NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    True. Don't like someone? Let me know. I'll put them on one of my teams and they'll crash (Jeff Gordon, Jr, Harvick).

I do have Tony, though. I also have Kyle.
    You could always put Bobby Labonte on there...he's been so bad lately it might have the reverse affect and cause him to win one....I really wish he'd start winning races again.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
      You could always put Bobby Labonte on there...he's been so bad lately it might have the reverse affect and cause him to win one....I really wish he'd start winning races again.
      Tried that.

Didn't work.
      Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Tried that.

Didn't work.
        Maybe he'll be better next year when he has jamie mcmurry or greg biffle or david reagan or whoever the heck they are going to sell off at roush as his team mate.
        sigpic

Comment

Maybe he'll be better next year when he has jamie mcmurry or greg biffle or david reagan or whoever the heck they are going to sell off at roush as his team mate.
          Hubby's not surprised. Labonte is a proven winner. I hope he gets a good ride.

Labonte & Menard out at Yates? Hearing Yates Racing will clean house with its current driver roster at the end of the season. After the example that Tony Stewart has set at Stewart-Haas Racing on how a satellite operation should be run, is there any question why Jack Roush would not consider unloading #96-Bobby Labonte and #98-Paul Menard, who are 27th and 31st respectively, in the point standings? Yes, Menard brings decent money to the table, but with Ask.com shopping its sponsorship there is certainly reason for concern for the #96 Ford.(Fox Sports)(7-11-2009)
          Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Hubby's not surprised. Labonte is a proven winner. I hope he gets a good ride.

Labonte & Menard out at Yates? Hearing Yates Racing will clean house with its current driver roster at the end of the season. After the example that Tony Stewart has set at Stewart-Haas Racing on how a satellite operation should be run, is there any question why Jack Roush would not consider unloading #96-Bobby Labonte and #98-Paul Menard, who are 27th and 31st respectively, in the point standings? Yes, Menard brings decent money to the table, but with Ask.com shopping its sponsorship there is certainly reason for concern for the #96 Ford.(Fox Sports)(7-11-2009)
            Maybe we'll get lucky and bobby will go over to stewart-haas next year (lord knows he could win there!)
            sigpic

Comment

Maybe we'll get lucky and bobby will go over to stewart-haas next year (lord knows he could win there!)
              Bobby and Tony are a good team. Always have been.

You would think their personalities are like oil and vinegar, but from what I know they are pretty close.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                Bobby and Tony are a good team. Always have been.

You would think their personalities are like oil and vinegar, but from what I know they are pretty close.
                Well I know tony respects the heck out of him. I knew that for sure after watching bobby blow by tony at taladega for the win in 07 in the nationwide series. I think he was happier to see bobby win that he would have been to win himself. He was unstrapping from the car with a massive grin on his face saying he was so dang proud of bobby labonte. I think bobby would be a perfect fit for the 3rd stewart hass car!

Here's my bussiness plan for it they can even use it, get him over there, then convince interstate batteries to move over (or get dollar general) convince Jimmy Makar to come over from gibbs as his crew chief sit back and watch the championship happen! (I know, I know, he'll never be championship material again but I'd be the happiest fan in nascar if he did) Heck I think even if they got fatback up on the box again bobby could win but I think he'd have a hard time getting along with him.
                sigpic

Comment

• Congrats on lagano with another win...but as my brother said immediately it doesn't count it was only a nationwide win....
                  sigpic

Comment

• Man...I bet Mark Martin wishes we always raced on saturday nights! 3 of his 4 (series leading) wins came on saturday nights.

I can't help but cheer for the guy, to be so freaking close to winning a championship for so long I'd just love to see him pull it off. Picture this, if kyle busch falls out of the top 12 (as I'm starting to suspect he will) Mark will have a 20 point lead once the chase starts (this is of course assuming that jimmy or jeff don't get any more wins) I'd really just love to see him get the championship for pappa hendrick this year.

In the past I'd had a really hard time cheering mark on because he was in a roush ford but now in a hendrick chevy it's like a match made in heaven!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Anyone want to buy some special hand towels from Martin's 'farewell' tour?
                      Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Anyone want to buy some special hand towels from Martin's 'farewell' tour?
                        Hehe fox is never getting that rocking chair back and he may never end up using it.

All I have to say is how smart does Rick Hendrick look now convincing mark to come back full time this year. MAN the guy is having the best year of his career and you can tell on his face that he's having the best time of his life.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Heard that Mayfield got popped again for substance abuse, think that they said methamphetamines. His mom said that she has seen him taking them for a long time. Jeremy says that his mom was payed off by NASCAR and that she is always asking Jeremy for money. I don't have a source for this, haven't bothered to look for one, think that I heard it on SPEED. Looks like Mayfield's done, stick a fork in him.

More interesting is Hornaday's domination in the truck series and the fact that NASCAR confiscated his rear end assembly.

Hornaday's rear end housing was offset, giving him more weight to one side, thus more grip and a handling advantage. My question is how long has Hornaday been running this rear end set up ?

If NASCAR gave Carl Long a $200K fine, docked him 200 points and suspended Carl for 12 weeks for putting in a replacement for a blown motor in a non-point All Star Event that was 17 hundredths of a cubic inch over NASCAR spec, which equals only .02125 c.u. per cylinder, what will NASCAR do to Hornaday and friends ?

I feel that Carl Long's motor was just a bad machine shop bore job. Or maybe the heads were shaved too close. Regardless, Carl's mistake may have been inadvertent.

No way was the Hornaday rear end assembly a mistake.

How many races has Hornaday had the advantage ?

I want to see Skinner on top of the points after NASCAR hands out it's decision next Tuesday.

How will NASCAR decide to discipline Hornaday ?

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                          The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                          http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                          My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• With the Brickyard comming up and we see the stock cars on Indy Cars biggest track, how many of you would love to see an Indy race at Daytona?
                            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              With the Brickyard comming up and we see the stock cars on Indy Cars biggest track, how many of you would love to see an Indy race at Daytona?
                              If NASCAR were to take over the IRL (as has been rumored in a few places), wouldn't it be cool if they ran Indy cars at Daytona on the same day as the Brickyard 400? It would almost as big a racing day as the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend (except when there's rain in Charlotte like this year.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                                With the Brickyard comming up and we see the stock cars on Indy Cars biggest track, how many of you would love to see an Indy race at Daytona?
                                Originally posted by Calif. Bronco View Post
                                If NASCAR were to take over the IRL (as has been rumored in a few places), wouldn't it be cool if they ran Indy cars at Daytona on the same day as the Brickyard 400? It would almost as big a racing day as the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend (except when there's rain in Charlotte like this year.)
                                That's an interesting idea.

I don't think I would like it. I think the cars would be too fast (like CHAMP Cars were at Texas) and there would be some horrible crashes and serious injuries/deaths. If they could slow them down a little.....yeah.

Oh, and welcome home, SS.
                                Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Working...
                                X