Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That was quite a display of support for Bubba Wallace. Looks like a family.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by CanDB View Post
      That was quite a display of support for Bubba Wallace. Looks like a family.
      I wish the racing would be that exciting every week. I really wanna watch and cheer bubba on, but it's gotten so boring for the last 5-10 years.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        I wish the racing would be that exciting every week. I really wanna watch and cheer bubba on, but it's gotten so boring for the last 5-10 years.
        I hope he wins a race.

        It's not my sport, but I respect the skills of the drivers, and their crews. I don't even know how they can drive so fast, and so close together. Mind you, we got a taste of it from the cab drivers in Italy!!!!!!!!!

        Comment


        • .





          I had a funny feeling that Can would be popping into the NASCAR thread again

          btw fyi:



          NASCAR statement on FBI investigation at Talladega Superspeedway

          Official NASCAR Release
          NASCAR.com
          June 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM

          https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...superspeedway/



          FBI concludes no federal hate crime targeting Wallace committed at Talladega
          By Zack Albert
          NASCAR.com
          June 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM

          https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...investigation/


          Photos:
          https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...890052609.html

          .

          May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

          Comment


          • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
            .





            I had a funny feeling that Can would be popping into the NASCAR thread again

            btw fyi:



            NASCAR statement on FBI investigation at Talladega Superspeedway

            Official NASCAR Release
            NASCAR.com
            June 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM

            https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...superspeedway/



            FBI concludes no federal hate crime targeting Wallace committed at Talladega
            By Zack Albert
            NASCAR.com
            June 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM

            https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...investigation/


            Photos:
            https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...890052609.html

            .
            You know me....always got an opinion...often with no real knowledge!!!

            This investigation is unfortunate in that, they should not have gone public with it, without knowing the facts. It will not help Wallace. And it takes away from that very supportive gesture on the part of his fellow drivers. Though I believe they still support him. Just adds fuel to those who are against.

            I'll leave it there.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
              .





              I had a funny feeling that Can would be popping into the NASCAR thread again

              btw fyi:



              NASCAR statement on FBI investigation at Talladega Superspeedway

              Official NASCAR Release
              NASCAR.com
              June 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM

              https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...superspeedway/



              FBI concludes no federal hate crime targeting Wallace committed at Talladega
              By Zack Albert
              NASCAR.com
              June 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM

              https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...investigation/


              Photos:
              https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...890052609.html

              .
              I'm done with this whole deal & not even going to comment on how i feel about the whole thing, nor is it even really worth a response IMO.

              i am however getting super pumped for the big 4th of july race at our track (peanut should come)

              https://speedsport.com/stock-cars/to...7Mi7bHGU-NXHKE

              https://carsracingtour.com/cars-tour...n-freedom-300/

              CARS TOUR AND CRA MEET AT JENNERSTOWN FOR THE $20,000-TO-WIN THOMAS AUTOMOTIVE AMERICAN FREEDOM 300
              by James Pike | posted in: News | 0
              MOORESVILLE, N.C. (June 18, 2020) – The Solid Rock Carriers CARS Tour and the Champion Racing Association (CRA) will make their inaugural visits to the Jennerstown Speedway Complex on Independence Day weekend for the Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300.

              The two sanctioning bodies have joined forces for a doubleheader at Jennerstown on July 4. The Super Late Models of the Solid Rock Carriers CARS Tour and the ARCA/CRA Super Series will compete in a $20,000-to-win, 200-lap race, while the JEGS/CRA All Star Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance will contest a 100-lap Pro Late Model race. An Independence Day fireworks show will complete the evening’s doubleheader.

              CARS Tour series owner Jack McNelly, who grew up in nearby Cross Creek, Pennsylvania, believes that the Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300 will introduce drivers from around the country to Jennerstown and introduce the fans of Central Pennsylvania to some of the best asphalt drivers in the country.

              “This will be a track that a majority of the field has never raced at,” said McNelly. “You have drivers like Brian Campbell, Josh Brock, and Kyle Crump from the CRA, and then Matt Craig, Trevor Noles, and Sammy Smith from the CARS Tour.

              “There are also drivers from the Deep South like Bubba Pollard, Stephen Nasse, and Chris Davidson entered. You’re going to have a star-studded field at a neutral track that few have any experience on,” explained an excited McNelly.

              The $20,000-to-win, 200-lap Super Late Model race will feature controlled cautions, which will allow teams to change tires, take fuel, and make adjustments to their cars. Those competitors that choose to pit will only lose positions to drivers who do not come down pit road. Teams will be allowed to either change tires or take fuel, but may not do both on the same controlled caution.

              The 100-lap Pro Late Model event for the JEGS/CRA All Star Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance will be a standard format event without necessary pit stops.

              “The controlled cautions will add an element of strategy into the race. Teams will have to pick the right time to change tires and fill up with enough fuel to go the distance,” said McNelly. “Even though we’ll have a firework show after the event, I think there will be some fireworks on-track as well.”

              Tickets for the inaugural Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300 are $20 in advance and $25 the day of the event for adults 13 years of age and older. Fans 12 and under are free with a paid adult. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. on July 4. Tickets can be purchased in advance online at www.carsracingtour.com.

              gonna be awesome!!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                .





                I had a funny feeling that Can would be popping into the NASCAR thread again

                btw fyi:



                NASCAR statement on FBI investigation at Talladega Superspeedway

                Official NASCAR Release
                NASCAR.com
                June 23, 2020 at 5:32 PM

                https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...superspeedway/



                FBI concludes no federal hate crime targeting Wallace committed at Talladega
                By Zack Albert
                NASCAR.com
                June 23, 2020 at 7:31 PM

                https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...investigation/


                Photos:
                https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...890052609.html

                .
                http://www.cbssports.com/nascar/news...e-at-talladega

                http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/st...ncern-was-real
                Last edited by samparnell; 06-26-2020, 04:02 PM.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

                Comment


                • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                  I'm done with this whole deal & not even going to comment on how i feel about the whole thing, nor is it even really worth a response IMO.

                  i am however getting super pumped for the big 4th of july race at our track (peanut should come)

                  https://speedsport.com/stock-cars/to...7Mi7bHGU-NXHKE

                  https://carsracingtour.com/cars-tour...n-freedom-300/

                  CARS TOUR AND CRA MEET AT JENNERSTOWN FOR THE $20,000-TO-WIN THOMAS AUTOMOTIVE AMERICAN FREEDOM 300
                  by James Pike | posted in: News | 0
                  MOORESVILLE, N.C. (June 18, 2020) – The Solid Rock Carriers CARS Tour and the Champion Racing Association (CRA) will make their inaugural visits to the Jennerstown Speedway Complex on Independence Day weekend for the Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300.

                  The two sanctioning bodies have joined forces for a doubleheader at Jennerstown on July 4. The Super Late Models of the Solid Rock Carriers CARS Tour and the ARCA/CRA Super Series will compete in a $20,000-to-win, 200-lap race, while the JEGS/CRA All Star Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance will contest a 100-lap Pro Late Model race. An Independence Day fireworks show will complete the evening’s doubleheader.

                  CARS Tour series owner Jack McNelly, who grew up in nearby Cross Creek, Pennsylvania, believes that the Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300 will introduce drivers from around the country to Jennerstown and introduce the fans of Central Pennsylvania to some of the best asphalt drivers in the country.

                  “This will be a track that a majority of the field has never raced at,” said McNelly. “You have drivers like Brian Campbell, Josh Brock, and Kyle Crump from the CRA, and then Matt Craig, Trevor Noles, and Sammy Smith from the CARS Tour.

                  “There are also drivers from the Deep South like Bubba Pollard, Stephen Nasse, and Chris Davidson entered. You’re going to have a star-studded field at a neutral track that few have any experience on,” explained an excited McNelly.

                  The $20,000-to-win, 200-lap Super Late Model race will feature controlled cautions, which will allow teams to change tires, take fuel, and make adjustments to their cars. Those competitors that choose to pit will only lose positions to drivers who do not come down pit road. Teams will be allowed to either change tires or take fuel, but may not do both on the same controlled caution.

                  The 100-lap Pro Late Model event for the JEGS/CRA All Star Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance will be a standard format event without necessary pit stops.

                  “The controlled cautions will add an element of strategy into the race. Teams will have to pick the right time to change tires and fill up with enough fuel to go the distance,” said McNelly. “Even though we’ll have a firework show after the event, I think there will be some fireworks on-track as well.”

                  Tickets for the inaugural Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300 are $20 in advance and $25 the day of the event for adults 13 years of age and older. Fans 12 and under are free with a paid adult. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. on July 4. Tickets can be purchased in advance online at www.carsracingtour.com.

                  gonna be awesome!!
                  Wish I could, but I'm still isolating. I have certain health issues and don't want to take unnecessary risks. I know you'll have a great time. Hopefully you'll share some pictures with us.
                  Administrator
                  sigpic

                  #LupusAwareness

                  #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                  "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    I'm done with this whole deal & not even going to comment on how i feel about the whole thing, nor is it even really worth a response IMO.

                    i am however getting super pumped for the big 4th of july race at our track (peanut should come)

                    https://speedsport.com/stock-cars/to...7Mi7bHGU-NXHKE

                    https://carsracingtour.com/cars-tour...n-freedom-300/

                    CARS TOUR AND CRA MEET AT JENNERSTOWN FOR THE $20,000-TO-WIN THOMAS AUTOMOTIVE AMERICAN FREEDOM 300
                    by James Pike | posted in: News | 0
                    MOORESVILLE, N.C. (June 18, 2020) – The Solid Rock Carriers CARS Tour and the Champion Racing Association (CRA) will make their inaugural visits to the Jennerstown Speedway Complex on Independence Day weekend for the Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300.

                    The two sanctioning bodies have joined forces for a doubleheader at Jennerstown on July 4. The Super Late Models of the Solid Rock Carriers CARS Tour and the ARCA/CRA Super Series will compete in a $20,000-to-win, 200-lap race, while the JEGS/CRA All Star Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance will contest a 100-lap Pro Late Model race. An Independence Day fireworks show will complete the evening’s doubleheader.

                    CARS Tour series owner Jack McNelly, who grew up in nearby Cross Creek, Pennsylvania, believes that the Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300 will introduce drivers from around the country to Jennerstown and introduce the fans of Central Pennsylvania to some of the best asphalt drivers in the country.

                    “This will be a track that a majority of the field has never raced at,” said McNelly. “You have drivers like Brian Campbell, Josh Brock, and Kyle Crump from the CRA, and then Matt Craig, Trevor Noles, and Sammy Smith from the CARS Tour.

                    “There are also drivers from the Deep South like Bubba Pollard, Stephen Nasse, and Chris Davidson entered. You’re going to have a star-studded field at a neutral track that few have any experience on,” explained an excited McNelly.

                    The $20,000-to-win, 200-lap Super Late Model race will feature controlled cautions, which will allow teams to change tires, take fuel, and make adjustments to their cars. Those competitors that choose to pit will only lose positions to drivers who do not come down pit road. Teams will be allowed to either change tires or take fuel, but may not do both on the same controlled caution.

                    The 100-lap Pro Late Model event for the JEGS/CRA All Star Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance will be a standard format event without necessary pit stops.

                    “The controlled cautions will add an element of strategy into the race. Teams will have to pick the right time to change tires and fill up with enough fuel to go the distance,” said McNelly. “Even though we’ll have a firework show after the event, I think there will be some fireworks on-track as well.”

                    Tickets for the inaugural Thomas Automotive American Freedom 300 are $20 in advance and $25 the day of the event for adults 13 years of age and older. Fans 12 and under are free with a paid adult. Gates open at 4:30 p.m. on July 4. Tickets can be purchased in advance online at www.carsracingtour.com.

                    gonna be awesome!!
                    You need to get to a real track man......with some dirt on it.
                    sigpic
                    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                    Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                    US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                      Wish I could, but I'm still isolating. I have certain health issues and don't want to take unnecessary risks. I know you'll have a great time. Hopefully you'll share some pictures with us.
                      Well you stay safe there peanut, i kinda figured that was the case & i will see what i can do for some pictures

                      Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
                      You need to get to a real track man......with some dirt on it.
                      yeah my co-worker that goes to jennerstown all the time has been trying to get me out to bedford for a few years now...just hard with my work schedule being they run friday nights & i work til 5, but maybe someday
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                        Well you stay safe there peanut, i kinda figured that was the case & i will see what i can do for some pictures



                        yeah my co-worker that goes to jennerstown all the time has been trying to get me out to bedford for a few years now...just hard with my work schedule being they run friday nights & i work til 5, but maybe someday
                        You got Bedford down there. You're also not too far away from Port Royal if you've never been there. This Saturday is one of their biggest races(Greg Hodnett Classic) for PA Speedweek. I'm thinking about making the trip down(only 3 hours.) Dirt is so much better then asphalt lol
                        sigpic
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                        Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                        US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                          Well you stay safe there peanut, i kinda figured that was the case & i will see what i can do for some pictures



                          yeah my co-worker that goes to jennerstown all the time has been trying to get me out to bedford for a few years now...just hard with my work schedule being they run friday nights & i work til 5, but maybe someday
                          I hope it went well and you didn't get the storm we had that day.
                          Administrator
                          sigpic

                          #LupusAwareness

                          #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                            I hope it went well and you didn't get the storm we had that day.
                            oh yeah it was a good time, no rain or anything...lot of awesome late models although the racing itself was just ok.

                            bubba pollard led the final 116 laps out of 200 & i think he had like over 150 in all, once he got out front nobody could catch him, but they say he is one of if not the best late model driver in the country.

                            forgot to charge my camera so no pics (i don't have a fancy phone either ha ha!) however you can see all the pics you want on the jennerstown facebook page.

                            23 cars ran the main event & my god was it loud, both me & my son's ears were ringing for a while...could no even imagine if there were 8 or 10 more out there.

                            well the 3rd annual masters is up next in 4 weeks & that will be a great show. year 1 - 18 cars, year 2 -38 cars...how many show up this year?
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • 39 410 Sprint Cars, for the biggest race in Western PA for the Outlaws Tuesday night. It was one of, if not THE, best Sprint Car race I've ever watched. Larson, Schatz and Sweet put on a hell of a show. Go watch the highlights if you haven't seen it. Insane racing.
                              sigpic
                              2020 Adopt-A-Bronco -- Philip Lindsay -- The Tasmanian Devil
                              Let's Go Broncos, Penguins, Penn State, Matt DiBenedetto & Tony Stewart!
                              US Navy 8/15/06-CURRENT ~~ EN1(SCW) ~~ ACB-2

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                                oh yeah it was a good time, no rain or anything...lot of awesome late models although the racing itself was just ok.

                                bubba pollard led the final 116 laps out of 200 & i think he had like over 150 in all, once he got out front nobody could catch him, but they say he is one of if not the best late model driver in the country.

                                forgot to charge my camera so no pics (i don't have a fancy phone either ha ha!) however you can see all the pics you want on the jennerstown facebook page.

                                23 cars ran the main event & my god was it loud, both me & my son's ears were ringing for a while...could no even imagine if there were 8 or 10 more out there.

                                well the 3rd annual masters is up next in 4 weeks & that will be a great show. year 1 - 18 cars, year 2 -38 cars...how many show up this year?
                                Glad you had a good time.

                                Originally posted by taz1458 View Post
                                39 410 Sprint Cars, for the biggest race in Western PA for the Outlaws Tuesday night. It was one of, if not THE, best Sprint Car race I've ever watched. Larson, Schatz and Sweet put on a hell of a show. Go watch the highlights if you haven't seen it. Insane racing.
                                I heard about it but haven't seen it. I'll have to go find it.
                                Administrator
                                sigpic

                                #LupusAwareness

                                #TackleCancer - Adopted Bronco: Phillip Lindsay

                                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X