• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

Great advice PA !

Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
    More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ing-texas.html
    (At least they’ll be on new tires)

Quals:
    Five Fords out front.!!!
    P1 Harvick
    P2 Blaney
    P3 Clint
    P4 Joey
    P5 Brad

Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
    New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.
    Cars failing pre-qualifying inspection. Is there more of that this year? Or am I just paying more attention? Some big names in there.

I demand they re-inspect those Fords! They're doing a lot better than the past few years.

Should be a fun race.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Great advice PA !

Nine cars failed to make a lap during Friday's Coors Light Pole three-round qualifying session at Texas Motor Speedway after they were not cleared in pre-qualifying inspection.

Dale Earnhardt Jr., Chase Elliott, Kyle Busch, Kasey Kahne, Kyle Larson, Erik Jones, Chris Buescher, Derrike Cope and Timmy Hill were the drivers whose cars did not pass inspection in time to make a qualifying attempt. They all will start from the back……
    More: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ing-texas.html
    (At least they’ll be on new tires)

Quals:
    Five Fords out front.!!!
    P1 Harvick
    P2 Blaney
    P3 Clint
    P4 Joey
    P5 Brad

Lots of cars with good drivers spun out in practice runs.
    New pave job will be a challenge Sunday at Texas.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.
    I can say i know how you feel having watched tony go through some really rough times not only on track but off as well & let me tell you it was hard to accept how he was performing on the track & just knowing that he was not the racer he once was & i think most of it stemmed from the stuff away from nascar & in particular the accident with kevin ward.

Back to Jr...i certainly don't think he is anywhere near that kind of place in his racing career & i honestly think it's about him getting back into the groove & getting chemistry back with his whole team, after all he was out the last half of last season & it takes time to get the mojo back sometimes.

Best advice i can offer is this...no matter how well or how poor he may be doing, just try to enjoy watching your guy out there racing because there will come a day when he is no longer out there & you will miss it for sure.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Another race, another horrendous finish for Jr. This time it's worse than all the previous races because he was actually having a good day.

Leave a comment:

• FL BRONCO
    replied
    Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
    I don't think so. He has what 26 cup wins including 2 Daytonna 500's and has been competitive for most of what 20 yrs or close to it anyway. He definitely won't be near as successful as his father, but he has hardly been a failure. He has been pretty classy the whole time and that's a pretty good career already if he never wins again imo.

Now Kyle Petty, that is another story.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Quals for the Cup race rained out today.
    Line up will be from owner's points.
    Kyle Larson P1, Chase Elliott, P2

It will be interesting to see how all the younger guys will do.
    Wonder how much the 5 minute rule will play in ?
    Used to be many cars finished that race without fenders lol.
    Hope to see a lot of trading paint.at the Paperclip !!!

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Though Im not surprised its happened, one thing that Ive always hated is Jr always being compared to Sr. There were to very different people. Not just on the track but very much different off of it as well.

I really hope Jr can get at least 1 championship, whether its this year, next year, or when ever before he retires. If he doesnt, Im afraid he will forever be labeled as a "failure" due to his last name and who is father was.
    I try not to compare people like that. As you said, they're different. I was not a fan of Sr, on track. That's part of how I became a Skinner fan. Underdog, the unwanted teammate. At least, that's how it was at the beginning (or how it appeared). I like Jr, on and off the track.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.
    I was thinking more about the mental aspects, as in "getting back into the swing of things". I couldn't think of a way to say it at the time besides "JR has mental problems" and I didn't think that sounded too good.

Hopefully, he'll get some wins this year. A championship? I would really like to see that for him.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    I wonder if his health issues have anything to do with it?
    I doubt it. If it was health related, he would have been having abysmal performances from the start. He hasnt though. He dominated his Dual race until 3 laps to go and he was looking great during the 500 until he ran into bad luck and wreck while leading the race.

Fontana has never been historically great for Jr, a piss poor performance there though after 5 straight piss poor performances to start the season makes yesterday much more frustrating than what it would have been had his season started better.

The next 5 tracks they go to are all great tracks for Jr - Martinsville, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega. If things dont get turned around by the end of those 5 races, it could be a long summer.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    At this rate, Jr isnt gonna win a damn thing. He's yet to finish higher than 14th through the first 5 races. Today was another abysmal finish of 16th.
    I wonder if his health issues have anything to do with it? Maybe it'll take a couple more races to get him fully back into it.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    Larson is on it big time this season & now that he got the win... the flood gates may open up.

Also was good to see Bowyer with a really strong run in the #14 car & i hope to see him in victory lane soon.

So that's 5 winners in 5 races & even though every year starts like this & you think maybe there could be more than 16 winners meaning points would come into play. this has the potential once again to reach that point because of who is yet to win...

harvick, johnson, earnhart, kahne, klye busch, hamlin, kenseth, logano, bowyer, elliot...that is 10 more potentially legit winners

you then have guys like blaney, erik jones, austin dillon & don't forget aj allmendinger who is a serious threat on the road courses...time will tell if it goes down that path
    At this rate, Jr isnt gonna win a damn thing. He's yet to finish higher than 14th through the first 5 races. Today was another abysmal finish of 16th.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Larson is on it big time this season & now that he got the win... the flood gates may open up.

Also was good to see Bowyer with a really strong run in the #14 car & i hope to see him in victory lane soon.

So that's 5 winners in 5 races & even though every year starts like this & you think maybe there could be more than 16 winners meaning points would come into play. this has the potential once again to reach that point because of who is yet to win...

harvick, johnson, earnhart, kahne, klye busch, hamlin, kenseth, logano, bowyer, elliot...that is 10 more potentially legit winners

you then have guys like blaney, erik jones, austin dillon & don't forget aj allmendinger who is a serious threat on the road courses...time will tell if it goes down that path

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Everything is great.

Larson needed maybe two more laps. I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the end of a race, but he is getting some good finishes. His way, he's the points leader. My way, he could be in more wrecks.

I hope they do more than "have a talk and drink some Coke" to Ty Dillion for what he did in the Xfinity race. For a Cup driver (even a rookie) to retaliate on track, with his car, to a regular X driver.....that annoyed me. If he was still in X, that would make it a bit different. His comments were almost like, "Don't you know who I am?".
    Apparently I had the wrong Dillion in this post. At least Ty is a rookie. No excuse for Austin. Read an article where his attitude was annoying to me. Fortunately for me, I don't read too much about him (or him).

Oh, and congrats, Larson!

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Kyle Larson won P1 in the quals today.
    Congrats to Kyle.

Johnson spun out and had to go to a backup car.
    He did not participate in the quals.

Neither did Logano, Trevor Bayne, Matt DiBenedetto, and rookie Gray Gaulding.
    None of them could pass inspection.

So, they will all go to the back but....
    They will all have fresh tires since they didn't run the quals.

Let's have a good race at Auto Club !!!

( And Danika should get some interest on that 50k Peanut )

Leave a comment:

Working...
X