Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by saltybuggah View Post
    i've entered a Nascar thread...



    i'm gonna make a Right TURN and get on outta here
    :doh:






    Post reported.


    --->
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

    sigpic

    Comment


    • BM_69, the crew guy really did mess up the race. He looked so upset with himself. What was it, a 4 race suspension?

      Salty, RIGHT TURNS make you a road racer. I love road courses!

      F1 is going to a most wins format for the Championship---whoever wins the most races, wins. I thought the following was interesting.

      If NASCAR would have had this system since 2000, how would the champs look for those season?
      Year: Most Wins, Actual Champ
      2008: Edwards [9 wins], Johnson [7]
      2007: Johnson [10], Johnson
      2006: Kahne [6], Johnson [5]
      2005: Biffle [6], Stewart [5]
      2004: Johnson [8], Kurt Busch [3]
      (2004-2008 have used the Chase format)
      2003: Newman [8], Kenseth [1]
      2002: Kenseth [5], Stewart [3]
      2001: Gordon [6], Gordon
      2000: Stewart [6], Bobby Labonte [2]
      (stats from ESPN.com/Ed Hinton)(3-18-2009)
      Administrator

      #LupusAwareness

      #TackleCancer

      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

      Comment


      • A lot has happened since I last was in here. I feel bad for that crew memeber, granted it was a bone headed move but it is an understandable one.


        Gordon is looking like he as about to break through and start to win again.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

        Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Congrats to Kyle at Bristol. What an interesting race.

          I was impressed with Kasey Kahne the way he moved up the field all day.

          A good day for coach Gibbs taking the 1 2.
          Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 03-23-2009, 07:54 AM.
          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

          sigpic

          Comment


          • Another Bullring next week.
            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

            Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
              BM_69, the crew guy really did mess up the race. He looked so upset with himself. What was it, a 4 race suspension?
              I hadn't heard of the suspension but knew it was coming. I didn't catch them talking about it at all at Bristol.

              Originally posted by Southstander View Post
              Another Bullring next week.
              I prefer the larger tracks but will watch it anyway. As draining as it is on the drivers, I'm surprised they don't space these races out more.

              MD ya going to Martinsville or is it too far?
              :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

              sigpic

              Comment


              • The race was really good on sunday... but hey: It's Bristol. Bristol is always good!

                I'm glad that #18 won. Let's hope he can carry this to Martinsville.

                Got to see if I can catch any stream next sunday to watch the race. Unfortunately there is NO way to watch NASCAR in Germany in TV (neither free nor PayTV) so you always have to look for streams and you never know if you'll find one that really works. I hope that I'll find one, I love Martinsville.
                sigpic

                BRING BACK ORANGE!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by shardar View Post
                  The race was really good on sunday... but hey: It's Bristol. Bristol is always good!

                  I'm glad that #18 won. Let's hope he can carry this to Martinsville.

                  Got to see if I can catch any stream next sunday to watch the race. Unfortunately there is NO way to watch NASCAR in Germany in TV (neither free nor PayTV) so you always have to look for streams and you never know if you'll find one that really works. I hope that I'll find one, I love Martinsville.

                  That's a bummer. I thought NASCAR was a European favorite.


                  I wanted to make a side comment about this season vs. last.

                  The tire issue seems to have been addressed. The fact that Jimmy Johnson kept avoiding the pits and kept riding his rubber the way he did was impressive. The confidence level must be back.

                  And to hear comments that tires were reaching the cord level on some pits was shocking regarding the right side on some teams.
                  :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                    That's a bummer. I thought NASCAR was a European favorite.
                    Well, I can't speak for other European countries but in Germany NASCAR is pretty unpopular. People here prefer Formula 1 and most of them never heard of NASCAR or think it's a lame sport. People here don't like the idea of racing on ovals, they like the road courses and think it's much more exciting to watch races on road courses than on ovals. Usually they say things like "NASCAR? Boy, how can you watch cars go around in circles for three hours? Anyway, must be pretty easy, I can't believe that those drivers actually could compete in real racing!"
                    So, there are just a few NASCAR-fans here in Germany. No football-fans, no NASCAR-fans... my sundays are pretty lonely.
                    sigpic

                    BRING BACK ORANGE!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                      I hadn't heard of the suspension but knew it was coming. I didn't catch them talking about it at all at Bristol.


                      I prefer the larger tracks but will watch it anyway. As draining as it is on the drivers, I'm surprised they don't space these races out more.

                      MD ya going to Martinsville or is it too far?
                      No Martinsville for us. A little too far for a day trip. Usually, we just do Dover.

                      Originally posted by shardar View Post
                      Well, I can't speak for other European countries but in Germany NASCAR is pretty unpopular. People here prefer Formula 1 and most of them never heard of NASCAR or think it's a lame sport. People here don't like the idea of racing on ovals, they like the road courses and think it's much more exciting to watch races on road courses than on ovals. Usually they say things like "NASCAR? Boy, how can you watch cars go around in circles for three hours? Anyway, must be pretty easy, I can't believe that those drivers actually could compete in real racing!"
                      So, there are just a few NASCAR-fans here in Germany. No football-fans, no NASCAR-fans... my sundays are pretty lonely.
                      My sympathies, shadar.

                      Are you near an American base? You could find some football and race fans to hang with there.
                      Administrator

                      #LupusAwareness

                      #TackleCancer

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • I was a little surprised that Denny wasn't a little tiffed at Jimmie.

                        I can't believe neither of them wrecked!

                        Two small tracks in a row.

                        Bring On Texas!!
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Hamlin knew it was it his fault, that is why was not mad.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                          Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                            Hamlin knew it was it his fault, that is why was not mad.
                            I like what he said in the post race interview too. "I would have done the same thing to him"

                            When bumping and pushing are routine at these small tracks, Gordon got mad and should have known he wasn't exempt to the fact it occurs. I can't remember who bumped Jeff but was surprised they aired his comment to the pit crew.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • It was Hamlin.
                              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Obama Orders Chevrolet and Dodge Out Of NASCAR

                                Car News:

                                With their racing budgets deemed “unnecessary expenditures,” GM and Chrysler are ordered to cease racing operations at the end of the season.

                                http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ascar_car_news



                                I don't think this means the last of Mopar and Chevy.

                                At least I "hope" not.

                                All of the teams' owners are very ingenious.











                                .

                                May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X