NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Don't forget the NNCS is on Saturday night.

I am suprised that Daytona has not been made a primetime race.
    Daytona who ?

Southie, tune in for the trucks on ESPN now.
    Try it, you'll like it !

Ryan Newman got the pole (another Harvick truck), Skinner #2 and Horny #3.

Horny's restarts have been way too good and consistent.
    NASCAR has special specs for rear end gear ratios.
    Those gears affect torque, top end, rpms and HP.

All the trucks are supposed to have the same gear ratio, supposed to.

Right now, on the pre-race show, they are paying tribute to Ren as the greatest crew chief of all time.

He should be known as the greatest cheater of all time. (So good that when he gets caught, Ren doesn't get suspended.)

Bristol should be good tonight regardless. Everbody that can drive a truck is on the track tonight.

Great to see Johnny Benson on the track tonight !

C'mon Southie !!!

Let's go racing !

Last edited by AZ Snake Fan; 08-19-2009, 06:39 PM.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Sorry Southie, it's SPEED, not ESPN.

Skinner just hit the pits

Kyle is nutz !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Snake Fan View Post
        Sorry Southie, it's SPEED, not ESPN.

Skinner just hit the pits

Kyle is nutz !!!
        I still haven't heard why he had to pit. Some are guessing a tire went down.

Yay for Kyle! I wish his personality/people skills would match his driving skills.
        Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post

Yay for Kyle! I wish his personality/people skills would match his driving skills.
          Then again NASCAR needs a villian.
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
            Then again NASCAR needs a villian.
            NASCAR has plenty of villains.
            Kyle is not a "villain".
            Kyle is just a kid.

Jr. acted the same way at that age, now he acts more mature and "grown up".
            Being that young and talented, it is tough to control emotions.

I'm talking about Kyle cramming his truck through the center 3 wide on a turn nutz !

Comment

That was Mike's race to lose.
              After the speeding penalty, he was coming back strong with plenty of laps to go, got to about 10th and then mysteriously headed down pit row. Vibration ?

I got up, left the room.

Comment

• Tony Stewart was also that hot headed young gun.

Kaz has signed a deal with Penske to race in the Sprint Cup.

sigpic

Comment

• Yay, Kyle!

Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Yay, Kyle! ---for Truck race win.

At least it wasn't Horny.

I also think it's great that Kyle doesn't keep his earnings from trucks. It all goes back to the team.
                    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Yay, Kyle! ---for Truck race win.

At least it wasn't Horny.

I also think it's great that Kyle doesn't keep his earnings from trucks. It all goes back to the team.
                      That is one good thing about him.

sigpic

Comment

• Road course!

Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Hubby's not happy. Labonte out for the next few races. And, this gets broken.

Bobby Labonte has started 568 consecutive races, a streak that begun at Daytona in February of 1993 when he drove the #22 Maxwell House Ford for Bill Davis. He is second on the all time consecutive start list to #24-Jeff Gordon, who has started 569 straight races.
                          Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

Hubby's not happy. Labonte out for the next few races. And, this gets broken.
                            just saw that and I"M FREAKING ANGRY!!!! Is he hurt or just cut? maybe terry will give his ride up to bobby so he can keep his streak going.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                              just saw that and I"M FREAKING ANGRY!!!! Is he hurt or just cut? maybe terry will give his ride up to bobby so he can keep his streak going.
                              It's all about money. I guess Darnell is bringing the sponsors with him?

I'm just glad that Bobby's going to be at Dover, our home track.

Darnell replacing Bobby Labonte for 7 races: UPDATE 2: Yates Racing, announced that former NASCAR Camping World Series Rookie-of-the-Year and current NASCAR Nationwide Series driver, Erik Darnell will be behind the wheel of the #96 entry in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series for seven races this season. Darnell will make his Sprint Cup Series debut Labor Day weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the #96 Academy Sports & Outdoors Ford Fusion. He also is slated to pilot the #96 at Loudon, Kansas, Talladega, Texas, Phoenix and Homestead. Darnell will carry the familiar colors of Northern Tool + Equipment for the Loudon and Kansas races. Academy Sports & Outdoors will be Darnell's primary sponsor at Atlanta, Talladega and Texas. Bobby Labonte will continue to race the#96 Ford under the Hall of Fame Racing banner with Ask.com and DLP as his primary sponsors at Richmond, Dover, Fontana, Charlotte and Martinsville. "This is a move that will be beneficial to Yates Racing surviving this difficult economic time," said Bobby Labonte. "Of course, I'm disappointed that the sponsorship environment is so challenging right now, but I intend to make the most out of the remaining races that I'm behind the wheel for Ask.com, DLP and Hall of Fame Racing."(Yates Racing PR)(8-31-2009)
                              UPDATE: Hall of Fame Racing would like to keep Bobby Labonte as its NASCAR Sprint Cup driver and likely will not be affiliated with Yates Racing next year, team co-owner Tom Garfinkel said Monday. The organization signed Ask.com as a sponsor and Bobby Labonte as a driver in January for the 2009 season and then landed a deal with Yates Racing for Yates to field the cars. Seven of the final 12 races were unsponsored, and Yates Racing has opted to put Erik Darnell in the #96 Sprint Cup car instead of Labonte. Garfinkel, in a phone interview, said his organization is still in discussions with Ask.com for next season but doesn't anticipate the Yates Racing relationship to continue. The organization is looking for other teams to partner with and is in discussions with other sponsors as well, Garfinkel said.(SceneDaily)(
                              Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Comment

• Just for fun, if all the sponsers where to be reset so no one had any sponsers. What driver would be the one that all the big names would want?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X