NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Brad sounds far to cocky for me. I sounded like he was just paying lip service in that he felt bad for wrecking Edwards.
    I've never liked him. The impression he gives me is that just because he drives for Jr, he thinks he's as good/popular/whatever as Jr.

Originally posted by Freyaka
    was he wrong though? edwards knew the rules edwards said the same thing, what it boils down to is carl decided to do his backflip slightly early and no one told him to get out of the car first.

It was classic watching him run to the start finish line though.
    That's a very flippant attitude about a bad crash that could have killed the driver and spectators. Yeah, I know. Didn't happen, so it's okay.

Carl was wrong on one point, though. NASCAR won't change anything, even if it kills a driver. Only way they'll change is if it hits them in the pocket.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• [QUOTE=Freyaka;2730024]was he wrong though? edwards knew the rules edwards said the same thing, what it boils down to is carl decided to do his backflip slightly early and no one told him to get out of the car first.

QUOTE]

He said he was going to hold his line consiqunces be (COC EDIT).

Your attempt and humor with Edwards backflip fails.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
        I've never liked him. The impression he gives me is that just because he drives for Jr, he thinks he's as good/popular/whatever as Jr.

That's a very flippant attitude about a bad crash that could have killed the driver and spectators. Yeah, I know. Didn't happen, so it's okay.

Carl was wrong on one point, though. NASCAR won't change anything, even if it kills a driver. Only way they'll change is if it hits them in the pocket.
        The only time NASCAR changes rules when someone dies is if their last name is Earnhardt.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka
          you know ya'll need to lighten up I do realize it could have been serious but it wasn't. If it had been you wouldn't be seeing me making light of it.

Lighten up and take a joke.
          It has nothing with "lighten up". It was a tasteless and classless joke.

sigpic

Comment

It has nothing with "lighten up". It was a tasteless and classless joke.
            if you say so, since it's so tasteless I'll edit it out and take it (and myself) out of this thread. Sorry to offend you.

I could understand the backlash if I was cold hearted enough to make light of something like this if it would have been serious but everyone walked away, it COULD have been serious very easily but it wasn't....but what ever I'm not going to sit here and debate it I'm just moving on I'll take my posting back to the main boards.
            Last edited by Freyaka; 04-26-2009, 08:45 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
              if you say so, since it's so tasteless I'll edit it out and take it (and myself) out of this thread. Sorry to offend you.

I could understand the backlash if I was cold hearted enough to make light of something like this if it would have been serious but everyone walked away, it COULD have been serious very easily but it wasn't....but what ever I'm not going to sit here and debate it I'm just moving on I'll take my posting back to the main boards.
              Sorry to see you go, but who needs to lighten up? Backlash? We just voiced a couple of opinions.

Originally Posted by Freyaka
              was he wrong though? edwards knew the rules edwards said the same thing, what it boils down to is carl decided to do his backflip slightly early and no one told him to get out of the car first.

It was classic watching him run to the start finish line though.
              When you posted the above (once it's quoted, it doesn't go away), did you know that 8 spectators were hurt or what their condition was (yes, it's connected since the joke was about the crash)?

Eight fans injured in Edwards wreck: Eight spectators suffered injuries at the end of the Aaron's 499 Sunday when the #99 Ford of Carl Edwards went airborne and slammed into the catchfence on the frontstretch. "None of the injuries are dangerous or life-threatening," said Dr. Bobby Lewis, medical director at Talladega Superspeedway. "It's mostly bumps and bruises with possible minor fractures." Two women were airlifted to an area hospital, but Lewis said that was for traffic concerns and not because of the severity of their injuries. "One has a lacerated lip and possible broken jaw," Lewis said. "The other person was not injured, but has unrelated medical problems." When the car hit the catchfence, pieces exploded off the car as catch fencing bent back severely, but did not break. "I'm not sure if it was pieces of car or pieces of debris from the fence that hurt the spectators," Lewis said.(ESPN)(4-26-2009)
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• OMG!!! WHAT did I miss.

8 fans were injured??? Holy Crap!!

Not seeing or knowing what happened, I can bet that fence should be at the very least doubled up?

WOW!!

I am out of the loop right now.
                :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                  OMG!!! WHAT did I miss.

8 fans were injured??? Holy Crap!!

Not seeing or knowing what happened, I can bet that fence should be at the very least doubled up?

WOW!!

I am out of the loop right now.
                  I posted a link in --->

or is it <---?

I feel like I'm stalking you.

Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

I posted a link in --->

or is it <---?

I feel like I'm stalking you.

The link is actually up there

^
                    .l
                    .l

sigpic

Comment

• Prayers to the Poole family.

David Poole: David Poole, NASCAR Writer for Charlotte Observer for the last 13 years, passed away today. David was one the first writers to ever help Jayski.com and myself back in 1997. No word on arrangements. Thoughts go out to David's family.
                      From the Charlotte Observer/Thatsracin: David Poole, an Observer reporter who became one of country’s leading authorities on NASCAR, died of a heart attack this afternoon. He was 50. Poole had just returned from last week’s race at Talledega, Ala. He was at his Stanfield home when the heart attack occurred. His daughter called 911. Emergency crews rushed him to the hospital in Stanly County, where he was pronounced dead. Poole, a Gastonia native, became the Observer’s NASCAR writer 13 years ago. He hosted "The Morning Drive" show weekday mornings on Sirius NASCAR Radio. He was a four-time winner of the National Motorsports Press Association’s George Cunningham Award as the organization's writer of the year. “He was the best in his field, there’s no doubt about that,” Observer editor Rick Thames said this afternoon in announcing Poole’s death to a hushed newsroom. Poole’s final column ran the day he died. In it he called the track at Talledega an “anachronism” after a day of dramatic crashes Sunday. “Talk about guys who own their beat, that’s what David did,” said Observer sports editor Mike Persinger. Guest book: Post your condolences.(4-28-2009)
                      Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

Prayers to the Poole family.

David Poole: David Poole, NASCAR Writer for Charlotte Observer for the last 13 years, passed away today. David was one the first writers to ever help Jayski.com and myself back in 1997. No word on arrangements. Thoughts go out to David's family.
                        From the Charlotte Observer/Thatsracin: David Poole, an Observer reporter who became one of country’s leading authorities on NASCAR, died of a heart attack this afternoon. He was 50. Poole had just returned from last week’s race at Talledega, Ala. He was at his Stanfield home when the heart attack occurred. His daughter called 911. Emergency crews rushed him to the hospital in Stanly County, where he was pronounced dead. Poole, a Gastonia native, became the Observer’s NASCAR writer 13 years ago. He hosted "The Morning Drive" show weekday mornings on Sirius NASCAR Radio. He was a four-time winner of the National Motorsports Press Association’s George Cunningham Award as the organization's writer of the year. “He was the best in his field, there’s no doubt about that,” Observer editor Rick Thames said this afternoon in announcing Poole’s death to a hushed newsroom. Poole’s final column ran the day he died. In it he called the track at Talledega an “anachronism” after a day of dramatic crashes Sunday. “Talk about guys who own their beat, that’s what David did,” said Observer sports editor Mike Persinger. Guest book: Post your condolences.(4-28-2009)

I hope they pay tribute to him this weekend.

sigpic

Comment

I hope they pay tribute to him this weekend.
                          I'm sure they will. Here they come Richmond.

sigpic

Comment

• Love him, or hate him.....the man can drive.

Happy birthday, Kyle!
                            Administrator

#LupusAwareness

#TackleCancer

Comment

• He just did something only Cale Y. has ever done.

sigpic

Comment

• Here's to a good race at Richmond !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                                The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                                http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                                My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Working...
                                X