X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
    Double file restrarts beginning this Sunday at Pocono:

http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/head...rts/index.html

Normally I'm not a fan of leagues changing their rules during the season but in this case I think it's long overdue - it's going to make for better racing up front (and in the back too as guys who are trying to get the Lucky Dog will be side-by-side as well.) :salute!:
    I read in SI today that they were thinking of doing it. Trying to make the racing more exciting. Is Pocono the best place to start this, though?

One of the other suggestions was to give more downforce to the cars by going back to a spoiler thereby giving more grip to the tires. If they do this, I hope they do something about the tires or we're going to see lots more blown tires.
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I posted this in BM_69's Sunset thread, but most people wouldn't understand my comment.

Not spectacular, but how often do you see a sunset sitting in the stands at Dover watching a NASCAR Truck race?

Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        Can't deny the magic between Jimmy and Chad.

It all comes down to the right teensy tweak.
        1/8 pound of air can make the difference of going forward or backward.

Smoke gave his best but instead of wrecking, he let Jimmy get by. Tony knew Jimmy had the car Sunday. Tony is doing great, better than I expected.

The trucks were nuts as usual, Kyle is a freak !!!
        He outclassed the field but ran his truck to pieces !

The magic between Jimmy and Chad makes me want to pull my hair out....

It was good to see Smoke let him roll instead of taking him out...I'm a big Stewart fan, and honestly, even as early as last year he would've spun him.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          The magic between Jimmy and Chad makes me want to pull my hair out....

It was good to see Smoke let him roll instead of taking him out...I'm a big Stewart fan, and honestly, even as early as last year he would've spun him.
          :wave:

Nobody better make a liar out of me. If they do, let me know.

Trucks in Texas tonight!
          Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Todd Bodine!! WOOT!! Only driver in the series to have five W's at one track!

I also come bearing gifts...a somewhat forgotten video with two of the hottest drivers (on the track or off, its a wash) at the time!

Road I'm On - 3 Doors Down
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I also come bearing gifts...

Road I'm On - 3 Doors Down
              Thanks for the vid Cory. Was that Petty in the stands at about frame 3:44 ?

Originally posted by BFMD
              Not spectacular, but how often do you see a sunset sitting in the stands at Dover watching a NASCAR Truck race?
              Not spectacular ? Yes they are !
              Those are great shots MD !

I like the 2nd zoom-in best.

If you waited a few more seconds, you would have had the "green flash" !!!

Originally posted by BFMD
              Is Pocono the best place to start this, though?
              Here comes Kyle, 3 wide into turn one !

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                Thanks for the vid Cory. Was that Petty in the stands at about frame 3:44 ?

Not spectacular ? Yes they are !
                Those are great shots MD !

I like the 2nd zoom-in best.

If you waited a few more seconds, you would have had the "green flash" !!!

Here comes Kyle, 3 wide into turn one !

Thanks, AZ.

Learning more about the changes. One is that the 'tail end of the lead lap cars' will get to go around to the end of the line (if all cars pit, I think). Great change. Should have been done ages ago.

AND, when the trucks go to the double file restart, they will probably change the new pit rule (fuel only/tires only) and go back to the old way!
                Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• SMOKE, BABY!!

worst to first! What a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Congrats to Stewart! Great win!!

Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                    Thanks, AZ.

Learning more about the changes. One is that the 'tail end of the lead lap cars' will get to go around to the end of the line (if all cars pit, I think). Great change. Should have been done ages ago.

AND, when the trucks go to the double file restart, they will probably change the new pit rule (fuel only/tires only) and go back to the old way!
                    But they can't pit under yellow? They have to wait until it goes green?

What the heck kind of rule is that? Why even bother letting them go around?

At a big track, they won't lose a lap. What about places like Bristol?

The commentators kept saying that NASCAR listens to the fans. They don't hear very well.
                    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

SMOKE, BABY!!

worst to first! What a WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Congrats to Smoke - good to see him do what Michael Waltrip, Robby Gordon, etc. couldn't do and become a successful owner/driver. :salute!:

As for the race, typical Pocono - not a lot of passing, lots of long stretches where they were just "logging laps", and a fuel mileage related finish. Rough day for my #9 though - in the last 10 laps alone, he went from 2nd, had to pit for fuel so down to 16th, up to 10th, and then spun on the last turn of the last lap (blew a tire I believe) and finished 15th.

Comment

• Okay, this is going to sound like I'm on a rant against NASCAR and I guess I am.

Carl Long. Not well known, not too many fans...a filler team....

I read a couple of weeks ago, he got penalized for an engine that was too big--reg is 358.000ci. His was 358.17ci. Okay, rules are rules. But, $200,00 fine on CC, 200 owner points (Long's wife), 200 driver points, 12 week suspension for CC and driver (who's second job is working with other race teams)? Pretty steep.

Side note: He blew the engine in practice and submitted the engine so that they could get a replacement approved.

Today I read that the race it all happened in? The All-Star Race. A non-points race.

Long has lost his appeal. He's being very vocal about it. Fans have been sending him donations because he can't pay the fine.

It seems like NASCAR is trying to push the small teams out.

Okay, rant done---until the next time NASCAR does something stupid.
                        Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
                          Okay, this is going to sound like I'm on a rant against NASCAR and I guess I am.

Carl Long. Not well known, not too many fans...a filler team....

I read a couple of weeks ago, he got penalized for an engine that was too big--reg is 358.000ci. His was 358.17ci. Okay, rules are rules. But, $200,00 fine on CC, 200 owner points (Long's wife), 200 driver points, 12 week suspension for CC and driver (who's second job is working with other race teams)? Pretty steep.

Side note: He blew the engine in practice and submitted the engine so that they could get a replacement approved.

Today I read that the race it all happened in? The All-Star Race. A non-points race.

Long has lost his appeal. He's being very vocal about it. Fans have been sending him donations because he can't pay the fine.

It seems like NASCAR is trying to push the small teams out.

Okay, rant done---until the next time NASCAR does something stupid.
                          Vrooom Vrooom!

Comment

• Carl is appealing; hope NASCAR will be lenient.
                            All the teams are pulling for Long.

You are right MD, the ruling is way over the edge.
                            NASCAR better be careful pushing too hard on small teams.

Petty cut back his shop because of the Chrysler bankruptcy.
                            Look for GM to tighten up too.

Great wins for Todd and Smoke !

Double wide green re-starts coming to NW too.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet:

Everyone is kind of overreacting about it...I personally think that it's his trophy, and he's free to do with it what he wants. And I'm not Kyle's biggest advocate, believe me.

What do you guys think?

Also:
                              Did Jeremy Mayfield get what he asked for, or what? From NASCAR.COM
                              A third drug came up positive during the urine-based Richmond test and had not been previously identified. The name of the drug in question has been redacted from court documents and was not specified by either Mayfield or NASCAR because of the conditions of a May 29 gag order issued by Mecklenburg Count Superior Court in North Carolina, according to the publication.

The magazine learned from sources that the unidentified drug was methamphetamine. Neither NASCAR nor Mayfield is allowed to comment because of the gag order.

Mayfield's attorneys argue it was a false positive test reading, triggered by either a mixture of the two acknowledged drugs ingested or by poorly executed testing procedures.

NASCAR countersued the suspended driver and accused him of willfully violating its substance-abuse policy, breach of contract and fraud and argued his failed drug test shouldn't be overturned.
                              link

Hopefully it was a false-positive. I don't know if we will ever know, but I would wager to guess that Mayfield's NASCAR career is all but done. Thoughts?
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• I haven't heard anything about Kyle and the guitar, but it doesn't surprise me. Anything he does is going to be criticized (especially from Jr's fans). Did anybody hear why he did it? It was so that each member of his team could have a piece of the trophy.

I'm not sure what to think of the Mayfield thing. He really is fighting hard if he's guilty. I should find out what his prescription drug was since I use Claritin-D sometimes. Wouldn't want it to turn to meth.
                                Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Working...
                                X