Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peanut
    replied
    Restrictor plates at Indy? Possible for Pocono and Michigan? Not the first time outside the 2 super speedways. They want to improve competitive racing.

A definite for Xfinity. Can't find anything for Cup.

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/n...y-series-event

Patrick wants her $50,000 back (for wrecking Gilliland under caution in 2015) and I don't blame her. NASCAR didn't fine A. Dillion for wrecking Custer. A Cup regular retaliating against an X driver and nothing happens?

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...ty-series.html

Oh, and the "Everything is great" shirts? They sell for $22.00. I saw it when I posted above, but didn't connect it to Joey.
    Last edited by Peanut; 03-24-2017, 03:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I know that Busch is your favorite and all, but boy I enjoyed that lol... The funny thing is he was starting to grow on me a little before that incident, now he's pretty much back at square one.
    He's one of my favorites. Larson and Erik Jones are kind of passing him. I used to like Joey. I mentioned recently that that has changed (before this incident).

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    Rest In Peace Pete Hamilton. Hamilton was 74 years old, he was pulled the 1970 Daytona 500.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post

NASCAR is a contact sport, you know.
    I know that Busch is your favorite and all, but boy I enjoyed that lol... The funny thing is he was starting to grow on me a little before that incident, now he's pretty much back at square one.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by Rastic View Post
    Flipping through the channels the other day NASCAR was on, the last 20 or 30 minutes of Monster Energy Cup Kobalt 400 Vegas. My two older daughters (11 and 6) we with me and started asking questions cause, well, I'm their dad and to them I apparently know everything

Disappointment looms for us all.

It was kind of fun and intriguing with a good finish and the girls were at least slightly interested and then...

The real match began as Busch punched Logano and was then subsequently mauled by Logano's pit crew.

The girls were really confused, the younger's face going from bewilderment to concern and back again, asking what, why, etc...

All I could answer was "Amurica."

We skipped the races this past week.

NASCAR is a contact sport, you know.

Leave a comment:

• Rastic
    replied
    Flipping through the channels the other day NASCAR was on, the last 20 or 30 minutes of Monster Energy Cup Kobalt 400 Vegas. My two older daughters (11 and 6) we with me and started asking questions cause, well, I'm their dad and to them I apparently know everything

Disappointment looms for us all.

It was kind of fun and intriguing with a good finish and the girls were at least slightly interested and then...

The real match began as Busch punched Logano and was then subsequently mauled by Logano's pit crew.

The girls were really confused, the younger's face going from bewilderment to concern and back again, asking what, why, etc...

All I could answer was "Amurica."

We skipped the races this past week.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Everything is great.
    They put it on a t-shirt. Proceeds benefit the KBFoundation. A bit of humor. Something good coming from something not so good.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Pretty fun race over all. We're only 4 races in and I've already watched 4 races more than I did in 2016.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Another race, another piss poor finish for Jr. This one is the most aggravating as Jr went into the race with a great car at a track he runs great at. At the beginning of the race the car looked great then it just fell apart.

Post race Jr said that he knew it would take time for his team to gel back together again and get rolling after him being out for the last half of the season, but we are now 4 races in and Ive seen no improvement really.

I know he had no brakes at the end but why not stay out like Newman and Stenhouse did??? It was all of a mere 2 laps. Roll the dice, man. I know it wasnt Jr's call, it was Greg Ives' call, but come on. You gotta gamble, especially when youve yet to finish better than 14th all year and youre at a track that Jr has won 3 times at before.

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Everything is great.

Larson needed maybe two more laps. I'd like to see him a little more aggressive at the end of a race, but he is getting some good finishes. His way, he's the points leader. My way, he could be in more wrecks.

I hope they do more than "have a talk and drink some Coke" to Ty Dillion for what he did in the Xfinity race. For a Cup driver (even a rookie) to retaliate on track, with his car, to a regular X driver.....that annoyed me. If he was still in X, that would make it a bit different. His comments were almost like, "Don't you know who I am?".

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Lol, well that was fun. Just finished watching the race reply, fun finish there.

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Cool. Nice to see you.

Great article.
    Thanks Peanut!

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    I hung out with Kyle's wife Samantha for most of the race and it was pretty interesting. Had a lot of fun. Here's the story if you'd like to read it. (P.S. That's me wearing the white shirt, behind her over her shoulder in the the picture )

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/ma...e-spends-race/

Cool. Nice to see you.

Great article.

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    I was happy for Truex.

Brad took the blame for getting in the way. He's Logano's teammate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it was intentional. These are pro drivers. It's very easy for them to fake a loose condition (like JR needing a caution so he spins himself out. Most drivers just don't announce it to the world ).

Yes, Kyle still has some of his idiot tendencies. I've mentioned that I'm a non-violent person, but my first thought was that Kyle should not go into enemy territory without his crew.

I hung out with Kyle's wife Samantha for most of the race and it was pretty interesting. Had a lot of fun. Here's the story if you'd like to read it. (P.S. That's me wearing the white shirt, behind her over her shoulder in the the picture )

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2017/ma...e-spends-race/

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    I was happy for Truex.

Brad took the blame for getting in the way. He's Logano's teammate.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks it was intentional. These are pro drivers. It's very easy for them to fake a loose condition (like JR needing a caution so he spins himself out. Most drivers just don't announce it to the world ).

Yes, Kyle still has some of his idiot tendencies. I've mentioned that I'm a non-violent person, but my first thought was that Kyle should not go into enemy territory without his crew.
    Ok my take on what went down is this...kyle didn't have much choice, he either slams into the back of the #2 car or tries to avoid him & in the process of doing so he bumped into logano which likely upset joey.

logano then decides to dive into the corner as hard as he can knowing it likely won't stick& he will end up slamming into the side of the #18 car, so yes i say that part was intentional but i don't think logano expected it to result in kyle spinning out of control but rather just more of a bump back at him.

So i see it as the intent to run into kyle but maybe not to crash him out if that makes sense?

Also where the heck was the 18 crew guys at? they had to know where kyle was headed...also i think logano has had problems with like half the field it seems over the years but yet his personality just doesn't fit the part

Leave a comment:

Working...
X