NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're right MD.

Kyle said that he wanted each of his crew members to have an autographed piece of the Gibson "trophy".

He tried to smash it like a rock star but the Gibson was too tough. The guitar will go to the shop, get cut up by a band saw and everyone will share a piece.

Kyle also said that he has ordered 2 more identical Gibson trophy guitars, one he will keep, the other goes to his crew chief.

(paraphrased from an interview with Kyle that I saw on SPEED)

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Bet this was a real hoot !

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/blog/...=nascar,169424

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        That was cool.
        Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Congrats to Lagono, now he needs to go out and win one that people won't call a gimme win.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
            Congrats to Lagono, now he needs to go out and win one that people won't call a gimme win.
            That was a good win for Logano. I really like him.

I took him off my Stockcar Challenge team for Sears Point and never put him back.
            Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
              That was a good win for Logano. I really like him.

I took him off my Stockcar Challenge team for Sears Point and never put him back.
              Better put him back in this week, DAYTONA!! He ran well at taladega and I'd expect another decent finish.

What annoys me is even with this win he catches a lot of unfair crap for the fact that the media is already anointing him as the next great driver (something he's far too humble to claim himself) My brother refuses to show him any respect until he earns a win (yet he'll give rooty credit for his rain win earlier in the year because he's been a consistent driver) I personally like the kid and have since before they moved him into nationwide and I've always thought he was going to be good once he gets over his rookie issues and I still feel that now, but my brother takes every chance he can get to just bash him up one side and down the other for something he has no control over...
              sigpic

Comment

Better put him back in this week, DAYTONA!! He ran well at taladega and I'd expect another decent finish.

What annoys me is even with this win he catches a lot of unfair crap for the fact that the media is already anointing him as the next great driver (something he's far too humble to claim himself) My brother refuses to show him any respect until he earns a win (yet he'll give rooty credit for his rain win earlier in the year because he's been a consistent driver) I personally like the kid and have since before they moved him into nationwide and I've always thought he was going to be good once he gets over his rookie issues and I still feel that now, but my brother takes every chance he can get to just bash him up one side and down the other for something he has no control over...
                Okay. I'll put Logano back on my team. If he crashes, I'll blame you, you know (and if he wins, props to me ). It won't be long before your brother will have to respect Logano. The wins will come.

What do you all think about the situation with Mayfield? I don't think this judge understands racing, especially at Daytona. It seems that he does not have a ride for this weekend.

Mayfield wins injunction: UPDATE 2: Independence Day came a few days early for suspended Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield, as a federal judge granted him a temporary injunction allowing him to race this weekend. The ruling, made Wednesday in U.S. District Court in Charlotte by senior Judge Graham Mullen, lifted his suspension for failing NASCAR's substance abuse policy and allows him to return as the driver/owner of his #41 team in time for Saturday night's race at Daytona International Speedway. Mullen said in granting the injunction that the irreparable harm appeared to be greater for Mayfield than NASCAR.(ESPN.com)(7-1-2009)
                UPDATE: NASCAR chairman Brian France said the organization has no immediate plans to file an appeal, but he didn't rule it out. "We are disappointed, but we respect the judge's ruling," NASCAR spokesman Ramsey Poston said in a statement. "This is only a temporary injunction. The legal case continues beyond this point, and we will continue to make our case." (Associated Press)(7-1-2009)
                UPDATE 2: ESPN's David Newton reported on Wednesday's NASCAR Now that Mayfield probably does not have time to get his #41 team down to Daytona for this week's race, but that he could be in the #64 for Larry Gunselman.(7-1-2009)
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• I think the rest of the drivers need to keep their mouth shut about Mayfield. No one knows yet what really happened, and they're already mouthing off saying they don't know if they are comfortable with him racing.
                  sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                    I think the rest of the drivers need to keep their mouth shut about Mayfield. No one knows yet what really happened, and they're already mouthing off saying they don't know if they are comfortable with him racing.
                    Well the evidence doesn't look real good honestly... I don't see his argument on it being otc drugs causing a false positive it just seems to fishy....at the same time though I really never saw mayfield as a type that would do that kind of thing so I don't know.
                    sigpic

Comment

Well the evidence doesn't look real good honestly... I don't see his argument on it being otc drugs causing a false positive it just seems to fishy....at the same time though I really never saw mayfield as a type that would do that kind of thing so I don't know.
                      I think the court's medical expert said that for the amount that showed up in the test, he would have been dead or a walking zombie.

I just hope the truth comes out soon.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I think the court's medical expert said that for the amount that showed up in the test, he would have been dead or a walking zombie.

I just hope the truth comes out soon.
                        Well it could explain the sudden drop off in his performance lately, I do hear the undead have a very slow response time.

All joking aside I hope for Jeremy's sake he really is telling the truth and there is more to this story than we've seen because he's always seemed like a real standup guy and I hate to see this kind of crap tarnish the sport more than nascar already does on it's own.
                        sigpic

Comment

• :dance:

Tony George 'resigned' from IMS and the IRL.

Not NASCAR news, but I'm a happy person.

:dance:
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Smoke wins!

Ugly race at the end though.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Smoke wins!

Ugly race at the end though.
                              Tony and his crew deserved that win. Pit stops, great restarts and that experience hugging the yellow line won it for Tony's team.

Yes, many ugly moments, 4-5 wide, that's why Daytona is a restrictor race track, can you imagine Daytona and Dega without them ?

Kyle pushed his luck too far, again. Oh to be young, 3 races !

(BFMD jinxed it when she put Logano back on her fantasy !)

Congrats to Tony !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                                Tony and his crew deserved that win. Pit stops, great restarts and that experience hugging the yellow line won it for Tony's team.

Yes, many ugly moments, 4-5 wide, that's why Daytona is a restrictor race track, can you imagine Daytona and Dega without them ?

Kyle pushed his luck too far, again. Oh to be young, 3 races !

(BFMD jinxed it when she put Logano back on her fantasy !)

Congrats to Tony !!!

True. Don't like someone? Let me know. I'll put them on one of my teams and they'll crash (Jeff Gordon, Jr, Harvick).

I do have Tony, though. I also have Kyle.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
                                X