NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
    My buddies went to the ARCA race and bud shoot-out last weekend. The all take radios with them and were listening in on Danica of course. They said during the entire race she was talking like an idiot. I guess Eury Jr. was her crew chief and he was asking her to relay the numbers on her gauges and she didn't even know what the gauges meant. They said that she was getting all excited during the race whenever anyone would come close to her.

They also said she easily had the best car out there but she really didn't work the draft well. We'll see how she fairs in the nationwide race.

on another note, I'm 99% sure I am going to the 500. My buddies uncle is the VP of marketing for NASCAR, he's the guy that hires all the bands and entertainment. He has hooked us up for the last couple years for each daytona race and also homestead last year. Good times
    Glad you found us.

I think Danica is going to have the best of everything...CC/crew/equipment....just like she does in the IRL. Be interesting to see what she does with it. The commentators just drive me crazy.

Have fun Sunday!
    Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• I'm going to the twin 125's tomorrow. We got some Coca-Cola suite passes and tower passes. Very good seats. Hopefully won't be too cold (50's). I'll post when I get home tomorrow night.
      I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
      I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
      I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
      "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
      God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
      Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
        I'm going to the twin 125's tomorrow. We got some Coca-Cola suite passes and tower passes. Very good seats. Hopefully won't be too cold (50's). I'll post when I get home tomorrow night.
        Enjoy! If you could get me Jimmy or Jeff Autograph that would rock.
        Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
          Enjoy! If you could get me Jimmy or Jeff Autograph that would rock.
          I could've last year. My physical therapist was hired by hendricks last year to be Jeff's personal trainer for the first 3 races. Kinda cool.
          "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
            It's hard to believe it's racing season again already.

We're trying to win tickets for the Vegas race. But wifey is going to San Antonio for a week and won't be here. So if I do win them, I'll need to find a date.
            hey im alvailable if you need a date chaps.

i live in vegas and went last year. sadly my boy jeff gordon wrecked on the last lap. it was a hard wreck too.

Comment

• I just got back from the twin 150's. Both races were very enjoyable. I was up in the sprint tower if anyone knows where that is.

The guys that I was with always write all the drivers numbers on paper, put them in a hat and pay $5 per driver picked. We always include the people around us and we sold all of our drivers with the winner taking all. In the first race I had A.J. Allimendinger and Kyle Busch. I thought Kyle looked good the whole time but unfortunately wasn't able to pull it off.

As far as the race was concerned J.J. won, but it was kind of a fluke. He wasn't in the top 8 the entire race until Knaus had his stay out on a caution with 5 left. Somehow he had the car to win.

In the second race I picked Marcos Ambrose and Aric Amirola, so there was pretty much no hope for me. I'm kinda a Kurt Busch fan and his car was awful strong. I know this isn't too much of a shock but Tony Stewart will be a very big factor sunday. In my opinion, after watching today, he is the favorite. Should be exciting. I will find out tomorrow if we will get the tickets. Fingers crossed!

Comment

• Anyone else tired of Danicamania yet?
                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                Adopted By:
                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                Broncbeat

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                  Anyone else tired of Danicamania yet?
                  ME!!!

My first love is open wheel racing (CART, before it got split). So I've been hearing about Patrick since she was in Indy Lights. Is she a good driver? Yes. Is she a good person? She seems to be. My annoyance is with the media/commentators. It's even invaded the Truck practices/quals.
                  Administrator

Lupus Awareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                    Anyone else tired of Danicamania yet?
                    :wave:

Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Brad Keselowski blatantly put JR in the wall. I don't know how no one else "saw" it.

Oh, and Danica Patrick needs to stick to open wheel racing. She's even SAID its tougher racing and she might be over her head. I just don't want her to get overconfident and then take someones life. LIKE KESELOWSKI did today.
                      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                        Brad Keselowski blatantly put JR in the wall. I don't know how no one else "saw" it.

Oh, and Danica Patrick needs to stick to open wheel racing. She's even SAID its tougher racing and she might be over her head. I just don't want her to get overconfident and then take someones life. LIKE KESELOWSKI did today.
                        Could've done, I mean.
                        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          Brad Keselowski blatantly put JR in the wall. I don't know how no one else "saw" it.

Brad is not one of my favorites. I don't think he's a favorite of too many drivers, either (he made enemies before he even went to Cup).

:hammer: Trucks should not bump draft. And, Peters should not have won.
                          Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• I like the Indy car racing a little more, but I went to the Daytona 500 last year with some fam and friends, and it was so much fun. I couldn't go to this one. Hopefully next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Letsgobolts View Post
                              I like the Indy car racing a little more, but I went to the Daytona 500 last year with some fam and friends, and it was so much fun. I couldn't go to this one. Hopefully next year
                              Open wheel is my first love, too (CART). Now that George is out, I think I can enjoy it more.

I love going to NASCAR races.
                              Administrator

Lupus Awareness

Comment

• Too bad the issues with the track are getting most of the headlines. I thought the racing today was pretty good.

Congrats to Jamie Mac.

I'm hoping that the way Dale Jr. was racing today is the way he races the rest of the year.
                                sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                                Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                                Adopted By:
                                Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                                Broncbeat

Comment

Working...
                                X