NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
    Just for fun, if all the sponsers where to be reset so no one had any sponsers. What driver would be the one that all the big names would want?
    Lagano, that kid has so much upside at such a young age. Beyond that I'd say tony stewart or ryan newman.
    sigpic

Comment

• I think it would be either Gordon or Johnson.
      Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
      sigpic

Comment

• THANK GOD!!!

From Jayski

Bobby Labonte in the #71 for seven races: After Bobby Labonte was dismissed from his driving duties for seven of the remaining 12 races in the #96 Yates Racing [Hall of Fame Racing] Ford, the 2000 Sprint Cup champ has agreed to pilot the #71 TaxSlayer Chevy for TRG Motorsports in those seven events starting this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Yates Racing announced on Monday that rookie Erik Darnell would share the ride with Labonte for the remainder of the year. David Gilliland, who has competed in 22 races for TRG this season, will continue driving for the team in the remaining events.(FoxSports), this move also affects the Past Champions Provisional, especially at AMS where three past Sprint Cup champions are eligible for the past champions provisional. #71-Bobby Labonte [2000 Champ], #08-Terry Labonte [1996 & 1984 Champ] and #21-Bill Elliott [1988 Champ] all are with teams outside the Top-35 in Owners Points and must qualify 7th or better among the 11 go-or-go-homers to make the race. If one or more does not, the 8th spot [43rd starting spot] would go to the most recent past champion. If all three race into the lineup, the 43rd spot goes to the 8th fastest of the eleven.(9-3-2009)
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          THANK GOD!!!

From Jayski
          That's great for Bobby. We weren't sure if he was allowed to find another ride, since he's still under contract. Told hubby that HOFR broke that.

A Ford driver driving a Chevy. Personally, I'm glad to see him back in a Chevy.

Maybe won't be competitive, but it'll keep the streak going.
          Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
            That's great for Bobby. We weren't sure if he was allowed to find another ride, since he's still under contract. Told hubby that HOFR broke that.

A Ford driver driving a Chevy. Personally, I'm glad to see him back in a Chevy.

Maybe won't be competitive, but it'll keep the streak going.
            It's like I was telling a guy on facebook if he does in fact permanantly cut ties with HOFR then he'd be a perfect canidate for a 3rd or 4th team to build on since he will be locked in regardless of points thanks to the PCP.
            sigpic

Comment

• ESPN is reporting the Danica will make the jump to NASCAR in 2010, but will still run Indy cars. I got the update throught ESPN MVP on my phone or I would provide a link.

sigpic

Comment

ESPN is reporting the Danica will make the jump to NASCAR in 2010, but will still run Indy cars. I got the update throught ESPN MVP on my phone or I would provide a link.
                Yeah, I just heard it on an ESPN update or something. Should be interesting.

Yay, Skinner!!!

at vapor bubbles.

And, Dillon got way too much air time.
                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

Yeah, I just heard it on an ESPN update or something. Should be interesting.

Yay, Skinner!!!

at vapor bubbles.

And, Dillon got way too much air time.
                  To be honest, I think Daincia is VERY overrated! She has only won one race so far.

sigpic

Comment

• That's the best I've seen bobby drive in like 2 years! Boring race but at least labonte did good.
                    sigpic

Comment

To be honest, I think Daincia is VERY overrated! She has only won one race so far.
                      I agree. I still think that Helio 'let' her pass him. He's proven that he's a team player. In this case, IRL/George. He had a 4-6 second lead (can't remember) and she just blows by him?

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                      That's the best I've seen bobby drive in like 2 years! Boring race but at least labonte did good.
                      I was impressed and surprised. They gave him lots of props.
                      Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

I agree. I still think that Helio 'let' her pass him. He's proven that he's a team player. In this case, IRL/George. He had a 4-6 second lead (can't remember) and she just blows by him?

I was impressed and surprised. They gave him lots of props.
                        If he does that a time or two more before the seasons up he may drive himself into a quality ride with someone like stewart-hass or childress.
                        sigpic

Comment

• One reason I hate F1 is that teammates will let a fellow teammate pass to get the win.

sigpic

Comment

• Yay for Mike at Iowa !!! Win out the next 8 !!!

Was that a Sprint Cup race on ESPN ?

Looked like 2 laps and 5 minutes of commercials to me.
                            And the same lame commercials over and over again.
                            It seemed to me that for a 500 mile race there were more commercials than laps.

I can put up with DW and the Gopher.
                            Can't beat Fox or SPEED for race coverage.
                            Hope that Richmond on ABC will be better, but Disney owns ABC as well as ESPN. We'll see.

What was up with those tires ? Cars running good, made no changes at the pits, just gas and tires, then ran backward. Bet Goodyear goofed up again like the times they sent the wrong tires to the wrong tracks. Something was real funky with those tires.

Danica smanica. If she really wants to compete at the Sprint level, she should take a crack at NW first, but no, she thinks that she is too good for NW. Look at Juan Pablo, he is just now beginning to learn the ropes.

Go Mikey !!! Take it at St. Louie !!!

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                            The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                            http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                            My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

• Edwards won in the NNWS.:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

• Yay, Skinner!!!

I think I love Crafton?

I haven't seen the race, yet. Just got back from the Renaissance Faire (love it!).

A good day.

EDIT: Okay, watched the race. I'm glad Skinner won, but...I don't think Crafton should have been penalized. I think both drivers went to block him (Bodine said he did) and he just didn't let up. Don't want to get hit? Don't come down on the other truck.
                                Last edited by Peanut; 09-12-2009, 08:59 PM.
                                Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

Working...
                                X