No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, Patrick's contract is coming up. She did this last time, too.

It's not easy. Montoya has been the most successful one and he still struggles. Hornish is not the golden boy anymore. Props to him, though, for not quiting. Wasn't surprised with Dario not making it.

Doesn't sound like it, but open-wheel (CART/CHAMP Cars. Don't get me started on T. George ) is my first love.

I forgot Robby.

I think it's just the three of us--when BM_69 remembers to check in. We did have another, but I think we scared him away. I hope SS comes back after a short break.

Yes, we're going to Dover. Thursday for practice and a BBQ with some friends from NY. All day Friday. We go to the Cup race in September.

Have a great day tomorrow, AZ.

Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• How can you people enjoy watching NASCAR

I will never understand how people can possibly find a bunch of cars going around in a circle, over and over and over and over and over. entertaining...

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
        How can you people enjoy watching NASCAR

I will never understand how people can possibly find a bunch of cars going around in a circle, over and over and over and over and over. entertaining...
        What I can't understand is why people go into threads that they obviously don't like and complain about it.

Come to Dover Friday for the Truck race and I'll help educate you.
        Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Have a great time at the Monster Mile.

I'll watch for you in the crowd MD !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• So Hendrick finally made the move Junior's fans have been asking for:

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar...ory?id=4211821

Not sure if it'll do any good or not, but there has to be a reason he's so much worse than his teammates, and since his fans refuse to even consider it could be the driver, this should make them happy, shouldn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
              What I can't understand is why people go into threads that they obviously don't like and complain about it.

Come to Dover Friday for the Truck race and I'll help educate you.
              I'm not complaining its a serious question.
              Lighten up man

Comment

• Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                Lighten up man

You don't like it, we do - it's not that difficult really.

I mean I don't like tennis, the ballet, opera, rugby, raw onions, Applebees, the Raiders, horror movies, "reality television", etc. but I appreciate the fact that others do and don't feel the need to question why they do.

Well, OK, I might question why anyone would like the Raiders, but that's a different story

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                  Have a great time at the Monster Mile.

I'll watch for you in the crowd MD !!!

Thanks, AZ.

Practice was pretty good today. Skinner likes the truck (3rd in first, first in second).

Wait until you see the new pit road. I think they did a good job (about time). I'm going to miss the old one, though...watching Kenseth run into the the barrels. Skinner hitting his jackman 3 times in one race.....the last stall was a pain to get into.

Originally posted by 22Bernard24 View Post
                  Lighten upman
                  That's why I used this...

And, I gave you an answer. Come to a race with me.
                  Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• I love rain...

EXCEPT AT THE TRACK!!!
                    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                      I love rain...

EXCEPT AT THE TRACK!!!
                      Yea that was a little crazy and excessive last week they should have called that like 2 hours sooner...all the rain honestly made the race less fun though I've been hoping "The Franchise" would get his first win sometime this year so there is nothing wrong with that, lets just hope he gets one fair and square without rain involved.

As far as this week....good race but freaking jimmie johnson.....I'm sure I'm the only one that is just tired of him but my word....I really take an approach of anyone but johnson. I really was hoping tony would get his first points win as an owner if nothing else just to keep johnson from winning.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                        Yea that was a little crazy and excessive last week they should have called that like 2 hours sooner...all the rain honestly made the race less fun though I've been hoping "The Franchise" would get his first win sometime this year so there is nothing wrong with that, lets just hope he gets one fair and square without rain involved.

As far as this week....good race but freaking jimmie johnson.....I'm sure I'm the only one that is just tired of him but my word....I really take an approach of anyone but johnson. I really was hoping tony would get his first points win as an owner if nothing else just to keep johnson from winning.
                        My rain comment was for the truck race at Dover. Really didn't want to go back Saturday.

I agree, nothing wrong with a rain-shortened win. He sounded so apologetic, though.

I don't mind Johnson winning. He's on one of my fantasy teams.
                        Tony is doing a lot better than I thought he would this year. He should get his win soon.
                        Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• I wondered if you made the race MD.

I missed it again this week as I was working outside. At least I got a LOT done yesterday. I'm a little sore today.
                          :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Can't deny the magic between Jimmy and Chad.

It all comes down to the right teensy tweak.
                            1/8 pound of air can make the difference of going forward or backward.

Smoke gave his best but instead of wrecking, he let Jimmy get by. Tony knew Jimmy had the car Sunday. Tony is doing great, better than I expected.

The trucks were nuts as usual, Kyle is a freak !!!
                            He outclassed the field but ran his truck to pieces !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                              Can't deny the magic between Jimmy and Chad.

It all comes down to the right teensy tweak.
                              1/8 pound of air can make the difference of going forward or backward.

Smoke gave his best but instead of wrecking, he let Jimmy get by. Tony knew Jimmy had the car Sunday. Tony is doing great, better than I expected.

The trucks were nuts as usual, Kyle is a freak !!!
                              He outclassed the field but ran his truck to pieces !

Kyle dominated two races. I feel badly when the fans boo him or cheer when he has trouble.

The man can drive (yes, I'm repeating myself). Three wide in turns 1 and 2 on the outside??? One restart, he started 8th and in first by the time he's on the backstretch.

My shoes are still wet.
                              Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Double file restrarts beginning this Sunday at Pocono:

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/head...rts/index.html

Normally I'm not a fan of leagues changing their rules during the season but in this case I think it's long overdue - it's going to make for better racing up front (and in the back too as guys who are trying to get the Lucky Dog will be side-by-side as well.) :salute!:

Comment

Working...
                                X