No announcement yet.

NASCAR Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just read some stuff on Jayski about the incident.

What's bugging me now is that Brad is playing the 'poor, poor me' victim. If it wasn't for the spoiler, the car would not have gone airborne. It wouldn't have been so dramatic and such a big deal. He would have just spun.

Brad has never wrecked anybody intentionally? Yeah, right.

Edwards should be penalized/suspended. Maybe this will be a lesson for all drivers. And, maybe they'll get rid of the spoiler. I like racing. Not an air show.

I also think NASCAR should invite Hamlin to the meetings.
    Administrator

#Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
      I just read some stuff on Jayski about the incident.

What's bugging me now is that Brad is playing the 'poor, poor me' victim. If it wasn't for the spoiler, the car would not have gone airborne. It wouldn't have been so dramatic and such a big deal. He would have just spun.

Brad has never wrecked anybody intentionally? Yeah, right.

Edwards should be penalized/suspended. Maybe this will be a lesson for all drivers. And, maybe they'll get rid of the spoiler. I like racing. Not an air show.

I also think NASCAR should invite Hamlin to the meetings.
      They are as of martinsville, this race should be the last time we ever see it at a speedway.
      sigpic

Comment

• UPDATE: Carl Edwards has been placed on three weeks' probation by NASCAR for intentionally wrecking Brad Keselowski's car during last weekend's race at Atlanta. NASCAR president Mike Helton said Tuesday there are two separate issues: the wreck itself, and the fact that Keselowski's car went airborne. He says NASCAR is reviewing why the car left the track, and adds that NASCAR will meet with both drivers and their car owners to "clean the slate."(Associated Press) (3-9-2010)
        I guess they're taking into consideration that it might have been 'equipment failure' for making it go airborne.

Still, I'm kind of surprised. Would this be the result if someone like Robby Gordon did it instead of Edwards (Roush)?
        Administrator

#LupusAwareness

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• Originally posted by Peanut View Post
          I guess they're taking into consideration that it might have been 'equipment failure' for making it go airborne.

Still, I'm kind of surprised. Would this be the result if someone like Robby Gordon did it instead of Edwards (Roush)?
          I'm suprised as well. If I remember correctly, Kevin Harvick got parked for a race for rough driving during a truck race, but got suspended for a cup race. Me thinks the lack of suspension might have something to do with sponsor money for Edwards car, plus the fact that people will tune into the next race to see if there's any short track retribution.
          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
          Adopted By:
          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
          Broncbeat

Comment

• I was wondering if anything has been said or done regarding Carl going the wrong way down pit row when they sent him to the garage?

That seemed like an in your face type of move on his part and didn't think NASCAR would take too kindly to that.
            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
              I'm suprised as well. If I remember correctly, Kevin Harvick got parked for a race for rough driving during a truck race, but got suspended for a cup race. Me thinks the lack of suspension might have something to do with sponsor money for Edwards car, plus the fact that people will tune into the next race to see if there's any short track retribution.
              Yes, Harvick was suspended for a race. He is one of the few people who are not happy with this situation.

On ESPN, they said that other drivers would be high-fiving Edwards if it wasn't for the flip.

Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
              I was wondering if anything has been said or done regarding Carl going the wrong way down pit row when they sent him to the garage?

That seemed like an in your face type of move on his part and didn't think NASCAR would take too kindly to that.
              I have not heard about any punishment. I'm sure they said 'Carl, don't do that again'.

To correct my posts above...they need to get rid of the wing and use the spoiler. It's been a long few days.
              Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Comment

• It seemed wiered not having a race on Sunday, but the break could be a good think it will give things a chance to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Dr. Peanut, they said the same thing on inside NASCAR. Alot of drivers loved what he did, other then the flip.
                Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                  It seemed wiered not having a race on Sunday, but the break could be a good think it will give things a chance to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  Dr. Peanut, they said the same thing on inside NASCAR. Alot of drivers loved what he did, other then the flip.
                  Doing that "payback" was not cool. I dont care what the other drivers say. Somebody in the stands could have been hurt or worse along with the fact that Brad could have been killed.

I don't like this type of racing. Keep the wheels on the ground fella's.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
                    Doing that "payback" was not cool. I dont care what the other drivers say. Somebody in the stands could have been hurt or worse along with the fact that Brad could have been killed.

I don't like this type of racing. Keep the wheels on the ground fella's.
                    I COMPLETELY agree. I think that type of racing is dirty and has no place in NASCAR. I did not like Dale for that reason. Personaly I feel that if you have to wreck someone to win you have NO place on the track. I prefer clean passing.

sigpic

Comment

• I am watching "The Ride of Their Lives", it makes me miss the days when NASCAR, used STOCK CARS!!

sigpic

Comment

• Jimmie gets yet another win, giving him 50 all time.:salute!:

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Southstander View Post
                          Jimmie gets yet another win, giving him 50 all time.:salute!:
                          Pretty good driving there after that last caution. He dominated the end of that race. Good for him. I'm not much of a small track guy, but yesterday was a pretty clean race.

The move on to the paperclip next week and then we get back to the big tracks! Can't wait for Phoenix and Texas!

sigpic

Comment

• Now that NASCAR is ditching the Spoiler, I wonder if more the the COT will be tweaked. Personaly I would love to see them have car look like their "street" verions.

sigpic

Comment

• Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

sigpic

Comment

• Denny Hamlin wins the rain postponed Springrace at Martinsville.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X