Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Good day yesterday for Jeff, Max and the Taylor brothers !
    And Mr.Taylor too !!
    Congratulations !!!
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...-speedway.html

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    According to the AP, Carl Edwards is considering running against democrat Sen McCaskill in 2018 for her Missouri senate seat.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Im not loving all of the rule changes. Eliminating a bonus point for leading a lap is fine with me. Its to easy of an achievement during a race to be rewarded for doing it. Im not sure I like eliminating a bonus point for leading the most laps as I think that deserves some recognition.

I certainly do not like predetermined stopping of the race (throwing a caution) 2 separate times mid race. I understand they wanna award points at the end of each segment, but why stop the race to do it? Just let the drivers keep racing and when a determined point in the race arrives, simply note who the top 10 are, award them, and let them to continue racing. You dont need to stop the race to figure out who is running first through tenth.

Also, are they gonna eliminate competition cautions now that threes an automatic caution after segment 1? If they keep competition cautions then cautioning the race after 25 laps and then again just a handful of laps later at the end of segment 1 is just stupid.

I dont mind so much that bonus points are awarded during a race but i HATE that theyre carried over to the playoff. The bonus points should just be added to their regular season point total only and thats it. No carrying over to the playoff. I hate it.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
    my head is spinning after listening to some of the press conference...

i think you may need to have a notebook handy during race day to follow all this
    Don't bother they will change the rules halfway through the race lol

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    my head is spinning after listening to some of the press conference...

i think you may need to have a notebook handy during race day to follow all this

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.

This is why I barely watch NASCAR now, stop changing stuff!!!!! This whole thing sounds dumb. Yes I haven't posted here in a while. Maybe this is why Carl is done, he can't take this crap anymore lol
    Announcement at 6PM.

I understand that they're looking to try to get new viewers, but with too many changes, they're going to lose the "old-timers".

I do like that they're trying to prevent the "pack at the back" at restrictor plates. I know why the drivers do that and I can't blame them, but it would be nice to see everyone racing from the start.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Leave a comment:

• roushmartin6
    replied
    UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.

This is why I barely watch NASCAR now, stop changing stuff!!!!! This whole thing sounds dumb. Yes I haven't posted here in a while. Maybe this is why Carl is done, he can't take this crap anymore lol

Leave a comment:

• Peanut
    replied
    Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post

TRD and Coach Gibbs have been busy, Chevs and Fords better watch out !!!

The new 2018 race car model, which will be used starting in the 2017 season,
    was unveiled Monday during the North American International Auto Show
    held at the Cobo Center in Detroit.
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...d-detroit.html

I like it.

Yes, there's an echo in here.

Something doesn't seem right about all this, like the suddenness of it & just over a month from the start of the 2017 season & leaving JGR hung out to dry to speak...

there has to be more to this story than just to pursue other interests
    I was hoping that JGR wasn't "pushing" him out. I don't think that's how they work, but I know it's a business. Seems that Gibbs was surprised when he first found out.

JGR has a lot of good drivers coming up. It's like "next driver up", you know? I kind of wish Jones got this ride instead of Suarez.

Originally posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I have read that there are no health issues for Edwards. Some say this came out of know where, other say that they arent surprised because this is who Carl is and how he operates.

He isnt a favorite driver of mine but I certainly dont dislike him either. He makes racing better and I hate to see him step away. Ive seen reports step away from the word "retiring" and are now pretty much just saying that Edwards wont race in 2017. So maybe, hopefully, Carl Edwards will be back in 2018 or 2019.
    He did leave it open for next year. This would have put a lot of teams in a bad place.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    During presser, Carl Edwards said he is walking away because he is become satisfied with his career, he has other interests outside of racing, and his health is a concern. He said he is totally health but racing is dangerous and he wants to protect himself and his health.

Edwards did say he would be open to racing again but not full time.
    Last edited by kingelway7; 01-11-2017, 07:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Something doesn't seem right about all this, like the suddenness of it & just over a month from the start of the 2017 season & leaving JGR hung out to dry to speak...

I have read that there are no health issues for Edwards. Some say this came out of know where, other say that they arent surprised because this is who Carl is and how he operates.

He isnt a favorite driver of mine but I certainly dont dislike him either. He makes racing better and I hate to see him step away. Ive seen reports step away from the word "retiring" and are now pretty much just saying that Edwards wont race in 2017. So maybe, hopefully, Carl Edwards will be back in 2018 or 2019.

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Carl Edwards won’t race in 2017

In a stunning move, NASCAR star Carl Edwards is leaving Joe Gibbs Racing to pursue other interests outside of driving and will not compete in 2017, FOXSports.com has learned from multiple sources.

On Wednesday, JGR will announce at a press conference that Daniel Suarez will replace Edwards as the driver of the team’s No. 19 Monster Energy Cup Series Toyota. Suarez is the reigning NASCAR XFINITY Series champion.

Representatives of Edwards and Joe Gibbs Racing declined comment.

David Wilson, president of TRD, U.S.A., also declined comment on Edwards’ departure.

www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/exclusive-carl-edwards-wont-race-2017

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    Bob Pockrass
    @bobpockrass

Carl Edwards is expected to announce Wednesday that he plans to retire immediately from NASCAR racing after a 13-year career in the Cup Series where he won 28 times in 445 starts, according to sources. No immediate reason was available why the 37-year-old Edwards would retire nor who would replace him at Joe Gibbs Racing.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...375652128241-4
    Wow. Edwards is in his racing prime. Just a week and a half before Christmas, Carl Edwards posted a video saying that he couldnt wait for the upcoming season to begin.

This is shocking. He apparently is retiring to "pursue other interests outside of racing"

Last edited by kingelway7; 01-10-2017, 07:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AZ Snake Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    We are quickly approaching Daytona season!
    Originally posted by Peanut View Post
    I like it.

TRD and Coach Gibbs have been busy, Chevs and Fords better watch out !!!

The new 2018 race car model, which will be used starting in the 2017 season,
    was unveiled Monday during the North American International Auto Show
    held at the Cobo Center in Detroit.
    http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...d-detroit.html

Leave a comment:

• Southstander
    replied
    We are quickly approaching Daytona season!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X