Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
    That's an interesting idea.

    I don't think I would like it. I think the cars would be too fast (like CHAMP Cars were at Texas) and there would be some horrible crashes and serious injuries/deaths. If they could slow them down a little.....yeah.

    Oh, and welcome home, SS.
    Thank you!:salute!:
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
    sigpic

    Comment


    • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
      Heard that Mayfield got popped again for substance abuse, think that they said methamphetamines. His mom said that she has seen him taking them for a long time. Jeremy says that his mom was payed off by NASCAR and that she is always asking Jeremy for money. I don't have a source for this, haven't bothered to look for one, think that I heard it on SPEED. Looks like Mayfield's done, stick a fork in him.











      More interesting is Hornaday's domination in the truck series and the fact that NASCAR confiscated his rear end assembly.

      Hornaday's rear end housing was offset, giving him more weight to one side, thus more grip and a handling advantage. My question is how long has Hornaday been running this rear end set up ?

      If NASCAR gave Carl Long a $200K fine, docked him 200 points and suspended Carl for 12 weeks for putting in a replacement for a blown motor in a non-point All Star Event that was 17 hundredths of a cubic inch over NASCAR spec, which equals only .02125 c.u. per cylinder, what will NASCAR do to Hornaday and friends ?

      I feel that Carl Long's motor was just a bad machine shop bore job. Or maybe the heads were shaved too close. Regardless, Carl's mistake may have been inadvertent.



      No way was the Hornaday rear end assembly a mistake.

      How many races has Hornaday had the advantage ?

      I want to see Skinner on top of the points after NASCAR hands out it's decision next Tuesday.

      How will NASCAR decide to discipline Hornaday ?







      .

      Here are some links to the Mayfield mayhem:

      http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...t_on_hold.html

      http://www.nascar.com/2009/news/head....ap/index.html

      http://www.examiner.com/x-543-NASCAR...w-me-the-money









      Usually, penalties are handed out by NASCAR on the Tuesday after a race, however today there has been no news yet from NASCAR about Hornaday's rear-end.

      In fact, this link originally mentioned the off set and now it doesn't.
      7/18:
      http://www.scenedaily.com/news/artic...enalities.html

      This link refers to the rear-end housing as a "miscue".
      7/18:
      http://www.allheadlinenews.com/artic...%20Truck%20Win

      And this link is a disclaimer by the team that it wasn't their fault and that "the standard penalty in cases such as this has been 25 points".

      7/19:
      No. 33 Truck team says rear-end housing offset a manufacturer’s mistake.
      http://www.speedwaymedia.com/article...=4480719092042





      Something's not smelling right here.




      NASCAR confiscated the rear-end assembly off of Hornaday's truck during the initial inspection before the truck got on the track. If they hadn't caught it then, Hornaday would have run with that rear-end.

      Originally, the first reports from on site at the track by SPEED analysts and commentators were that the NASCAR officials were very concerned. The TV guys even set up a display and showed how far off set the housing was and explained to the viewers how that was a grip and traction advantage with the weight shifted to one side.


      Hornaday's restarts recently have been incredible.


      Now reports are saying the off set was just a fraction of an inch, not a peep from NASCAR; what gives ?

      So what even if the assembly was only off a fraction of an inch ?
      Carl Long's motor was off less than a fraction of that same inch.


      Is NASCAR too busy dealing with partying and the pomp and circumstance in Indy of driving stock cars on the Great Brickyard ?

      Is NASCAR more concerned with ratings and selling T-Shirts because of the fact they have a 3 in a row trucker going for 4 ?

      Or could it be that Hornaday has Harvick and GM behind him and Carl only had his wife ?

      Anyone find this a bit ironic that Ren just got off 2 weeks ago from probation for jerking with the truck's suspension at Daytona in February ? How many strikes will NASCAR give a crew chief ? Is only a 25 point loss worth the gamble to cheat again ?









      We'll see when/if NASCAR takes away points.
      Hornaday should fall way down.



      Although I would like to see Skinner on top of the points, Mike will still be behind Crafton. Thanks for not busting me on that one MD. When I posted that, I was still burning that Hornaday just barely got that win last week by a small clip ahead of Mike.


      A big win by Skinner Friday night at ORP in Nashville will help Mike catch Matt Crafton !!!




      .

      May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
      The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
      http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
      My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

      Comment


      • I've seen debates on a couple of racing boards about Mayfield. Most of them feel that NASCAR blew it but won't admit it. I've disagreed with NASCAR on a lot of issues, but I tend to believe them on this.

        AZ, I get this really bad feeling about Hornaday's situation. He (along with Harvick) seems to be the Golden Boy. No penalties? That would be so unfair, after what they did to Long. Usually, I dislike a driver. Or, an owner. I get the trifecta with the #33 team (I think Ren is the only CC I dislike).
        Administrator

        #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

        #LupusAwarenessMonth

        "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

        Comment


        • Originally posted by BroncoFaninMD View Post
          AZ, I get this really bad feeling about Hornaday's situation. He (along with Harvick) seems to be the Golden Boy. No penalties? That would be so unfair, after what they did to Long. Usually, I dislike a driver. Or, an owner. I get the trifecta with the #33 team (I think Ren is the only CC I dislike).


          :hammer:

          He just got off probation 30 June.

          And, NO POINTS taken???

          From NASCAR.com:

          DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Rick Ren, crew chief for driver Ron Hornaday and the No. 33 team in the Camping World Truck Series, has been fined and placed on probation for rule infractions committed this past weekend at Kentucky Speedway.

          The No. 33 truck was found to be in violation of Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4-I (any determination by NASCAR Officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20B-12A (mounting points on the axle housing must be evenly spaced and welded to prevent movement; mounting points were not evenly spaced) of the 2009 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series rule book. The infractions occurred during opening day inspection on July 17.

          Ren has been fined $5,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31.
          Administrator

          #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

          #LupusAwarenessMonth

          "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Az
            Something's not smelling right here.

            Originally posted by MD
            AZ, I get this really bad feeling about Hornaday's situation. He (along with Harvick) seems to be the Golden Boy. No penalties? That would be so unfair, after what they did to Long










            Well this ought to give Skinner and a few other guys some motivation. They can settle this the old fashioned way !




            Ya know MD, I wasn't always up to speed with some of your NASCAR conspiracy theories, but now I'm a firm believer.

            It's really hard for me though, because I'm old school. It wasn't like this when Bill France first built Daytona.

            You MD, you got me hooked on trucks ! Especially after the COT came out. If I'm going to watch a box, it might as well have bed !
            I used to just go to and watch the Winston/Sprint races. Gotta admit, trucks are a whole lot of fun. Hard to get used to hitting lap traffic on a mile and a half in 10 laps, and real hard getting used to separate tire and gas stops. But very exciting and a lot of hard work by the teams and drivers. I appreciate that just the mear shape of a truck makes for a whole different racing concept, strategy and set up.

            NW doesn't do anything for me except a good chance to see up and coming talent. Watching NW is like watching the freeways here everyday. About the same speed.

            Sure is a sad day when just about every major sport left is corrupted one way or another.




            Go Mike !

            Win the next 5 in a row !!!






            .

            May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

            Comment


            • I was watching clips on my phone and DW is saying the Team Red Bull will be leaving Toyota to go to Chevy. Also Richard Petty Motorsports will be leaving Dodge to go to Toyota.

              The second part breaks my heart. No offense to MD or any other Toyota fans, but to have the King not having his stable with Dodge, or another American company, just does not feel right.
              Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

              Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
                Well this ought to give Skinner and a few other guys some motivation. They can settle this the old fashioned way !


                Ya know MD, I wasn't always up to speed with some of your NASCAR conspiracy theories, but now I'm a firm believer.

                It's really hard for me though, because I'm old school. It wasn't like this when Bill France first built Daytona.

                You MD, you got me hooked on trucks ! Especially after the COT came out. If I'm going to watch a box, it might as well have bed !
                I used to just go to and watch the Winston/Sprint races. Gotta admit, trucks are a whole lot of fun. Hard to get used to hitting lap traffic on a mile and a half in 10 laps, and real hard getting used to separate tire and gas stops. But very exciting and a lot of hard work by the teams and drivers. I appreciate that just the mear shape of a truck makes for a whole different racing concept, strategy and set up.

                NW doesn't do anything for me except a good chance to see up and coming talent. Watching NW is like watching the freeways here everyday. About the same speed.

                Sure is a sad day when just about every major sport left is corrupted one way or another.

                Go Mike !

                Win the next 5 in a row !!!


                .
                I think NASCAR really changed (not for the better) when Brian came to the throne. The Chase started it. Change is necessary sometimes. Sometimes, it's best to leave things alone. I just wish Brian (and others) could tell the difference.

                I heard that double-file restarts are coming to the trucks and I hope the announcers were right that the pit stops would go back to the old way.

                I like the bolded!

                Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                I was watching clips on my phone and DW is saying the Team Red Bull will be leaving Toyota to go to Chevy. Also Richard Petty Motorsports will be leaving Dodge to go to Toyota.

                The second part breaks my heart. No offense to MD or any other Toyota fans, but to have the King not having his stable with Dodge, or another American company, just does not feel right.
                No offense taken. I think the things that has happened to Petty Enterprises is very sad. They do what they have to do to stay in racing, but...I don't like what happened to Kyle Petty.
                Administrator

                #Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

                #LupusAwarenessMonth

                "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

                Comment


                • I wish the King could find a top flight driver, and a good package. Since Evernham used to work for Hendrick, I also wish Hendrick could give them some help.
                  Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                  Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • here's to hoping they fixed the HORIBLE tire issues from last year at indy...
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      here's to hoping they fixed the HORIBLE tire issues from last year at indy...
                      I heard on ESPN they have done alot testing with a lot of drivers with mixed results. The last two test where good however. I hate to say this if the don't fix it this year take it off the schedule till they do.
                      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                      Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                        I heard on ESPN they have done alot testing with a lot of drivers with mixed results. The last two test where good however. I hate to say this if the don't fix it this year take it off the schedule till they do.
                        I was actually reading a big article on it. They've invested tons of R&D into the indy tire this year and the compound they came up with for it is almost gooey from what some of the drivers were saying. It's supposed to lay down rubber a lot better, have less tire issues and have a lot more falloff on the tires causing the race to be more competitive. We'll see sunday how it turns out. They say if this tire works out it could be something they take to other tracks and it could really improve competition.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                          I was actually reading a big article on it. They've invested tons of R&D into the indy tire this year and the compound they came up with for it is almost gooey from what some of the drivers were saying. It's supposed to lay down rubber a lot better, have less tire issues and have a lot more falloff on the tires causing the race to be more competitive. We'll see sunday how it turns out. They say if this tire works out it could be something they take to other tracks and it could really improve competition.
                          I hope you are right.
                          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                          Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • The injunction the was allowing Mayfield to race has been lifted. NASCAR can once again suspened him.
                            Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                            Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                              I hope you are right.
                              what it boils down to was tony stewart was singing good years praises on the work they've done for indy...if tony is ok with it I'm guessing it's going to be a better race this year.
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                what it boils down to was tony stewart was singing good years praises on the work they've done for indy...if tony is ok with it I'm guessing it's going to be a better race this year.
                                Smoke usally don't hold back. So that is a good sign.
                                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

                                Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X