X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Jones came up through the Busch/Gibbs feeder system. I always thought he would be with Gibbs. If Edwards had announced his retirement earlier, Jones probably would have had that ride instead of Suarez (I don't think Suarez was ready for Cup). Timing.

I hope Furniture Row stays with a 2 car team. Maybe Christopher Bell? I don't know if Matt Tifft or Kyle Benjamin (I really like this guy) are ready, yet.

Other Silly Season stuff: Larson in the 88 or Stewart-Haas? Probably stays with the 42. Kenseth to the 88 (He's 45 years old?)?
    Isn't larson locked in with ganassi i thought? Tony has said he would love to have him on his team...

i do think this will be it for danica, she just isn't getting the job done & how bout the idea that tony talks carl into coming back to drive for him? who better to work for than the guy who barely edged you out of a title.

kenseth may end up in the 88 & then again he may end up without a ride, he seems to have dropped off in his results over the past couple years & as you mentioned he is getting up there in age..happened with biffle, although he never accomplished half of what kenseth did

i said it before but age is catching up with more of these guys than there are up coming young guys to take there place, i predict over the next 3 - 5 years these drivers will be gone...

kenseth, newman, harvick, johnson, kahne, hamlin, kurth busch, mcmurray, bowyer...they are all 36 years or older

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by brianmcfarlane View Post
    I am disappointed that Jones is not staying with Denver Mattress team. I don't understand the situation. I know when he took the ride they said it would almost certainly be only 1 season; I don't get why?

OTOH ... GO Truex! Another win ... dominating playoff points and stage wins; not sure what the value of that is at this point but looks like he is a lock for the chase. I hope he can stay hot through the chase and get a championship. :thumb:
    Jones came up through the Busch/Gibbs feeder system. I always thought he would be with Gibbs. If Edwards had announced his retirement earlier, Jones probably would have had that ride instead of Suarez (I don't think Suarez was ready for Cup). Timing.

I hope Furniture Row stays with a 2 car team. Maybe Christopher Bell? I don't know if Matt Tifft or Kyle Benjamin (I really like this guy) are ready, yet.

Other Silly Season stuff: Larson in the 88 or Stewart-Haas? Probably stays with the 42. Kenseth to the 88 (He's 45 years old?)?

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    The year started out with me watching every race, but it's still boring to me. I don't know if it's that the sport is just boring now, or if I've just grown past it, but I can't sit through a race anymore...
    I have to admit that I only watch the first ~20 minutes, ~20 minutes in the middle of the race, then the last ~20 minutes ... I have never been able to watch the whole race, unless I was at the race ... only have been to 2 big time races and both were Indy though.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    I thought it was a little early for Silly Season. Sorry about Kenseth, but I'm glad to see Jones going to the 20. Somewhere in here, I've mentioned that I wanted him to be with Gibbs.

Spider-man is back.
    I am disappointed that Jones is not staying with Denver Mattress team. I don't understand the situation. I know when he took the ride they said it would almost certainly be only 1 season; I don't get why?

OTOH ... GO Truex! Another win ... dominating playoff points and stage wins; not sure what the value of that is at this point but looks like he is a lock for the chase. I hope he can stay hot through the chase and get a championship. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    The year started out with me watching every race, but it's still boring to me. I don't know if it's that the sport is just boring now, or if I've just grown past it, but I can't sit through a race anymore...

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I thought it was a little early for Silly Season. Sorry about Kenseth, but I'm glad to see Jones going to the 20. Somewhere in here, I've mentioned that I wanted him to be with Gibbs.

Spider-man is back.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    How long have you been watching Nascar Peanut? Did you watch in the 80's & 90's? I miss that era. There was a time when the stands were full for every race, a two year waiting list to get tickets for Bristol aside from ebay and so forth. Now the stands are half empty.

I'd be fine, if they went back to the old point system & and done away with the chase, and all of this segment stuff. That said I'll be going to mid ohio for the Busch series. Sorry, I still call it the Busch series & the Winston cup series lol.
    I really don't remember when I started watching NASCAR. 90's? We were at Dover for the first race after 9-11 (one of my favorite sports memories. The electricity of the crowd. Jr doing victory laps with the American flag) and that was like our third race there. It took us a few years to decide to go for a race. Trying to find a timeline. I remember Ernie Irvan in the 4. So about 1993. Sorry for thinking out loud.

I miss the old system, too. But they try to make it better, keep up with the other sports.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 07-04-2017, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• brianmcfarlane
    replied
    This sport is a far cry from what it once was. It's sad, and it's by Nascar's own doing. It's went down hill since Dale Sr died at this very track. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, because I loved this sport, but I'd rather watch Indy Cars nowadays.
    I'm exactly the opposite since around 2000. I think all racing has gone down hill ... I liked Indy until about 15 years ago, I think I like to watch Americans race.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied
    I still watch and enjoy NASCAR. Lots of great talent coming up.

IndyCars has always been my first choice. Rules are different. I'm not crazy about the blocking rule. Would like to see that loosen up a bit. A great mix of road/street courses and ovals.

Tonight's race was interesting. I think all my drivers were involved in accidents, one going airborne.
    How long have you been watching Nascar Peanut? Did you watch in the 80's & 90's? I miss that era. There was a time when the stands were full for every race, a two year waiting list to get tickets for Bristol aside from ebay and so forth. Now the stands are half empty.

I'd be fine, if they went back to the old point system & and done away with the chase, and all of this segment stuff. That said I'll be going to mid ohio for the Busch series. Sorry, I still call it the Busch series & the Winston cup series lol.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    For the first time this year Jr scored his 2nd straight top 10 finish with a 6th place finish at Sonoma. After crashing early in the race it looked like his bad luck this season would continue but thankfully that didnt happen. Also, thankfully aerodynamics mean little at a road course.

Im super psyched for the CZ 400 this Saturday night. I've been in attendance for countless of Jr wins here in Daytona, but none of them have been the 500 or 400 (Jr's wins in those races are the only times I was not able to attend the 500 or 400 in the last 15-16 years - I have horrible luck)

I'll admit, if Jr wins Saturday night, Ill be shedding a few tears.
    I'm really pulling for Jr to win a race to get into the Chase. When he got back on the lead lap tonight, he had a good chance.

This sport is a far cry from what it once was. It's sad, and it's by Nascar's own doing. It's went down hill since Dale Sr died at this very track. I'm not trying to be negative nancy, because I loved this sport, but I'd rather watch Indy Cars nowadays.
    I still watch and enjoy NASCAR. Lots of great talent coming up.

IndyCars has always been my first choice. Rules are different. I'm not crazy about the blocking rule. Would like to see that loosen up a bit. A great mix of road/street courses and ovals.

Tonight's race was interesting. I think all my drivers were involved in accidents, one going airborne.

Leave a comment:

• ELWAY421
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    For the first time this year Jr scored his 2nd straight top 10 finish with a 6th place finish at Sonoma. After crashing early in the race it looked like his bad luck this season would continue but thankfully that didnt happen. Also, thankfully aerodynamics mean little at a road course.

Im super psyched for the CZ 400 this Saturday night. I've been in attendance for countless of Jr wins here in Daytona, but none of them have been the 500 or 400 (Jr's wins in those races are the only times I was not able to attend the 500 or 400 in the last 15-16 years - I have horrible luck)

I'll admit, if Jr wins Saturday night, Ill be shedding a few tears.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I'd like to see Jones added to that list. He just turned 21. He shows more maturity than a lot of people 10 years older.

I was hoping that it would work out for Busch. At first I thought, no way will they penalize for the tire. The rule is basically for teams intentionally putting on 2 lug nuts to get out faster. No lug nuts? That's a mistake, usually on the jackman (was he suspended?). But, I can see that it is a hazard when the wheel comes off. I told hubby that Busch was going to win during the next 4 races.
    They had a great story on Jones and his Dad on the pre-race show.

How awesome would it be if he won today?

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    I was really surprised that blaney was able to hold off harvick those last 5 laps because harvick was all over him, but congrats to ryan...having lots of first time winners this year.

kyle busch should have won the race but the crew chief made the wrong call leaving him out on track, i knew he was a sitting duck..also i think it's really tough call for the 4 race suspension his CC & tire changer got from the wheel coming off at dover...another one of those rules that needs reevaluated.
    I'd like to see Jones added to that list. He just turned 21. He shows more maturity than a lot of people 10 years older.

I was hoping that it would work out for Busch. At first I thought, no way will they penalize for the tire. The rule is basically for teams intentionally putting on 2 lug nuts to get out faster. No lug nuts? That's a mistake, usually on the jackman (was he suspended?). But, I can see that it is a hazard when the wheel comes off. I told hubby that Busch was going to win during the next 4 races.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Was away for part of the weekend. Watched Xfinity with the all driver TV team. I thought they did really well. Maybe they thought it would be funny to put Patrick and Hamlin together? I think they both would have done better if they had been paired with someone they liked. Better interactions.

Congrats to Blaney and the Wood Brothers.

IndyCar was at Texas. Makes me nervous when they go there. It's like their restrictor plate race. DVR didn't record the last 20 laps (we always program it for an extra hour). Fortunately, I have the app on my phone so I got to see the rest of the race. I agree with Kyle Busch. They need to get rid of grass infields.
    I was really surprised that blaney was able to hold off harvick those last 5 laps because harvick was all over him, but congrats to ryan...having lots of first time winners this year.

kyle busch should have won the race but the crew chief made the wrong call leaving him out on track, i knew he was a sitting duck..also i think it's really tough call for the 4 race suspension his CC & tire changer got from the wheel coming off at dover...another one of those rules that needs reevaluated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X