Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Really wanted truex to win it. Still shows how far Brian France has run the sport into the ground, a powerhouse like frr couldn't get a sponsor
    sigpic

    2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

    Comment


    • Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.
      Administrator
      sigpic

      #LupusAwareness

      #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
        Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.
        That is heartbreaking.
        My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          Thoughts and prayers to Kyle and Samantha Busch. They lost their little girl in a miscarriage. Her twitter post is so heartbreaking.
          That's rough. Been there and it's one of the saddest things my wife and I ever had to deal with. No matter my thoughts on the guy as a driver, my heart goes out to him as a person right now.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            That's rough. Been there and it's one of the saddest things my wife and I ever had to deal with. No matter my thoughts on the guy as a driver, my heart goes out to him as a person right now.
            I'm sorry for your loss, Frey. It's a hard thing to go through.



            RIP J.D.

            Thoughts and prayers to the family.

            Joe Gibbs Racing announced late Friday night that J.D. Gibbs had died from a “degenerative neurological disease.” He was 49.

            Gibbs, the son of team namesake Joe Gibbs, was the co-founder of JGR. He held management roles with the team throughout its existence. The team said in 2015 that Gibbs was having brain issues but had not figured out their cause.
            Administrator
            sigpic

            #LupusAwareness

            #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

            Comment


            • I think it's almost time for racing to start. I hope I won't be talking to myself.
              Administrator
              sigpic

              #LupusAwareness

              #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

              "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                I think it's almost time for racing to start. I hope I won't be talking to myself.
                I'm still here peanut, just not posting much in the off season but i'm ready for some racing....next weekend is the start with i believe they call it "the clash" now?

                anyhow, i am really excited for the local track but that isn't until may
                sigpic

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  I'm still here peanut, just not posting much in the off season but i'm ready for some racing....next weekend is the start with i believe they call it "the clash" now?

                  anyhow, i am really excited for the local track but that isn't until may
                  I know a lot of people take a break in the off season. I haven't looked at any start dates or anything. I read some of the drivers' Twitter accounts and there's more racing talk. Some, like Larson and Bell race all year (New Zealand).Hope it warms up for them (and the fans).

                  Besides the local track, what are you looking forward to? I know there's been some changes at Stewart Racing.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

                  #LupusAwareness

                  #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                    I know a lot of people take a break in the off season. I haven't looked at any start dates or anything. I read some of the drivers' Twitter accounts and there's more racing talk. Some, like Larson and Bell race all year (New Zealand).Hope it warms up for them (and the fans).

                    Besides the local track, what are you looking forward to? I know there's been some changes at Stewart Racing.
                    Well i am curious to see if martin truex will have a smooth transition to gibbs or will it take some time?

                    Also i would like to see if almirola can improve on last season which was a career best for him but yet in a way i feel he & the 10 team may also feel they left a few wins out there, so we shall see how it all plays out.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      Well i am curious to see if martin truex will have a smooth transition to gibbs or will it take some time?

                      Also i would like to see if almirola can improve on last season which was a career best for him but yet in a way i feel he & the 10 team may also feel they left a few wins out there, so we shall see how it all plays out.
                      I'm trying to remember if Truex is keeping the same crew and crew chief. I think he is. If so, it'll make it easier.

                      The 10 should keep improving. It'll be interesting to watch.

                      So good to see:

                      Administrator
                      sigpic

                      #LupusAwareness

                      #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                      "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                      Comment


                      • Wow! Johnson should have retired...

                        first he wrecks the entire field sunday & now he drives straight into the side of kyle, what the hell is his problem?

                        he better watch his back because he is not making any friends
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          Wow! Johnson should have retired...

                          first he wrecks the entire field sunday & now he drives straight into the side of kyle, what the hell is his problem?

                          he better watch his back because he is not making any friends
                          I saw Sunday's race. Haven't seen the Duels, yet.

                          I understand that last year was horrible for Johnson and the need to start winning again. But...to take out a driver and team like Menard? And, yes, I think it was Johnson's fault. One view shows that Menard held his line and Johnson went up the track. At least that's what I saw.

                          Now I have to go see which Kyle.
                          Last edited by Peanut; 02-15-2019, 07:05 PM.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

                          #LupusAwareness

                          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • RIP Sam Bass.


                            Administrator
                            sigpic

                            #LupusAwareness

                            #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                            "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                            Comment


                            • Where is everyone in this thread? ha ha!

                              Well my thoughts thus far...daytona was same old crash fest, atlanta was nothing special & then there was all this talk about when vegas rolled around that the new rules package was going to create more exciting closer pack style racing...

                              boy were they totally wrong on that, i didn't see any of that at all & other than the leaders not getting away from one another it was just your average race & nothing different.

                              Seems like harvick starts these races off as the favorite leading but then fades a bit while the penske boys of logano & kes along with kyle busch get stronger as the race goes.

                              overall it appears in the early stages that it will be the same players as last season

                              :2cents:
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                Where is everyone in this thread? ha ha!

                                Well my thoughts thus far...daytona was same old crash fest, atlanta was nothing special & then there was all this talk about when vegas rolled around that the new rules package was going to create more exciting closer pack style racing...

                                boy were they totally wrong on that, i didn't see any of that at all & other than the leaders not getting away from one another it was just your average race & nothing different.

                                Seems like harvick starts these races off as the favorite leading but then fades a bit while the penske boys of logano & kes along with kyle busch get stronger as the race goes.

                                overall it appears in the early stages that it will be the same players as last season

                                :2cents:
                                I guess it's our own private thread.

                                They're trying to make it better. Not sure what they can do, though.

                                Not surprising about the same players. Strong drivers + strong teams = being on top.

                                Stewart was on the DJD a few weeks back. He had some interesting comments about raw, natural talent VS learned talent. I thought Kyle Busch would have been in the former group, but Tony says that there's only one driver in Cup right now and that's Kyle Larson. In X, he says maybe C. Bell. Both dirt racers.
                                Administrator
                                sigpic

                                #LupusAwareness

                                #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X