had announced this morning that effective immediately, they are changing the overtime line from the halfway point of a lap to now the start/finish line. I have been screaming about this for months. So glad they finally made the change.

The halfway point altogether was stupid, but especially at short tracks like Bristal, Martinsville, and Richmond.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Some kinda crazy long day at Indy

It was a crazy race. We DVRed it. Fortunately, someone told us that there was a rain delay so we got the whole race.

couple things about the race...first thing i have an issue with from the get go was the start time - 2:45 at a track that has no lights...you get rain that sets it back 2 hours & you are up against the clock from the start & if that last restart didn't reach "the ot line" well then they would of had to call it for darkness, race should start at 1:30 when track has no lights.

next up is i feel bad for kyle because he had a dominate car & was going to win if not for truex taking him out, i know it was just hard racing but the fact is that the 78 got loose & wrecked the 18 end of story...

last thing is that i'm glad kasey ended up with the win because brad most certainly started before him on the next to last restart that ended up in a pileup & he could have been penalized.

side note: 12 different winners now with still 6 to go, absolutely could have over 16 winners which means a win does not gaurantee a playoff spot as these fools keep advertising...that means points will be a factor for the winners with 1 win to determine the 16 spots...

still have kyle, kenseth, logano, earnhart jr, bowyer, elliot & i said it before watch out for almendinger at the glen
    They do need to reconsider the start time when there are no lights.

All my drivers were involved in some altercation today. Only thing that made it a little better is that Johnson was too.

The one that got me was Bowyer. I told hubby that it looked like he turned left to avoid the two in front of him. He disagreed. In his interview though, that's what Bowyer said he did. Knowing that the 77 was near him.

Larson got a little feisty. And glad Truex is okay.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    couple things about the race...first thing i have an issue with from the get go was the start time - 2:45 at a track that has no lights...you get rain that sets it back 2 hours & you are up against the clock from the start & if that last restart didn't reach "the ot line" well then they would of had to call it for darkness, race should start at 1:30 when track has no lights.

next up is i feel bad for kyle because he had a dominate car & was going to win if not for truex taking him out, i know it was just hard racing but the fact is that the 78 got loose & wrecked the 18 end of story...

last thing is that i'm glad kasey ended up with the win because brad most certainly started before him on the next to last restart that ended up in a pileup & he could have been penalized.

side note: 12 different winners now with still 6 to go, absolutely could have over 16 winners which means a win does not gaurantee a playoff spot as these fools keep advertising...that means points will be a factor for the winners with 1 win to determine the 16 spots...

still have kyle, kenseth, logano, earnhart jr, bowyer, elliot & i said it before watch out for almendinger at the glen

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Some kinda crazy long day at Indy

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Trucks at Eldora tonight. On FOX Business? We had to search for it but we do get it. It's being replayed on FS1 later.

One of the most popular and funnest races and it's on a channel I never heard of. All because of soccer.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    So i had a great time last night at Jennserstown Speedway (the local track i visit every sat.)

The track had a visit form the ISMA series..International Supermodified Association & i thought i mentioned this last year as they were there then as well but i didn't see any post on it but anyway...

these cars are amazing! they will knock your socks off with the speeds & sounds they produce...i believe the numbers mentioned are that they weigh 2000 pounds & have 900 horespower & they flat out fly through the turns with the giant wing. these cars have no batteries or starters & must always be push-started.

they put on a hell of a show & i recommend anybody who has a chance to see thenm to not miss out because they truly are awesome race machines

Sounds awesome. I'll have to check them out and see if they're around this area.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    So i had a great time last night at Jennserstown Speedway (the local track i visit every sat.)

The track had a visit form the ISMA series..International Supermodified Association & i thought i mentioned this last year as they were there then as well but i didn't see any post on it but anyway...

these cars are amazing! they will knock your socks off with the speeds & sounds they produce...i believe the numbers mentioned are that they weigh 2000 pounds & have 900 horespower & they flat out fly through the turns with the giant wing. these cars have no batteries or starters & must always be push-started.

they put on a hell of a show & i recommend anybody who has a chance to see thenm to not miss out because they truly are awesome race machines

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Isn't larson locked in with ganassi i thought? Tony has said he would love to have him on his team...

i do think this will be it for danica, she just isn't getting the job done & how bout the idea that tony talks carl into coming back to drive for him? who better to work for than the guy who barely edged you out of a title.

kenseth may end up in the 88 & then again he may end up without a ride, he seems to have dropped off in his results over the past couple years & as you mentioned he is getting up there in age..happened with biffle, although he never accomplished half of what kenseth did

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older
    I got the information from NASCAR's site. I don't know when Larson's contract is up. Maybe they threw him in there because of the opening in the 88 and Stewart's interest.

https://galleries.nascar.com/gallery...illy-season#/1

I think if Patrick can dig up a good sponsor, she'll have another year. I'm just wondering about her mental attitude after that one crash. I know things get said in the moment, but if she's really that concerned about her safety, it might be time to walk away. Interesting idea about Carl. Wouldn't mind seeing him drive for Tony.

Jr has said that Kenseth will be racing next year. Kind of makes you wonder.

I agree about your list of drivers being out in the next few years. Some will retire on their terms, some will just fade away.

Drivers moving up. My opinion. There are others, but these are the guys that stand out to me.

From X--- Byron, Kennedy, Tifft, Custer, Hemric, Wallace Jr, Riddick

From Trucks--- C. Bell, Gragson, B. Rhodes, R, Truex, Cindric, Briscoe, JH Nemechek (don't like him, but I see him moving up the system)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X